Chapter 170. Battle Commence!
292 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Upon his announcement, all the gazes of the groups lingered around. They had confused looks on their faces as they constantly searched for the ‘representative’ without a single person noticing me who was standing beside the Guild Master.

 

Well, their actions were natural as I don’t really look like the representative in a sense. An ordinary person looking at me in this form would think that I was simply a young noble daughter who ran away from home especially with this beautiful, soft white hair of mine.

 

“Remember to place your bets already, I want my prize money,” I looked at the guild master who smiled bitterly but nodded anyway, “It’s time for me to go wild a bit, hope you don’t mind me causing some people to collapse.”

 

Heaving a sigh, I materialized my scythe before throwing it up in the air as my mind immediately calculated the direction and spot where the scythe would impact and immediately flung myself towards the spot as the scythe soon slammed down at the center of the Colosseum with my body standing on top of the blade.

 

It’d be fine to mess around with them a little bit since my primary goal other than taking the villages and increasing my land is to solidify my position in the kingdom, become more influential than ever which is what I will be needing a lot to convince people of the war in the future.

 

“Are these all the peasants who my beautiful lady challenged, psst,” I spat while speaking like a delinquent, glancing at every single one of the groups before releasing pressure down towards the colosseum which caused the entire ground to shake violently.

 

Most of them couldn’t handle the pressure and were forced down to their knees, some were even holding their breath and nearly choking themselves. The sheer pressure coming from a creature that is equivalent to four hundred levels is simply enough to knock them down.

 

“Ara… someone is sustaining?” I looked towards a certain red-haired lady who looked to be a knight with her heavy armor that had golden strips and a sword that reeked of holiness. She looked like a hero in stories which made me a bit curious.

 

Her gaze was pinned towards me as she stabbed her sword deep to the ground, fighting against the pressure coming from me as much as she can. I was amused and retracted all the pressure that I was pushing to everyone and changed the trajectory of the pressure straight towards the girl.

 

Immediately her body dropped to the ground, but she wasn’t knocked unconscious even with the pressure which made it even more amusing.  Her gaze was still on me as she gritted her teeth, blood dripping from her lips.

 

“You are quite interesting…” I mumbled before retracting the pressure as I hopped off from my scythe under the shocked and pale gazes of many, lifting my scythe from the ground before dashing straight towards the girl where I took a closer look at her, lowering myself a bit to face her in the eye, “What is your name?”

 

“WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING, ATTACK HER! SHE IS THE CHALLENGER!” an annoying, ego-filled voice echoed throughout the colosseum which snapped everyone back to reality. My gaze turned towards the origin of the voice before my body moved by itself, appearing in front of him as I kicked him from between his legs.

 

Almost immediately, the sound of two eggs exploding reverberated. All the men immediately closed the gaps between their legs with their faces completely pale, “You have quite the guts, ugly. Are you sure any of your dearest representatives can challenge me?”

 

Showing a grin, I looked at him in the eye with deep killing intent that made him tremble in fear, sweating nervously while enduring the pain, “Arrogance leads to death, have you heard about that? Well, you probably didn’t which is why all your future heirs have died within a single second.”

 

“I hate people who disturb me when I am doing something else, the next time you try to speak with that puny mouth of yours. I will rip it apart and hand it over to Her Majesty along with all the fraudulent actions you have done,” I warned before turning my gaze towards everyone in the colosseum as I spoke in a soft yet audible voice: “All of you have already understood the gaps between our powers. If all of you want to challenge me all at once then wait at the center.”

 

All of them looked towards their leaders who nodded back, it seems like they are still going to try even if the chance of their success is little but then again, I know most of these people are hired and desperately needing money which is why I plan on going as easy as I can against them, after all, I have no grudges against them.

 

Instinctively, my eyes wandered around the red-haired knight who was now standing up and looking back at me with a serious gaze. There was something within her that made my eyes attracted to her for some reason… I just can’t tell what it is… it’s like I know her, but I can’t point my finger at who she is.

 

My instincts can’t also be wrong though since if it tells me that I know her then I must know her somewhere… yet somehow, I still can’t figure out no matter how much I tried. It’s like looking at a wrapped present without having the ability to open it.

 

After some time, the representatives of each noble went over to their masters and consulted them. The smarter and more good nobles immediately retracted and went over to the guild master and handed over the title to the village they own which I made sure to remember their faces while the ones who were more arrogant held their heads high and kept screaming stuff like: ‘SHE’S ONLY A LITTLE GIRL, YOU CAN’T BEAT HER?!’

 

I felt bad for the representatives of the arrogant ones, most of them were simply little groups who wanted to make a living. They can’t even speak up since they are up against a noble who has a higher status than them, they could only grit their teeth.

 

Time passed by as I waited at the center, sitting on top of my scythe’s blade which didn’t hurt one bit. It was like a sofa for some reason, the blade became soft and felt like a bed which made me a bit interested as to how the scythe works but I can’t take it apart.

 

‘I should really explore the Land of Memories to find out more about my powers and maybe find a way to bring the system back…’ I mumbled to myself since it has been a little while where I have lived without the system.

 

There was no indicator for my mana and health, no mini-map for me to navigate with, and all of those fancy stuff. It was like I was playing in a real barebone game at this point which isn’t boring, but that convenience stuff was pretty handy and made this entire world more of an MMORPG.

 

“All the representatives who have remained are now ready!” a referee shouted on the side before looking at me with a bit of fear, but he held onto his footing and asked, “Is the representative for Her Ladyship of the Windsor family ready to go?”

 

With a smirk, I hopped off from my scythe, lifting the beautiful thing out from the floor before dashing a little bit away from the pile of people who were standing on the other side with their weapons ready. They looked at me with fear but still held onto their weapons and the most amusing part was the red-haired knight was still there.

 

I want to destroy that tough mask of that knight and see who she is, she wasn’t wearing an actual mask, but she looked like someone who was hiding her true persona which made her a bit mysterious. My gaze turned towards the referee as I nodded before he took a deep breath.

 

“One last confirmation, are all representatives ready to go?” the referee asked in a serious voice as all of us nodded at the same time before he took out a white flag and took a deep and heavy breath which could be heard by everyone.

 

A tense atmosphere wrapped around the group on the other side as they looked at me with a serious yet fearful gaze. Some were pale as if they were looking at a grim reaper. I looked at my scythe and wiped the little dirt on it before taking a glance at the referee who was still keeping everyone tense before he soon rose the flag up in the air and swiped it downwards as a loud voice reverberated around the entire colosseum.

 

“BATTLE COMMENCE!”

10