Chapter 1: Graduation
72 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Can't believe it has already been 4 years." My friend sighed.

"We should be happy to start our lives in independence!" Another friend rejoiced.

"I guess." He muttered.

It is the end of high school. We all have chosen different schools based on what we want to do in the future of our lives.

"You should cheer up, Lucas. We will get to do whatever we want in the future of our lives." I told him.

"Like banging some chicks." Amar added.

"Ignoring him, the thing is that, I will attend a different university than you guys." Lucas persisted.

That is true. Lucas has always wanted to go to The University of Villerast at Cancord whereas most of the graduating class is going to either The University of Villerast at Pylon or The University of Villerast at Rhyston. 

"And then, I have to make new friends." Lucas continued.

"Well, all of us have to make new friends, anyways." I argued.

"But still..." Lucas hangs on to the fact that most of us can easily stay in touch because of the proximity of the universities while his university is across the nation. 

"Hey, Farid. Which university are you going to?" Lucas asked.

Farid responded with, "North. I'm going to N.U.G." 

Lucas frowned. "What about you, Charles?"

Charles answered, "I'm going to T.I.G."

"T.I.G.? The Technical Institute of Gays?" Farid insulted.

"No. T.I.G. is the Technical Institute of Geotecture. You should know that because the G in N.U.G. is the same as the G in T.I.G." Charles retorted.

"Guys. Calm down. We should not be arguing about this."

Lucas tried to reconcile the two provoked friends. I do not know what happened between those two, but they used to be very friendly in the past as they were on the same academic team for a couple of years.

"Hey."

They won trophies after trophies on the same team and even winning the local competition for the school. For them to be fighting, is a rare sight, and I cannot fathom the current situation between the two former teammates. 

"Hey!"

I was also on an academic team. There were times when we fought, the times when we got depressed, and the times when we could take on the world.

"HEY!" The voice was practically screaming into my ears.

"Huh? What?" I broke away from my deep train of thought.

"What school are you going to, Izan?"

The person that just asked me the question was a girl named Anna.

"Well, I applied to many schools and I have decided to go to IB after all."

"No way! The Institute of the Best? I can't believe you got into that school." She beamed.

I don't like to brag all that much, but when it comes from a person that you know all of your life, it really pleases me.

"Where are you going, Anna?"

"Me? Well, I don't know for sure because my family does not have any funds for me." Anna responded depressed.

Anna's family has always been poor since her parents are illegal immigrants with low to minimum wages. Many other students bully her for her clothes and supplies. I helped her a lot since I've known her for a long time. 

"We are now starting the Graduation Process." The principal announced.

The nerves are out of my system. and I prepare for my speech. I spoke about how I was raised, where my family was from, and how far I have come. I spoke in my native language and the global language. As I finish my speech, the audience stood up and clapped for me. I wiped away the tears and sat back down. The rest of the Graduation Process was a breeze for me. As the graduating class exits the building, many friends and families could be spotted in the parking lot. My little spotted me and dragged me to where my family was. They started to take pictures and congratulating me on my first step of higher education. That day, June the third, was the last day I saw my high school friends.

 

Or so I thought.

1