Chapter 156. Our Reunion (1)
423 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Taking a few of the wasabi paste that was on reserve, taking a smooth knife from the shelves as I looked at the chef who was also making steaks on their own, “Do we have any fresh bread that we can use?”

 

“We have a few on the storage room, my lady,” one of the chefs replied as I looked at Fiona who was on standby, and nodded before she quickly ran towards the storage room. After ensuring the bread, I scrambled inside my mind over what other meals to make.

 

The chefs were already hard on work with the steak; Raeliana was working on some vegetable salad, Tanya was working on some turkey while Sheena together with Faron worked on the simpler meals for children which kind of are their expertise in cooking since the two of them had younger siblings.

 

“Hmm—what else would they like?” I muttered while staring at the piece of wasabi on my side of the kitchen. There were only knives, wasabi paste, and some other condiments like ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise.

 

I could make some toasted sandwiches which Kaori would be fine with but as for Flora and Mana, the two of them are more leaning towards meat which means I would have to create a nice snack for them instead and almost immediately, the image of a beautiful steak burger came to mind.

 

“Please leave me some steak to use as well,” I turned back to the chefs who I always forget to ask about their names. They were working hard on several steaks which made me feel bad for asking but then again, it would be better to ask from them since they were already working on multiple at once.

 

“As always, my lady!” one of them replied.

 

The entire kitchen was in a fiery mode right now as Fiona’s figure appeared from the storage room, carrying a few bags of bread which looked a little like baguettes, but it was fine as Fiona’s voice echoed inside my head, “Where should I place this?”

 

“Place it on my table,” I replied before she stopped before my table and placed them on the spot where I quickly took my knife and sliced the baguettes into several chunks before slicing them into two halves from the center.

 

Opening one of the wasabi paste containers, I took a smooth knife and pasted a few pastes onto the bread before closing them as I took the mustard and wiped it on another three pieces of bread before closing them like the first one.

 

After the normal sandwiches were done, I then moved towards the chefs who were preparing the steak before asking, “Can I take five of them?”

 

“Feel free to do so, my lady!” the chef beside me answered as I nodded, taking the nicely cooked steak from their side, and placing it on my table where I then looked around for some vegetables before catching the sight of some lettuces, onions and some other vegetables that were perfect for a burger on Raeliana’s side.

 

I immediately ran towards Raeliana before saying, “I’ll take these,” while taking the lettuce, onions, and some other vegetables that I found fit before running back towards my table where Fiona could be seen drooling a bit.

 

A giggle escaped my lips a bit from seeing her endure but there was no time to laugh around as I immediately decorated the bread with some vegetables, placing the lettuce at the very bottom of the bread followed by the steak.

 

“Fiona, can you get some cheese from the storage room?” I looked at the ‘burger’ and asked through telepathy.

 

“Do you want the large kind or small?” she asked.

 

“The smaller ones, we don’t need the large ones for this one,” I replied.

 

“As you wish,” she responded before the sounds of her walking away echoed as I continued to prepare the delicious steak burgers. It was a simple steak burger but even then, it is super delicious to look at. I do need to burn the bread and the vegetables a bit through magic which I hope I can control properly with this body since my control of magic on this form is quite bad compared to the vampiric form.

 

Fiona didn’t take long and came back with the perfect cheese, placing it on my table as I sliced them into tiny sheets and layered them three times on each steak before placing mayonnaise and ketchup on the other bread and topping it off with tomatoes, onions and covering it with the other bread with a sigh of relief.

 

I repeated the same step on the other four bread as well before all of them were ready to be burned a bit. I would really love to trust Fiona with heating the bread through magic but considering how powerful her magic is compared to me in this body, she might burn it to ashes even if she were to control it to her weakest which means I could only rely on myself on this as I pointed my index finger on one bread.

 

[Divine Magic: Cooking Fire]” I mumbled unconsciously before the bread suddenly sparkled a bit with the cheese melting even though there were no visible flames. The bread was turning into gold which surprised me as I remembered the random incantation: [Divine Magic]

 

“To think that I would be seeing Divine Magic being used in my lifetime, hehe,” Fiona’s voice echoed inside my head as the sparkle vanished, revealing a beautiful cheesy steak burger with golden brown baguette used as buns.

 

Suddenly, the other four bread sparkled as well as the same phenomena occurred with the other four bread appearing as the same perfect cheesy steak burger that I wanted. The delicious aroma of the burger spread around the kitchen, attracting all of their gazes as they looked at the burger with utter shock.

 

“What is this delicious-looking bread?!” one of the chefs exclaimed as all of them drooled over the bread.

