Chapter 01 – Waking up
3.4k 26 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Umm, what a great morning.

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the tree … who am I kidding, there are no such things here.

How long has it been? Two million years, three million? I just stop counting.

Time flew really fast when you are an immortal, even more so when you’re powerful. Just a little nap and maybe a couple hundred years had passed.

You could practically sleep from the start to the end of the universe if you were careless.

Nevertheless, this time I slept for quite a while, didn’t I? I wonder how everything has changed.

About me? Everything around me is just empty space, a blank void of nothingness. It’s hard for anyone to change in this kind of environment.

Or maybe I’m just lazy, teehee~

Anyway, I guess I should check up on that project? It’s the last thing I did before going into hibernation after all.

With that in mind, I silently whispered in my head.

“Status.”

 

⊱⇱⊶⊷⊶⊷

Name: X (not set)

Age: ???

Race: Goddess

Level: ???

Power Points: 10 (alert: dangerous level)

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰⌍

 

Ehhhh~

10 power points?

How long have I been asleep for?

With a point count this low, will I face any scary things if I let it sink lower...?

I have not been a god for long, so I don’t really know.

Yes, as you have guessed, I’m not really a god.

Or a “true” god in that sense.

I was just a normal person on Earth, before I died and got here.

The memory of my past life is blurred, so I don’t remember any significant details.

However, I think I was a huge game lover (addict).

I would play games for hours, all kinds of games, especially RPGS.

I even think my death was somehow game-related.

My soul was transferred to this place equipped with almost nothing, except my feeling of joy playing games.

I guess I really did love them.

But life as a god is not exactly fun though. You get to live forever, but there was not much entertainment.

Compare to life on Earth, I think a limited lifespan but filled with many fun things is better.

However, being a god came with some perks.

And I was going to realize them soon.

But …. I’m getting kinda sleepy again.

Let me take a small nap first~

“No! Wake up!”

Ehh~

Who is that?

I looked around, and saw a fluffy doll.

It had big eyes, animal ears and wears a cute red costume.

It was angry for some reason. Its ears were perking up.

It was pretty big too, with a round body.

“No sleep! No sleep! You have hibernated for 100 million years already!”

Wha…

100 million years!?

No wonder my PP (power points) is so low!

Did I really sleep for 100 million years?

Then… that project…

I hastily whispered in my mind.

“Status: Maldea.”

A big, wide panel appeared before me. It was similar to a UI you could see in games. It had a blue-ish hue.

 

⊱⇱⊶⊷⊶⊷

World: Maldea

Population: 631,975,868

Status: Normal

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰⌍

 

Ehhh~

I’m glad it was still there.

I would be sad if it got hit and died from an asteroid or something.

“Actually that did happen, twice.”

It was from the fluffy doll. I proceeded to ignore her.

But what’s with this number?

600 million? That’s quite a lot. Them be like rabbits, huh?

Still, that did not change my grand plan.

That is … to craft the ultimate RPG!

That’s right! Full-dive MMORPG! Every gamers’s dream!

Ever since I became a god and got my hands on the god system, this has been my number one goal, and the entertainment I desired.

I poured a lot of power points on this idea, and created a world with the best RPG elements I could think of.

Creating a world involved a lot of risks, and the world could vanish at any moment, either from a disaster or a poor design choice.

Such as giving a species unbalanced power. 

They would go on a rampage, enslaving and killing all other species, and the world would often end up in ruin. Many gods faced this same problem, the system told me such.

Divine intervention is a possible remedy, but the god system limits our involvement.

Therefore, designing a balanced ecosystem is crucial to a sustainable world.

It seemed like my hard world paid off.

100 million years and still going strong, that was the indication of a well-designed world. I did this on the first try too.

Do you know the kind of people who would choose the hardest difficulty when they played a new game?

I was that kind of person, and I did not even read the tutorial.

When I became a god, a lot of inherent god knowledge was poured into my soul, and I made use of that basic building block.

The rest was a work of passion.

The Earth was 4.6 billion years when I left, so a lot of things could happen to this young world.

But still, I think it’s a good start.

“Hey! Are you ignoring me!?”

The fluffy doll slapped me in the face. Its cartoonish mouth curled up, showing its anger. 

But it was so fluffy and soft that it could hardly be called a slap.

A tap? No, more like a hug.

A bunny-fluffy hug.

Now I remembered her.

It was what I created in the beginning when I first became a god.

A hugging pillow. 

I would hug her during nap, floating around in my god’s space.

The last time I saw her, she was still a big, comfy hugging pillow.

Maybe 100 million years did something to her?

I don’t really know.

“You must be wondering, how I become like this, right?”

It crossed its short arms in a proud manner while nodding its head.

“Ehh~ no, not really.”

“It’s because I- wait, what did you say!?”

“I’m sleepy.”

I let out a big yawn.

“That’s not what you said! And don’t sleep, damn it!”

It angrily tapped on my cheeks.

It was itchy, but in a good way.

“Just kidding~, I know you are my hugging pillow, and I won’t sleep. My project is about to start.”

I often hugged her while working on the world of Maldea too.

“I’m not your hugging pillow! Call me Rina!”

“Yeah, yeah, Rina. Do you know anything about Maldea?”

“Maldea? It is a very dangerous place right now.”

“Ehhh~, how so?”

It floated around in space pondering for a while.

“It’s because of the different races. They fought so often, you would think it was an afterschool game or something. Sometimes I would watch them fight. It was pretty interesting.”

“And there is the issue of religions. You gave them no information about what god to worship, so they bred all kinds of fictional deities. Apparently, each race has its own deities and it’s an absolute mess. It has been gnawing at your power points.”

Strong belief and worshippers are a reliable source of PP (power points) for gods, so this is indeed an issue.

“Aside from that, there is no major issue. I have to give you some credits designing a pretty balanced world.”

“Ehhh~, thank you Rina-chan~”

I caught Rina with my hands and fold her into my arms. The sensation was great as usual.

“I’m not your hugging pillow! Damn it!”

Rina screeched and struggled, trying to break free from me. But her fur was too pillowy for me to let go.

“It’s fine Rina-chan, just let go. I miss you too.”

“I’m … not … your hugging … damn it.”

The protest from Rina got quieter and quieter, until it was just the two of us embracing each other in this vast empty space.

“Well, that was pretty relaxing, now we need to go back to work, right my hugging pillow?”

I slyly smiled.

“I’m not your hugging pillow! Huh!”

Rina turned her head away from me.

“It’s fine~”

“My project, finally it could begin. What a thing to look forward to.”

I took a deep breath.

“[Maldea], start!”

64