23. The Don and Unfortunate Gang 1
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hermes turned his gaze at his butler who was consecutively giving a hard punches the fat and old official. His face turned dark with a neon sight when he approached them. His butler halted after he noticed his presence, and he quickly released Mattia who was heavily beaten by his hands.

"I gave him the punishment he deserved, my Don," said Justin, promptly knelt in one knee and pressed his hands on his chest. Hermes signaled him to stand up and he folded his arm as he stepped his feet on the fatty old official's face. "Oi, you fatty old man. Wake up," he stomped, not hard but rough, twice his shoes on his face.

Captain Mattia cried, "Who... Who... Who the... hell.. are you, people?" Hermes clicked his tongue and he felt annoyed with his question. He kicked his face after he looked at his grumpy gaze. The fatty old official rolled back and forth on the floor crying from pain while his hands covered the part he got hit. The young Don got irritated from his reaction and he hit his stomach twice by his shoes. With that hard kick, the old official coughed blood and his left hand pressed the center part of his stomach. His face turned purple from nausea as his vision started to blur from pain. The young Don questioned him, "Who the fuck we are? You have no idea who we are? We are your worst nightmare tonight, you son of a bitch. Don't you see how much time has been wasted just to finish this mission, huh? Huh? I can't hear you, you maggot. We've come this far just to save a single person. I can't believe you're going to gob that girl. She's fucking young for you, you bastard. Have some class."

Captain Mattia begged, "P-p-please, have mercy on me."

"Oh, you're now going to beg for your life? You son of a bitch. Fuck you. I don't give a shit to an NPC like you," said the young Don abruptly.

"N-N-N-P-C?" Captain Mattia puzzled upon hearing it. He didn't know what's the meaning of NPC, but he realized that it was something new, and Justin had never heard about it either. Hermes raised his chin up, "Yes, you son of a bitch. You are just an NPC. An individual who just exist for a simple purpose. In short, you're just a background character. I have no idea why you're here but your existence have been ruined the whole plot of my game. Because of you, my life starts to become miserable. The quest should be easy at first but you choose to ruin my plan not once but twice."

"W-W-W-What do you want from me?" cried Captain Mattia as he didn't understand the reason for his hatred towards him. Hermes slapped his face twice, "You have no right to question me. Do you understand me, you fucking bastard?" The fatty old official nodded several times and he kept his mouth shut. He answered, "Y-Y-Yes, sir. I fully understand."

"Now, answer me this ― wait." Hermes heard several footsteps coming to the room. Without looking behind, he asked, "Justin, you know what you need to do." His butler nodded without saying a word as he fully understood what he meant to. Justin opened the door with the face of a vicious killer and he closed the door with etiquette. His smiling face turned dark as he turned his face at the enemies coming upstairs.

One of the guards who appeared to be one of the higher-ranking officers asked him, "Who are you? State your name!" His men behind him raised up their weapons and they aimed at the butler's position. Justin fixed his hair, cracked his neck from left to right and stretched his arms upward. Without a single word, the head of the officer who asked the question sent flying before his blood came out from the decapitated throat. The whole floor near the butler started to rain with blood and the people who witnessed his ferocious action became terrified.

Justin greeted, "Allow me to introduce myself, you lowly lifeforms. My name is Justin. I have no surname but I will make your life in shame. The sole servant of the Holy Supreme Being, Hermes Archnemesis. No need to ask me twice who am I since I am your nemesis."

"H-H-Hermes Archnemesis? The real Hermes Archnemesis of the West Scily. Wait, you're the butler of Aljen the merchant. Don't tell me, that brat is ― Goaaaw," said the other officer before his head sent flying too. The face of the butler turned darker than before, "Remember this lad, no one shall call my master's name a brat. He has a name. Of course, I am the only servant of my lord." He sighed, "Oh, my. How careless am I. I should just eliminate all of you to remain it a secret? Don't worry, I'll make sure you have a free ticket to hell."

"Kill him!" the last voice of the remaining leader of the group. The whole headquarters started to lighten up with gunfire inside. Blood started to cover each floor at that time.

