Chapter 1 – Alica Von Branstein
663 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi readers. This is a story that I thought up on a whim, don't expect regular updates. I just wanted to write something that has yuri in it. Thank you~


How do I start?

I was not from this world. I was from a world called 'Earth', someone who was just completely ordinary. 

This is how far my memory goes since. After that, I took on the role of a character that wasn't suppose to be in this world. It was given to me as a gift from the goddess herself. Her words were...

[A special gift for you.]

She told me that it was a world that she created and to pay me back, I ended up reincarnating as one of its inhabitants. Before I could ask her for any details, my 'vision' turned dark. I woke up to find myself with a loving mother who lost her husband. We were on the run from something and escaped from place to place. 

I thought we could finally live a normal life after throwing our pursuers off our trail.

But after that...

My whole life was a slew of misfortunes. 

Mother still suffered her whole life until the time she passed away and I was adopted into the Branstein family soon after being rescued by them. That was when my nightmares began. I was unable to receive the blessing of the goddess, unable to use any form of magic. 

If a person knew magic, their standing in society will improve. They could find jobs and while people like me who could not will be forsaken. 

As a failure who could not cast magic, I was shunned by the family quickly. It was deemed as punishment by god. Growing up and surviving seemed to be miracle. Whatever talents I had was left spent on honing my combat and survival skills. Even so, I was easily bullied because the progress I had was too little to catch up to anyone. It feltlike there was a force holding me back constantly. 

So I ended up working by myself as an adventurer. At times I cursed myself for being useless. Even the simplest subjugation could end up in life or death. That was how weak I was. 

It took me a long time but I did manage to succeed and became one of the top ranking adventurers. I cried alone in my room. I was happy to finally achieve something for once.

But it all came crashing down when I was suddenly framed as a traitor and declared to be killed on sight. I was naïve. What I thought as a small issue was instead me poking into a hornet's nest. The corruption in the capital ran too deep.

In the end I was regarded as a traitor and was executed in battle by my 2nd sister. I was a criminal that was regarded as a threat to society. 

Now...I was back here again. In this familiar house that I once called home. This time, I found the Branstein family instead. 

It was a few days after I buried mother yet again. It was by chance that I met up with the lord of the family. I never had the chance to see the lord himself in person, only in paintings. 

And so like before, he provided me with a place to live and to learn. 

[Your highness?]

[Yes Miriam, you may enter.]

I waited for my personal maid Miriam to tend to me. Although I always refused but she always insisted that she do so. Even in this life, she was still the same Miriam I knew. The only thing that has changed was me. 

[Alicia-sama, what do you think?] 

[It looks good. Thank you, Miriam.] 

Like before, I inherited my mother's looks. I was around 9 or 10 years of age.

We were constantly targeted because of our unique appearance. With our white flowing hair and blue eyes, it was hard for us to stay in a area for long. It was said that people with such features were signs of nobility long ago that has its bloodline diluted. 

In this timeline, I made sure to prevent those scums from even making contact with us. All those disgusting people with ulterior motives all died by my hand. That was all I could do to protect mother until her passing. 

Anyway.

I began each day by taking various different lessons, such as dancing, singing, painting, sewing and so on. I joined in the other sisters after a week, just like the previous time. 

[Your highness, a step backwards more please.]

[Like this?]

[Yes, wonderful.] 

The dancer instructor smiled and nodded. As practice went on, I opened up this thing called the 'talent table'. 

Each person can only open their own talent table. I can only assume how other people knew their party's talents was due to the adventurer system. 

[Nobility EX][Dancing EX][Etiquette EX][Eloquence EX][Elegance EX][Sensibility EX][Charm EX][Negotiation EX][Mental Fortitude EX][Perception EX] 

[Sword Arts EX][Spear B][Archery Arts A][Parry EX][Close Combat EX][Physical Arts EX][Magic Sword D][Agility EX] 

[Magic C][Fire Arts C][Wind Arts C][Water Arts C][Earth Arts C][Holy Arts C][Darkness Arts C][Physical Enhancement EX][Healing Arts E]

[Support Arts C][Cooking B][Alchemy D][Herbalist B][Crafting D] 

Combat skills were somehow EX ranked. I still have no idea how it became like that. A normal person will only have A or sometimes S rank skills in their lifetime. ...Did I miss something somewhere? 

