The coronation
102 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gaia, one of the many worlds in the galaxy, is a massive continent with sea surrounding it. It is a sword and magic world where the strong rule and the weak obey. There are also more races here other than humans. There are demi-humans, elves, orcs, demons and devils. The continent is vast spanning for thousands of square kilometers and is divided in four kingdoms. They are the kingdom of Lawrence that is occupied by humans, the kingdom of Fyto that is occupied by elves, the kingdom of Thanatica where demons, devils and orcs live and last but not least the Beartica which house all the demi-humans.

In the kingdom of Beartica resides a prince, who is our mc, and today is his coronation day, since his father King Rabbot died during a hunt in the nearby forest. Arthur, the prince’s name, is a rabbit beastman just like his father with one major difference between him and the rest of the population. He is smart, unlike everybody else residing in the kingdom who are all muscle heads, he uses his brain and wits to reach his goals. He never liked to get his hands full of blood after a close combat fight, that is why he became a magician, a space magician to be more precise. He is 20 years old right now and his plans are greater than any other of his peers. He plans to unify the continent under his command.

Walking slowly while dressed in an exquisite suit, Arthur reached the doors to the Great Hall where his coronation will take place. The room in already packed with nobles wishing to be part of this ceremony and show a good impression to their new king, so that their status will rise. Among them there are the four Great Noble Families consisting of: The Eagle family where all its members are eagle beastmen, the Wolf family made of wolf beastmen, the Tiger family and the Lion family. They are the families that supported the kingdom since it was nothing but a city, so they are the most powerful families after the royal family.

The coronation ended quicker than other times, since Arthur is not a man that likes such ceremonies and then came the time for the banquet to celebrate the event. During the banquet many nobles tried to get on Arthurs good side but he ignored all of them, knowing that he has to be impartial in order to achieve his goals, and friendship would get in his way.

Next day Arthur called all the counsellors to come to the study hall where the king talks with them about political and economical issues. After they arrived Arthur heard their reports and he grimaced. A recent increase in population had led to a shortage in food supplies and all statistics showed that next winter would be a hard one. Arthur was not afraid though, because during his studies to become a magician he also learned about agriculture and other ways that could boost his kingdom’s economy, most of which were invented by him. He showed to his counsellor his ideas about the new tools that could be used in order for the harvest to be collected easier and faster and also let him in a way to increase their food production, that is dividing the fields in three where a new plant will be planted each season in a cycle in order for the different nutrients to have time to grow again. His counsellor was astonished and felt stupid about not thinking this solution.

Next was the Army Commander that told him the army was protesting that there was not war during the last years. Freaking muscle heads Arthur thought but their eagerness would help with his plans. He told the commander that he will have that in his mind and ordered him to train the soldiers even more, because a war is going to happen in the future. He also showed the commander some weapons that should be crafted, like catapults and cannons. Now the world had not seen cannons before and Arthur was the first to think of building such a weapon after much deliberation. He wanted a weapon with high firing power that 100 magicians would be needed to much and that did not need even one to make it work. So he came up with cannons. With this weapon he was sure that he would have no competition against his future enemies in his quest for glory and land.

In this way the meeting ended and King Arthur went to his study room where he thought about his future plans. He would wage war against Thanatica with the help of the human kingdom, since he had talks with their prince during his magic studies. Thanatica is going to be the easiest one to conquer since nobody really cares about demons and devils, so it had to be his first stop in his journey to unification.

1