While Justin had been busy slaughtering all of the village guards under Captain Mattia whether they were involved or not, the young Don started to interrogate the high official. He pulled out his submachine gun, and he pointed the barrel at the eyes of the fat man.

"Hey, there's something I want you to answer right now," he asked, glaring.

Captain Mattia stopped his movement and turned his gaze at the barrel, he replied, "What do you want from me? I will answer it with no lies behind it. Please don't kill me."

"Say," Hermes cracked his neck from left to right, "I'll be frank and go straight to the point. Who is responsible for the kidnapping?" With the terrifying gaze, Captain Mattia answered without hesitation, "It is the Handdog Gang's leader. His name is Renzo. He has no surname but I guarantee he is the one who paid for her abduction. He asked me to bring her under my care first before we would meet in this place. I think he and his crew will be here any minute now."

Hermes started to look at the point of this incident. He couldn't understand their reason right now, however, it was certainly clear that this man named Renzo had the power to control the monopoly of this place. Consequently, he must be responsible for the rapid immigration and the harsh situation of District 3 like what Daliah's report had been told. He added, "Say, what do you know about their goal?" Captain Mattia blinked his eyes twice and averted it. With that kind of reaction, Hermes kicked his belly which forcibly made him open his mouth. The fat official replied, "I, I don't' know."

"Bullshit, say something will ya," the young Don pulled the trigger and the bullets leave a large hole from the right side near the official's face. The fat official gulped and he begged, "Please have mercy on me, sir. I'm telling the truth. I have no idea what they want from the girl."

"Don't deceive me, fat ass. Do you really think I will fall to your play, huh? Say something before I blow up your head off and let your filthy blood lay scattered around your private room. You have three seconds to answer." Hermes aimed his gun at his forehead.

Captain Mattia pleaded, "Wait!"

"One, two, ― I'm not bluffing, fatass. Say something. Two and a half. A'ight ― three," Hermes almost pulled the trigger but he stopped doing so when the Captain finally confessed. He asked, "What did you say?" The old fat official answered, "I said. Renzo, leader of the Handdog gang, wants her to be sold to a powerful family."

"Elaborate. That's news to me and your answer is too short," asked the young Don, glaring.

Captain Mattia explained, " She's the Priestess of the God of Fate, right? There's a rumor that whoever has her will be given the right to become a powerful leader in Eurasia. I mean in Italia. It was five years ago when I signed a contract with that bastard. Renzo told me that he would sell her to his client who was a powerful Don residing in Northern Italia. He never stated if the Don was a man or a woman. He was ordered to capture her and bring her to their place."

"Who the hell will make him do that? She's not so important though. I don't see anything worth to her class." Hermes tilted his head and recalled his knowledge about the game. "The most important person in this world is those women — the twelve playable characters, the High Priestess of Rome, and the Empress of Unified Empire of Londinium. Or she might be a potential candidate for that position? But she is not the person I even remember to take it."

There's no such position known as the Priestess of God of Fate had been added in this game. Even he was confused about this kind of class, the only thing he could think about was the potential threat of her existence to the Holy Church in Roma. If she was that important figure, she might be an irreplaceable character in this world. However, the reason for her abduction had been clearly made his belief that there's something hidden behind it. She must be a closed relative of the twelve playable female characters that were the successor for the revival of the Grand Empire of the Ratican.

He clicked his tongue since he knew, that kind of event was one of the most daring parts of the last event of the game.

"The game is starting to change," he muttered aside which he could only hear. His face gazed down when he heard the clashes underneath his shoes. He simpered, "He must be having fun."

"What?" Captain Mattia gulped. Hermes rested his gun on his shoulder and he commanded, "Well, there's no time for me to interview someone like you. No need to worry, there's something you can do to make this thing right."

Suddenly, Justin appeared behind his master out of nowhere. There's no sound when he landed on the floor. He knelt down with his hands pressed on his chest. He lowered his head and he reported, "All of the village guards are completely sent to hell."

"How many are they? How many escape?" Hermes asked while keeping his face upfront. His servant raised up his head and answered, "The casualties are numbered of twenty-three dead village guards. There's no one escape from the place."

"Good job," Hermes grinned. "Justin, I want you to do me a favor."

