Ch 36 – Oh, Crap!
4.4k 9 198
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! What the hell is wrong with this girl!' The bandit tried to move with all his might but his limbs were frozen solid.

"Please! I can't tell you! Please!" As Necro's finger with the lit fireball came closer, he could slowly feel the heat intensifying. It started burning. Her finger slowly and steadily came closer to his face as he tried thrashing unable to move. As the pain intensified he realized she was not stopping. 

'I'm gonna die! She's gonna kill me!' 

"I'll tell you! Please stop! It was... GHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!"

After the sorrowful realization that they had lost those two, they searched for the others. After a couple seconds, they managed to locate the two other bandits on this side of the forest. After retrieving their proof, they moved on to remove that of the many bandits laid all over the road. 

 

"What's she doing now..." Mary stared at Necro in the distance. She was standing in front of the bandit, almost like a statue, while some sporadic screams would come from him. 

 

"Extraction" Ace lightly threw an answer at her while ripping a bandit's finger with a small knife.

 

"I know but..."

 

"If you really wanna know you could go there and see you know?" Bid said, passing behind Mary in his way to another bandit. 

 

"GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" A scream resounded in the distance.

 

"Yeah... I think I'll pass..."

 

"Nice call." Bid was not that surprised but... 

 

"Aw man... Why are nobles always this... inhumane? Like..." Hal showed up between Mary and Bid. The three inadvertently stared at Ace a couple meters ahead slicing off another bandit's finger. There was little to no blood on her blade and she held the to-be-severed finger with an air of disgust.

 

"Why are you looking at me?!" She looked up, only to see all three staring at her. 

 

"N-Nothing!" Mary reacted like a small scared bunny, averting her gaze immediately. Ace went straight back to slicing proofs off of the corpses. 

 

"Who knows... Probably the raising... They've probably attended executions since they were small children..." Bid said, thinking.

 

"I'd guess so... Or they just don't see people as people..." Hal said while crouching and slicing off another finger. 

 

"Anyhow... Don't overthink it too much, Mary. What matters is they are our companions. Better be on their side than on the opposite right?" Bid tried reassuring Mary.

 

"I guess so..." Mary was not that assured but she tried to calm herself down a little more. 

 

"Well... It could also be that these two just so happen to be more tacless..." Hal spoke, after finishing taking all he could find around here.

 

"That's... Quite possibly the case" Bid did not want to agree... but after looking at Ace again... 

'Yeah, right? There's no way to deny these two are not exactly normal.'

 

All and all, there was little merit to the bandits' apparel... While some wore leather armor, it was old and ragged, so not much could be salvaged when selling. Actually... It was pretty much worthless. A couple of them had some coins, but most were rather plain. Their weapons were crude and low quality daggers, which could still fetch for a significant amount of money. 

 

Bid vanished into the forest across the road, only to come back almost empty-handed. 

 

"There were two more over here. Hal, Take this." He threw a piece of cloth to Hal, who collected the fingers from Ace, who had returned from her collecting trip. After packing the finger in the cloth, which seemed to be a ripped part of a shirt, They sat down and counted the stuff they found.

 

"So... We got 14 proofs, 10 shitty daggers and a handful of cast short-swords."

 

"This was a very unsuccessful bandit group wasn't it..." Mary asked, still completely clueless.

 

"Did you not hear Necro?" Ace asked, confused.

 

"Bout him not giving up and all? Yeah, why?"

 

"And you didn't realize it?"

 

"Huh?" Mary tilted her head, still wearing her full-helmet. It was a strange image to see someone in heavy-armor behave so naturally.

 

"What she's saying is... Necro said they were not bandits." Hal got into the conversation before Ace got annoyed at Mary's halfhearted ways... This had happened quite a few times already.

 

"Ah... That would make a lot of sense... I've never seen bandits with this little money on them. It's almost like they didn't rob people..."

 

"Isn't that the whole point..." Ace mumbled something that only Bid heard. 

 

"Pffft!" Laughing while Hal and Mary stared at him not understanding a thing. "It's nothing... Anyhow, we still got some coins though." He changed the topic back. 

 

"Yeah, but..." Hal stared at the small pile of coins... There were a couple large copper and small silver coins here and there but... for the most part... it was small copper. "There's only bout 246 kit here... That's not even enough for a week's worth of food."

 

"A week!? I drink that in a single night!" Mary made a point as to how little money it was. "There's no way this group only had this money, unless they were starving."

 

"Or they just came back from buying it. There's still-"

 

"Ah! There's still the leader and the ones on the front right?" Mary interrupted Bid, making him a little annoyed.

 

"As I was saying. There's still those, and Necro should get us their hideout too..."

 

"Let's go there then." Ace stood up, going ahead of them towards Necro. 

 

"Oi! Wait!" Mary jumped up and went after her. 

 

After quickly grabbing everything on the floor. Hal and Bid ran behind them, reaching them before they made their way to Necro.

 

"Necro, is everything okay?"

 

"Kya!" 

*thud*

 

Necro jumped back a little and turned around to see the four approaching as soon as she heard Ace's call from not too far. She was so concentrated she hadn't noticed them approaching at all. As soon after she turned around though, the bandit rolled his eyes and fell back dead on the ground with a muffled thud. 

 

'Shit...' She thought, realizing he'd died from her pulling her finger out of his brain.

198