Then there were other skills that I have picked up along the way up to this point. Some were because of me messing around, while others were necessary for survival.

Then, the music playing slowly came to a stop. I was too distracted by the talent table, opps. 

[With that, we are done your highnesses.]

As we began to depart to wash up, I was stopped by a voice. 

[Hey, you!]

Ah, that voice. That could only belong to my dear sister, Elliana. 

The sixth in the family, Elliana von Branstein was the one bullying me most of the time due to the way I looked. 

But in this timeline, she could barely do anything. All her attempts so far had failed or getting her reprimanded. 

In any case, I still have to act my role out as the bullied. As expected, I was shoved from behind. I broke the fall rather easily. 

As I turn to face her, Elliana had her hands clenched hard, as if she was going to explode and yell at me.

What did you expect, my dear sister? I could only smile back at her, otherwise I risk having her haunting me if I dared to bicker with her. 

[Elliana! What are you doing?!]

[Hmph!]

My 2nd sister, Cecilia. The model lady that everyone strived to be. She stepped in between the two of us, crossing her arms. It was a strange feeling for her to stand up for me.

I got up and dusted myself off.

[Thank you, Cecilia onee-sama.] 

Cecilia came over and started to see if I had any injuries. Cecilia von Branstein...

There was this warm feeling that began to well up. 

[Um, I'm ok, Cecilia onee-sama. I broke my fall.]

[Even so. I failed as the big sister. At least let me take a look, okay? Elliana!]

[Y-yes, onee-sama.] 

Elliana was scared, her body was almost shaking from fear. She hurried over and put on her best behaviour. 

[Apologize.]

[I...I'm sorry.]

[Do it properly, you are a lady, not a uneducated bum.]

[I'm sorry Alicia onee...sama.]

[Alicia, I'll talk with her properly.]

[It's alright, I can figure why Elliana is so...repulsed by me. Thank you for the concern.]

Offering a curtsy, I exited the dancing room before they could say anything. After all, there were still lessons to attend to. 


With most of the morning gone, it was time to prepare for the lessons in the afternoon. It all went well. Elliana was well-behaved throughout surprisingly and looked like she had cried.

For today, Miriam informed me that I was made to join in the sparring sessions for some reason, instead of just spectating from the sidelines. Miriam clapped happily as she told me.

[I-It might not be my place to say this but I think they recognize your capabilities, your highness!]

[Hm, I suppose so. Can you help me with the sparring attire, Miriam?]

[Right away!]

Dressed splendidly in sparring gear, Miriam nodded with glee as I let her play with my hairstyle, finally deciding to make do with a ponytail. As she admired her handiwork in the mirror, our eyes met. Ah. She just blushed, how cute. I chuckled which made her even more flustered. 

I have try to not tease her that much. 

[Thank you, Miriam. Please prepare the hot water as usual.]

[Y-yes! Take care, your highness.]

[I will.]

I watched her scoot off to get things ready. Miriam was a victim of my bullying in my previous life. Even so, she stuck along with me until she died one day from 'injuries'. Those scums that has no regards for the lives of other people.

My blood boiled, I almost lost control of my emotions. Taking in a deep breath, I steeled myself and headed for the sparring room.

That was a story that I have to tell on another day. 

Entering the spacious hall, before I could even take 2 steps in, Elliana was already waiting for me. 

[You! Spar with me!]

Sigh. I could see Cecilia rubbing her temple as she watched Elliana making a fool of herself. 

We took our spots opposite each other in the room, letting the others gather. For some reason, every sibling in the family was here today. Usually there was just a few of us only.

From the viewing gallery, there was 1st brother Johann, 2nd sister Cecilia and 3rd brother Richard.

Seated behind them was 5th sister Amelia and 7th and 8th twins Landon and Lilia.