"What is it, sir?" asked Justin. Hermes pulled down his gun and turned his upper body at his location, "Tie this man because we're going to have a guest to meet tonight."

Justin flinched when he saw his scarlet neon sight. He grinned, "As you wish, my Don."

Several minutes earlier, a group of men who were covered with black cloak had been approaching the place. They could hear a lot of noises coming out from that direction however, they assumed the party which was promised by Captain Mattia had started.

"Unbelievable, why did that bastard start the party without us?" a man named Renzo mumbled as he heard the noises. He wore a blue tailored suit, a cane in his hands, and a white top hat on his head. His henchman named Intenzo who wore a black suit approached his superior and he answered, "Sir, it is not sounded like a party for me. I don't know why but I am sure it is really more than that."

"Oh, you sure? If not, I'll blow up your head by using my own pistol," said Renzo.

"Sir, we are going to arrive at the place any minute now. Should we really move at that place with only a few members behind us?" asked Intenzo. His boss kept his eyes front as he answered, "There's nothing to afraid about. We already give them ten percent of our protection money in order to keep them away from our businesses. Y' know, there's nothing we can buy without this money in my pocket."

Intenzo nodded, "I agree. Money is the foundation of all. Everything is controlled by a single coin. A single coin can change everything in an instant. In an instant, you'll become a millionaire by doing so."

"You piece of crap, you're saying some shit that I couldn't even understand at all. You mean a single gold coin is worth of a thousand Luzers, right? It means we can control the monopoly and industry of this nation by using it." He mischievously giggled and he added, "There's nothing worth than controlling this piece of garbage."

Renzo referred the Neue Fiona village as a piece of garbage because it had been undeveloped for so long, and his group named Handdog gang had easily sneaked inside this place without encountering any problem. The citizens were poor and easy to manipulate. The officials who supposed to be protecting them were full of garbage and corrupt personnel like Captain Mattia. Those people who were oppressed by their so-called protection were easily removed and erased from history.

Five years ago, they were a bunch of small-time organizations. Renzo was a soldier from a declining Tatsulez mafia crime family. The organization collapsed when the Godfather started to attack those who support his enemies. The Tatsulez family had been secretly supporting the Archnemesis by supplying them with foods however, someone leaked the information of their involvement. It was none other than Renzo who was holding a grudge against the family.

As a man who dreamed big, Renzo secretly signed an agreement with the Capo of the Godfather under the guise of friendship. After learning that the Tatsulez family had been betrayed the Godfather, Renzo voluntarily agreed to kill all of the family members by himself. That time, he believed that if he killed the big boss and his capos, the Godfather would promote him from being a mere soldier to Don class, and he would be put in charge of the new family of the Tatsulez new organization, and so, he initiated his scheme.

Renzo hired his comrades like Intenzo who'll become his right-hand man to murder the Tatsulez current head. He carefully planned it very well, and he really made sure they won't screw up in this one time chance.

The boss of the Tatsulez family and his capos was successfully killed by direct assault. He and his men waited for them to get closer to a parking lot, and they killed them by their submachine guns. It was already dark and the cold breeze hit them hard, however, Renzo endured the temperature after he killed them with his men.

He was happy and excited. He had finally fulfilled his mission bestowed by the Godfather. However, his life turned upside down as he received a message that he would only get permission to build his own gang. His veins showed up from his head and he slammed the wall by his fists when he saw it.

The reality was full of shit when he realized it. He thought he could become a Don in no time however, the Godfather granted him the only rank of a ganglord who could only hold less than fifty men.

He wanted to take revenge against the Godfather, however, he was just a small-time ganglord who had no territory to be held. The most annoying thing he had to learn was, the new Don of the Tatsulez was the girl.

In this world, female Don dominated the whole mafia monarchy. They had the right to do whatever they wanted against their citizens such as turning them into slaves or sex slaves and demanded a conquest. Feminism had been the dominating factor in Eurasia. This was the reason that male Don had been considered a Taboo and a rare existence, with the exception of Godfather who should always be a male leader. However, there's a rumor that the Godfather was just a puppet by the female noble mafia crime families.

