The Boss, The Child, And The Runaway Girl (1)
81 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Raising my wariness to the max, I trained my weapon on her and slowly crept up. When I was within a few feet of her, I used my foot to nudge her a little.

"Hey."

"..."

No response.

Is she dead?

Not too sure, I nudge her again with my foot but this time more vigorously.

"Hey."

"...Mnh."

There was a response this time. It seems to me that she's unconscious. Confirming this, I crouched down to get a closer look at her. 

She appeared to be in her mid to late teens, probably 16 or 17. She had short brown hair and a cute looking face that seemed to have a small amount of baby fat on them. She wasn’t to the point where she could turn crowds yet but she was quite the looker.

As for what she was wearing, it looked to be a school uniform, which consisted of a white button-up shirt and a plaid skirt. It had the insignia of shield and scroll followed by the name the school went by ‘Willshire Academy’. The uniform was a little dirty but it was relatively clean.

But if there was one thing that stood out on this uniform, it would be…

“Black, huh?”

That because her shirt was wet, I could distinctly see the underwear she had on. It was a black lace bra, which was mature for girls her age. And because the wet shirt accented her breast so much, I was easily able to guess her size, I placed her as a D-cup.

Quite the size in my opinion. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not attracted to her or anything. I’m not into young girls. I prefer women around my age, which is 26. 

But that’s not what matters here. The question is…

“What is she doing here?”

With this question in mind, I start to search her body for any identification. But sadly I couldn’t find anything. She had no wallet, no phone, no ID, no nothing. 

...I’m tempted just to leave her out here in the rain.

She has no relation to me after all. I just thought someone was trying to break into the shop, that’s why I came out here. Otherwise, if I didn’t hear that noise, I would’ve gone to my room, washed, and slept.

Sigh, what to do?

“...”

I then look at the pistol in my hand.

...No, I can’t do that. She’s not a job nor is she an enemy. For all I know, she’s an innocent person. Besides, I can’t just leave her here. If people found out that a young girl died in the alleyway right next to Modest Maiden, business would take a serious hit. I don’t want that to happen.

Despite it being only half a year, I’m growing quite fond of this place.

Sigh, why couldn’t she have been a burglar instead? At least that way, I can shoot her, get rid of the body, and be done with it.

Perhaps, I could toss her in the car and drop her off somewhere? Like a hospital or police station?

Yeah, maybe I should do that.

“...No...I don’t...to.”

As I stood over the girl trying to decide her fate, the girl mumbled out. I wonder what she’s dreaming. 

Meh, not that I care. She can tell it to the nurses after I do an anonymous drop-off. 

Putting the pistol into the waistline of my pants, I said to the unconscious girl as I lifted her into a princess carry.

She wasn’t all that heavy. She was actually pretty light. 

While carrying her back to the garage, I tried my best to keep my eyes focused in front of me. Because every time I looked down at the girl, the only thing my eyes got attracted to were those big D-cup breasts. 

Those twin mountains are magnets to a man's eyes. One can’t help but be drawn to them.

"If I knew I'd be doing this I should've gotten a towel. She's going to get my seats wet." 

I lamented as I opened the garage door by putting my foot under it and lifting it. I should ask the boss whether or not they can buy a new garage door after this, this one is opening a bit too easily.

Then, just as I was about to place the girl in the passenger seat…

 "Dominic, are you there?"

A womanly voice was suddenly heard from inside the cafe. 

I knew that voice. It belonged to the person that gave me a job, allowed me to rent this garage, and gave me a place to stay.

It was my boss!

"Dominic?"

My boss called out to me as I heard her get closer. This caused me to become slightly panicked. 

What would she think if she sees me, a 26-year-old man, princess carrying a 16 or 17-year-old?  Will she call the police? Would she fire me then kick me out of the apartment?

"I'm here Ms. Linda. I just got back from my other part-time job… However, it seems I found something that I need your help with."

I said with an awkward and resigned smile as I saw the door connecting to the cafe open.

Sigh, since things, unfortunately, developed this way, I might as well say fuck it. Although the rent is cheap and it’s peaceful here, it's not like I'm struggling to make a living. I can find a new spot in a matter of a couple of days. 

“What do you need my help...with?”

Upon entering the garage and seeing me holding an unconscious girl in my hands, Ms. Linda's eyes grew wide, and froze up on the spot. It took a few moments before she finally snapped out of her daze and started looking at me with eyes full of suspicion.  

“What’s going on here? Where did she come from...? Y-you didn’t kidnap her did you?”

At this accusation, I couldn’t help but let out an awkward laugh before saying.

“No, I did not kidnap her. I heard a noise outside in the alleyway thinking it was a burglar and went to go check it out. Then, that’s where I found this girl laying on the ground unconscious. Judging from her school uniform, I think she might be a runaway.”

Because there isn’t any school that went by the name of Willshire Academy in New Haven.  

“I know, I was just kidding. I wouldn’t have hired you or allowed you to rent a room from me if I knew you were such a sleazy person… bring her inside, she might get sick if she stays in those close for too long.”

Moving to the side so that I could enter the cafe, Ms. Linda said as she looked at the girl with a face full of concern. Surprised, I ask.

“Are you sure?”

This is a stranger you're bringing into your home after all.

“Yes, I’m sure. If she did run away from home I’m sure there’s a good reason for it.”

Ms. Linda’s eyes showed a hint of sympathy as she said this. It seems like she experienced something similar in the past. But I won’t question it, everyone in this town has at least one or two skeletons hiding in the closet.

“Put her in the vacant room right next to yours.”