 

“Are your side of meals ready?” I looked at them and asked in a loud voice before all of them snapped back to reality as they quickly finished up the meals they were cooking. After some time, all of the dishes were cooked and were covered in a steel cloche and placed on service carts.

 

Heaving a sigh of relief, I sat down on a wooden chair before Tanya looked at me with a smile, “My lady… we have to dress you up since the guests are high-profile. We can’t afford to have the host look bad in front of the guests, after all.”

 

“Indeed, it would be rude of me to look bad in front of them,” I smiled while imagining the faces of Flora, Crystal, and Mana after a long time of not meeting each other. The times that Kaori would visit me were nighttime which meant Crystal would be asleep.

Taking a glance at Fiona who was standing with a bit of drool on her lips, I told her through telepathy: “You can eat with us later, for now, can you help the others in preparing everything? I will go dress myself up in the meantime.”

 

“To think that someone like me would be used as a servant,” she laughed as I averted my gaze, “I don’t mind though since I was a host of several parties back on my time. It isn’t bad to experience what my butlers had experienced in the past.”

 

After she said those words, she soon left with a smile that carried her longing. It felt bad for her since she would have lived the best of her life if she had moved on from that man she loved but instead she fell for the temptations of the devil and became the person she is now.

 

“Let’s go now, my lady,” Tanya said as I nodded before the two of us walked up towards my room where she took out a few beautiful dresses that I could pick. They were all Lolita dresses from classical to military which was the one I liked.

 

The classical dress looked pretty old-school and ugly for me with the colors a bit desaturated which immediately got into my ‘no-go’ list, the princess style had too much design on them which also went to my ‘no-go’ list, most of them had the annoying complex designs that I didn’t like which made them unsuitable for the occasion; as for the military Lolita one I liked, it was out of the list since it didn’t suit the occasion as well.

 

All that was left was the modern dress that I had designed which was given to me by Kaori during one of her visits to me. It was the only modern dress that I had from the other kingdom which made me feel a bit nostalgic as memories of my time back then flooded me. Tears almost rolled down my cheeks as I looked at the dress.

 

“I’ll go with this,” I picked up the dress from the bed before Tanya nodded as I quickly changed onto the dress which was a simple white floral dress. Despite being simple, it was extremely pleasing to the eyes and suited the occasion.

 

After the dress selection, Tanya then braided my hair to a half-crown braid which was what I always wanted. My beautiful white hair with slight threads of brown was unique, the golden eyes of mine looked sparkling as always and my cheeks were soft like pillows.

 

There was never a time where I wouldn’t admire this new body of mine. It was too beautiful—or rather divine especially the golden eyes which looked to be sparkling every time. My old body felt like a frog in front of this new one, it couldn’t even compare with this one at all.

 

“You look beautiful as always, my lady,” Tanya smiled after she finished braiding my hair.

 

I stood up and twirled around a bit, looking at myself in every direction. You could hardly describe the beauty of this body, it simply looked gorgeous that I couldn’t help but complement it every time I see myself in the mirror.

 

My hair which was tied in a half-crown braid suited my dress amazingly, the white dress was solid white in color with floral designs etched onto the dress; it was also a knee-sized dress which indeed feels a lot better than the old-style dresses here which stretched up to your foot.

 

All of a sudden, the sound of a carriage stopping in front of our gates entered my ears as Fiona’s voice echoed: “My lady, the guests has arrived and sure enough, I can already feel the intense pressure of a demigod from one of the guests. You weren’t kidding when you said there was another demigod besides you and a powerful one at that who doesn’t even bother hiding the aura.”

 

Fiona’s voice trembled a bit which showed how much she was being pressured by Kaori’s aura which reminded me of that time when Kaori met up with His Majesty back on the other kingdom, I remember hearing about how her aura made people suffocate… it seems like they weren’t kidding since her aura was enough to make Fiona, a strong succubus queen tremble even in telepathy.

 

“Please guide them to the living room, I will be there shortly,” I replied to Fiona.

 

“Okay,” she replied before I looked at Tanya who nodded as well.

 

Taking a few more glances at myself in the mirror, ensuring there was nothing wrong with me. I soon looked at the door where Tanya was already waiting, opening it as I walked towards the stairs before the sight of a brown-haired teenage girl standing beside a younger black-haired girl came to sight.

 

Besides the girls was Mana who looked more mature than before and Kaori who was dressed in a beautiful white dress as if she had planned everything ahead of time. Tears rolled down from my eyes as I walked down the stairs with a smile, “Welcome to my humble abode, dear guests!”

21