"Boss, are you alright?" Intenzo patted his shoulder. Renzo flinched, "Hey― what the fuck are you doing, huh? Keep your filthy hands off me."

"Forgive me, sir. You're spacing out for a minute," said Intenzo.

Renzo clenched his teeth and he replied, "There's nothing for you to concern about. Tell our men to spread out for the meantime. By the way, how many minutes should it take for us to get in there?" His henchman looked at his wristwatch and he replied, "It won't take too long, boss. We'll be there any minute now."

"Oh, crap. My legs are getting numb. Hey, make sure to hold that briefcase. You'll be a dead man if something happened with my money." Renzo commanded. With that kind of fearless behavior, Intenzo nodded, "Y-Y-Yes, sir. I will protect it with my own life."

"That's right. Your life is meaningless compare to my money who worth a million Luzers. That precious money of mine is equivalent to a big diamond." Renzo simpered abruptly.

Intenzo got saddened upon hearing it. He wanted to reply however his gaze turned at the outside of the headquarters of Captain Mattia.

"Hey, there's three people out there. Are that Captain Mattia and his crew?" asked Renzo. His henchman replied, "I have no idea. Should we proceed?" His boss chopped his head angrily, "Who do you think you are? You are nothing but the second hand of mine. You have no right to question me. You have nothing to ask nor nothing to say. You hear me?" With that kind of treatment, Intenzo nodded twice without saying a word. He rubbed his head when his boss turned his attention upfront.

Their feet stopped when they got closer one hundred meters away from the three people. Renzo ordered his five henchmen except Intenzo to spread out.

He approached the people upfront and his eyes caught a familiar face.

"Oh, there you are, Mattia. So, you want to greet me here tonight? I'm flatter." said Renzo, grinning.

"Hmmm," Captain started to point his eyes at the butler and the person behind him.

"What? Why are you so quiet?" asked Renzon. "By the way, I never heard about that man beside you. You didn't tell me that you hire a butler."

"Boss, get behind me!" Intenzo dashed in front of his boss, activated his barrier before a black laser hit them.

Renzo, puzzled, was unable to speak.

"Get the hell away from here, boss. He's a mage!" cried Intenzo as his hands started to tremble from the impact. His barrier had disappeared but luckily, it deflected the laser.

Renzo asked, "Hey, Mattia, you fuckin' imbecile! Is this what you want, huh? You want to clean your name so desperate by killing me. Me? The Great Renzo of Handdog gang? Answer me, goddamn moron!"

"Boss, its no use!" Intenzo activated his barrier before the butler shot them again with a powerful black laser.

"Men, kill them!" Renzo commanded. "Kill all of them!"

His men pulled out their rifles and they initiated a frontal long-range shootout. The bullets fell down on the floor, a lot of bullet holes popped out from the walls of the headquarters, and the location of the three men had engulfed by smoke.

The noise made the citizens went into hiding. Their kids had been dragged down under the bed and they started to pray for their safety. Some of them ran away from the place and called for help.

Renzo spread his arms and he started to burst into laugher.

"That's right. That's what the people who dare to kill me. That's the fate of someone who tries to defy the Great Renzo! Take that, piece of shit!"

His laugh echoed around the place.

After seeing the smoke had been entirely blocked their sight, he commanded his men to halt.

It took for a few seconds for the smoke to disappear. His eyebrows raised up as he saw Mattia standing still. His mouth covered with blood, his upper body full of holes from the bullets and his eyes had turn blank before he dropped like a log.

"See, you piece of shit. That's what you get!" Renzo mischievously laughed once again.

"Boss, don't take a step," asked Intenzo as he sensed something wrong. "The butler and the other one are not there."

"What?" Renzo blinked his eyes and he wandered it all over the place to find the two strangers.

Renzo heard the sound of a familiar instrument. The sound dominated the field.

"What the hell is that sound? W-wait, a piano? In the middle of the night, who's playing that thing?" he muttered aside as he searched for its location.

"Boss, up there!" Intenzo replied as he pointed his index at the top floor of the building.