Naturally I was the 4th sister. Oh, this was all decided based on our age.  

It was a nostalgic feeling facing Elliana like this. All I could remember was being poked by the training rapier harshly by Elliana. I wondered how I survived at all now actually...

Let's make a good impression now, shall we?

[Alicia von Branstein.]

[Elliana von Branstein!]

[Begin!]

The sparring began as 1st brother Johann commence the match. 

[Haaaaa!] 

[...]

I sidestepped as Elliana charged in with a thrust. This particular move caused me to stop the use of my right shoulder for awhile. I waited for her to react as I pulled some distance between us. The others were surprised, especially Richard. 

[You..!]

We exchanged blows, with me avoiding her attacks mostly. I would throw in a feint occasionally to throw off her rhythm. I could tell she was losing her cool. Her attacks began to feel more desperate and her footwork became sloppy. If this was a live match, she would be dead many times from where I stood. She was holding back tears...

Looking at the time, I decided to end it. Allowing myself to slip up, Elliana rushed in and disarmed me. With my weapon gone, the match ended. 

[Stop!]

Richard suddenly got up and took his rapier with him. He whispered to Elliana and she quickly left the stage. 

[Alicia, may I request a match with you?]

[...If Richard onii-sama wants.]

Elliana took over Richard's spot. She was pouting in my direction, how cute. If she did not speak, I think I could easily get along with her...minus the bullying nonsense. 

Now, for Richard. To put it bluntly, he was the smart one in the family. With his intellect, he was able to raise in rank quickly in the capital, working as an strategist for the King. A noble lady's dream in a whole package. He was also a well-rounded person, able to utilise magic and the blade easily in the midst of a battle. 

Well, that was all in the future. All I saw now was just a brat with glasses, still yet to mature.  

Being Elliana's coach, I could imagine Richard's curiosity bursting out after I repelled one of his techniques. 'For the sake of learning', was one of the famous quotes that he would leave in the academy. I did the same as I did for Elliana's match, dodge and counter without revealing much.

[Your skills isn't that bad at all, Alicia.]

[I'm honoured.] 

Unlike Elliana's rash nature, this 3rd brother of mine is more complicated to deal with. Whenever he tried to attack, I immediately reacted accordingly to counter his blows. Into the last minute of the sparring session, he still could not land a hit. Still, he kept his cool.   

Was it because of that curiosity? 

Deciding to end this, I took my chance and launch my first attack. Richard instinctively reacted by casting Wall, a basic defensive spell. The result was the blade snapping from the handle and lodged itself into the sparring arena. With no weapon to spar with, I conceded the match. It was a good workout, all things considered.

[Your highnesses, dinner will be served shortly.]

With that, a bell chimed from afar, signalling the end of the day.

[Thank you Richard onii-sama.]

[Yes...thank you for the match, Alicia.]

I quickly left the room to freshen up and passed the remains of the rapier to a maid. It was finally time to relax.


[Richard, are you alright?] 

Johann and Cecilia remained with Richard in the sparring arena, letting Amelia handle the rest of their siblings. All Richard did was stare at the rapier that Alicia was using in his hand. 

[Johann, he has that crazed look again...] 

[If we don't snap him out of it, I think even a meteor landed on us, he probably wont even notice!] 

The two oldest sighed and waited for their brother to return to reality. At last, Richard began to shake his head. 

[It's impossible.]

[Impossible?] 

[I thought the rapier broke because of Wall. But now thinking about it, I have only heard about father doing something like this whenever he was training with his men. ] 

Richard passed over the remains to Johann to see. 

[She broke the magic coating along with the blade, that's the only conclusion that I can come to.] 

[The blade's enchantment...] 

Richard passed the handle for Cecilia to see for herself and ran his hand through his hair, deep in thought. 

[With our equipment protected by magic, it should be impossible to even break it. This was enchanted by the sage himself after all.. ] 

[It seems that our 4th sister is hiding quite a bit from us, isn't she?]

[I look forward to what other talents she is hiding, hahaha!] 

Richard laughed while the other two sighed in reply. 

 

18