“Yes ma’am!”

Readjusting the girl in my arms, I said with a smile as I entered the cafe. Despite having experienced it first hand, I can’t help but still admire my boss’ kindness. People like her in this city are far and in-between.

 

“Oh, by the way, did your other boss make you work overtime?”

As we walked through the cafe, Ms. Linda suddenly asked. Probably to help ease the somewhat tense atmosphere. It’s not every day you take an unconscious person home after all. 

“Yeah, my supervisor forced me to fill out a little bit of paperwork after we finished most of today’s work. Well, I say ‘little’ but it was a pile of it.” 

Nodding my head, I lied with a calm but slightly tired face. 

Because it was a hassle trying to explain myself as to why I come in at all times of the night and day either dirtied or bloodied, this was the story I told her before moving here. She thinks that I’m a part-time construction worker who works here as a waiter and a laborer at the construction site, she has no idea that I’m a fixer.

It hurts me a little to lie to a kind lady like this but it’s for her own good. It wouldn’t be beneficial to her if she knew that I was a fixer. 

Being one of the best in this line of work has its fair share of enemies.

“Now that you mention it, you are dirty. You didn’t track any dirt in here did you.”

Finally noticing my dirtied appearance, Ms. Linda said as she started looking around the floor, trying to find any footprints made of dirt. Shrugging my shoulders, I said with a smile.

“If I leave dirt, I’ll make sure to get it before the cafe opens.”

“You sure? You must be tired since you’re just now getting off. If you want, I can let you take a day off.”

“Nah, you don’t have to do that. I’ve pulled all-nighters before so this is nothing. All I need is a couple of hours of sleep and I’ll be good to go.”

This beats staying up days on end in a sniper hide waiting for a target to show themselves any day.

“I hope so. I can’t have my best worker fall out in the middle of the cafe because he was too exhausted. It’ll hurt my reputation.”

“Haha, don’t you worry. By the time the store opens, I’ll be energized and ready for work.”. 

“Mn, I’ll hold you to it. Oh, and before I forget, be on the lookout for the shipment of caramel. I ordered some the other day so it should arrive sometime this morning.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“Also…”

“Mommy?”

Before Ms. Linda could finish her sentence, a small voice was heard in front of us. More specifically, it came from the stairs leading to the upper floors where me and Ms. Linda lives. 

“Mommy, where are you?”

The voice called out again, this time, a bit louder since the person behind the voice came down the stairs. 

It was a little girl around the age of six. She had long black hair and was wearing pink pajamas that had unicorns all over it while carrying a small teddy bear in one hand. She was using the other one to wipe the sleepers out of her eyes. 

It was a pretty cute scene.

“I’m here baby, what’s the matter?”

Upon seeing her child, Ms. Linda walked over and asked gently as she picked her up. She gave the girl a small kiss on the cheek.

“I need to use the bathroom.”

The girl said a little sleepy. Showing a motherly smile, Ms. Linda said.

“Alright, come on, let mommy take you.”

“Mn.” 

Not saying any more other than giving me an apologetic smile, Ms. Linda took her child upstairs to the bathroom, leaving me to follow in behind her silently. When we got up the stairs, Ms. Linda took her child to the bathroom while I went straight for the vacant room, which was the second to last door in the hallway. 

Mine room was the last one. I needed to have an overview of the street just in case an emergency were to happen.

“...Lea..ve...me...al..one.”

The girl mumbled in her sleep as I gently laid her on the bed on top of a throw blanket. It wouldn’t do much but it should help from getting the bed wet. 

With this, my job is done. I’m not about to strip this girl naked and clean her up, that’s Ms. Linda’s job. Sigh, too bad she wasn’t a woman in her twenties.

“Is she doing alright? She’s not running a fever or anything is she?”

Closing her bedroom door with a few clothes in her hands, Ms. Linda asked. She must’ve gotten her daughter to go back to sleep before finding some clothes for the unconscious girl to wear. Nodding my head, I said to her.

“She’s doing fine. Other than mumbling stuff in her sleep, she doesn’t seem to be having a fever… Well, I’ll let you get to it. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

And with that, she entered the vacant room and I entered mine. Once I entered, I removed the pistol that was tucked in my waistline behind my back, detached the suppressor, and walked towards the closet.

When I opened it, I dragged out my gun cache in the disguise of an ordinary chest. It had an electric lock on it that needed my fingerprints to open. 

BEEP!

With a barely audible beep, the cache unlocked. Opening it, I saw the first level of three leveled chest. 

It was my unloaded M4 carbine attached with a holographic sight on the top rail, a red dot sight on the side rail, a laser attached to the bottom, and a suppressor on the barrel. I had it personally tuned to my liking by a gunsmith I know. He said I got the best of both worlds as it’s as accurate as a competition rifle but as tough as a combat rifle.  

lifting the first level, I then go onto the second level.

This level consisted of my pistols. Which is the Remington R1 1911 I have in my hand, the Glock 19 with a custom grip and bull barrel, an F.N. Five-Seven, and a snub nose Smith and Wesson 44. Magnum.

Unloading my pistol, I placed it back into the spot that was molded to fit my 1911 and placed the magazine by its side. Then, I moved the levels back into their original positions and closed the box, causing it to make a small *beep* before locking again.

After that, I went to the bathroom, washed, changed, threw my clothes in the dirty bin for washing later, and jumped into bed.

“Ah, damn, this feels good.”

I said in pleasure. Despite this bed being a normal old bed, it felt just like a cloud.

“Today has been a long day. But at least it was worth it.”

I said as I slowly drifted off to sleep

5