Standing alone, a young man wore a tailored black suit with a black coat covered his shoulders, a top hat on his head and a vicious face gave off his superior class who was showing his high rank at them, and a submachine gun on his hand had been given off a vigorous presence. This type of person was what Renzo hated the most. As in, this young man was more paramount existence than him. Above all, he was standing there looking down at him.

The face and the music produced from the piano had increased his irritation.

The young man started to speak.

"Greetings, Renzo and his friends. It is an honor to meet you in person. It is a great pleasure to see you down there, looking like a fool with no idea what would happen to him next, and a fool who tried to steal everything from me will meet his end so miserable." He sighed. "Don't you know you bring me so many painful and irritating events in my life! However, I would like to congratulate you on killing the fatty old man by your guns." greeted by the young man. "You easily followed what I aimed in the first place. One of the objectives is successfully completed so grace. Allow me to show you my dance to thank your ignorance."

"What the fuck are you talking about? I helped you from what?" asked Renzo as he pulled out his pistol and he aimed it at the young man. Needless to his threatening gun, the young man grinned and he said, "You piece of garbage destroyed some important parts of my game. You ruined everything from the beginning. Not only that, you even dared to sell out that woman just because of money. How pathetic."

Renzo shot him but it missed.

"Why the music of the piano sounds so dark?" Intenzo muttered aside.

"You son of a bitch. How dare you? Men, shoot him! Intenzo used a tier 4 magic spell to destroy that imbecile."

"Every villain has its own unique music. The entrance of a villain must be unique. You keep roaming in my territory as if you already own it. Welcome to your hellish night, you dipshit! You'll pay for everything you've done for five years. Your gang supremacy ends here." Hermes mischievously laughed like a crazy scientist in the horror movie.

When the moonlight dominated the field, the face of the young man had revealed itself. He was none other than Hermes who had the face of a vicious man. He turned around and jumped down behind the wall to avoid the bullets.

In front of him, Justin who was currently playing the piano had been called by the young Don.

"Justin, stop it right now. Kill the henchmen and the mage except that man named Renzo. Don't live any sign of life in this place. Whack them all," he commanded which his servant pleased to follow.

The young butler absorbed the piano by his dark dimensional bag. He fixed his attire from head to toe before he dashed down to the surface.

"Kill that fucking bastard!" Renzo commanded. His henchmen changed their target from the location of the young Don to the head of the butler.

"[Al Quuma!]" Intenzo used a fire spell. However, the butler dodged it. He repeated his cast while covering his boss.

One by one, all of the bodyguards of their boss had been sliced into two and their blood lay scattered in the wall, ground and turned the color of the moon to blood.

On the top of the building, Hermes reloaded his gun and he randomly shot all of the men he could see from his scope albeit he didn't hit any single one of them.

"Boss, don't get too far. Stay behind me!" Intenzo requested.

"M-m-monster! He's a fuckin' monster. Do something, Intenzo!" Renzo started to panic as his pants had been wet by his pee.

Intenzo noticed it and he said, "Boss, you're peeing in your pants!"

"Shut it, do something!" Renzo commanded. His eyes turned blue when he saw the bloodlust coming from the terrifying gaze of the butler.

"Kyaaaa!" Renzo shrieked like a girl who was like saw a demon in the middle of the night.

"Boss, stop screaming. I'll protect you. Stop it!" Intenzo insisted but his boss had already lost his mind.

He repeatedly shouted, "I will die. I will die. Momma. Momma. Please, help me!"

Hermes who was still watching felt annoyed.

"What a weak-minded freak. Justin, kill him now." Hermes ordered which delightedly obeyed by his butler. "As you wish, my Don."

"I won't let you!" Intenzo used a spell once again. "[Sagre!]"

"Sagre? Shit," Justin dodged the upcoming spears coming so fast at his location. He mockingly approved, "You're good. How about you join our side rather than that man? My boss needs someone like you in our clan." Intenzo smiled while using a barrier to stop his punches, "Thank you for your offer but I will decline. I'm not going to abandon this man."

Justin dashed, jumped from high ground and landed a flying kick towards the enemy mage. He said, "How sad. I thought we can be friends."

"Cast time is now okay. [Sagre!]" Intenzo used it once again. The butler had successfully dodged the four spears but he got forcibly used his barrier to stop the last one. Intenzo grinned, "No matter what you do, you won't get closer to me. I'm a mage who is specialized in close and long-range combat. I can tell that you're just a man who can only use low tier magic."

"How low? Tier 5?" Justin simpered. With his reaction, Intenzo sighed, "You're nothing but a low-class mage. You can hide and dodge my attacks but you won't be able to win against me. Needless to say, you are nothing but a mage who can use less than that."

The butler's eyes opened wide and he started to burst into laugher. He covered his face with so much fun.

"Hey, why are you laughing, huh? Are you out of your fucking mind?" asked Intenzo who had been confused about his sudden reaction. Justin wiped out his tears and he replied, "Oh, my. Forgive me for my manner, it is not my intention by the way. But to think you're so confident in telling that .... it really gives me so much fun."

"What? [Sagre!]" he cast his spell and the butler used his palm to stop it. "What the? What did you do?" Intenzo, surprised, was unable to comprehend the reason. Justin replied with a terrifying gaze, "You disappoint me."

Intenzo's body suddenly got pushed towards the wall. His body hit it and thanks to his fortification spell, he survived the impact. The wall which got hit had left a large crack.

He coughed blood and he was unable to react from that quick assault.

He raised his right hand and he cast, "[Al Quuma!]" But it was easily deflected by the butler.

"H-H-How?" asked Intenzo as he slowly stood up from the ground. Justin grinned and he answered, "You are nothing but a low-grade lowly insect."

"I-I-Insect?" Intenzo suddenly found himself in the middle of the dark environment. "What the hell is going on around me? What kind of spell is this?" The butler grabbed his neck and he raised him up by holding his throat. He replied with a terrifying gaze, "This? This is my weakest spell above all. Your piece of shit won't even understand the logic behind it. You are nothing but an insect that needs to terminate immediately. Don't you know insulting my name is more like insulting the name of our beloved clan, huh? No, right? You wouldn't understand it because you are just a bug."

"St-s-ta-," Intenzo tried to resist however, the butler was too strong. His mind started to lost consciousness and he couldn't breathe.

"B-b-b-boss, run," his last word before his body separated from his head. "I will call our reinforcement now!" He released flare magic up to the sky and it shone the place.

"Haaaah!" Renzo who had witnessed the brutal death of his men screamed out loud. He quickly ran away from the place and abandoned the site.

"Oh, no you don't!" Hermes pulled the trigger and he hit his legs that made the boss fell in the ground.

"Aaaarggh!" Renzo dropped down on the ground, his face hit first before his whole body. Intenzo rushed towards his boss and he quickly used his healing magic.

The young Don felt amused when he saw his courageous act to heal his master.

"Bravo," he clapped in amusement, "Bravo, what a magnificent sight. How loyal you are, mister whatever your name is. I'm impressed."

Intenzo clenched his teeth and his vein showed up from his head, he replied, "You! How dare you hurt my boss? Just wait for you two, our members will be here any minute now. You'll meet your end this time."

"Justin, halt," Hermes commanded his servant and he quickly moved behind his master. "Well, you're the first person I've seen that is looking at me with that antagonistic sight, huh. Yes, fighting spirit is the best. But lest to be okay with that."

"What?" Intenzo asked. "How dare you!"

"Let me throw it back to you, you insolent bastard. How dare you? How dare you ruin the plot of my world?" Hermes pulled out his submachine gun, reload it and bullets came out towards the enemies.

He clicked his tongue when he saw them still survived his assault.

"Youu fuckin' moron, you are going to kill us both there." Intenzo removed his barrier and continued to his boss. "Just you wait, you bastards. Reinforcement will come any minute now."

Hermes and his butler burst into laugher.

"Why're you both laughing? Why are you laughing for?" fretted Intenzo as he watched the young Don still looked confident despite his warning. Hermes' face turned dark with a sight of a bloodlust monster, "No reinforcement will come. You better pray for your lives, you scum." His smile like a crescent moon in the night made Intenzo felt despair in the time of his life. It was the first time he met an evil kid of his age to make him frightened so much.

1