Chapter 4 – Preparing for the academy
434 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[[What?!]

The two man looked at me incredulously. I could only smile at my adopted father. 

[What an absurd idea! The mere idea of changing the goddess's decision is simply...]

[Alicia, do you know what are you saying?]

[Of course, father. I have an idea to prove myself.]

I opened my palm and the little spirit from before appeared. It jumped around for a moment before floating up to my eye level.

[This little fellow has the potential to grow. I believe that if it wasn't for that unfortunate incident, this little fellow won't be in this terrible state.]

As if agreeing with my opinion, the spirit floated up and down vigorously. When one is blessed by the spirits, there is a chance that you could summon familiars that was related to their elements capabilities. It was said that there was a chance that the spirit could slowly evolve and take the form of a fairy, a direct messenger to the goddess herself.

Of course, that was all conjecture. The only ones that could do it all had tremendous magic power like the sage in the service of the royal family and a few members in the mages guild. But that was a story for another time. I do not even know if this little fellow can even grow up to be a familiar.

All I can do now is convince at least my father and I can think of something else next along the way.

[Well, why not put that to the test?]

[Felicia?]

Fernando swallowed and turned to his lovely wife, Felicia von Branstein. A woman of many mysteries. I never interacted with her much too in my previous life, so all I knew was she was a very talented magician. It was said that her talents has helped the kingdom to flourish and has prevented many disasters. In short, she was a force to be reckon with. Fernando was the brawn and she was the brain. It was said that they were unbeatable together.

Felicia slowly made her way through the stadium grounds, blowing away the surrounding debris as she approached. Before Fernando could say anything, she created a fist made of earth came bursting out from the ground and smashed itself into Fernando's stomach, forcing him to kneel and groan in pain. I feel sorry for you, dear father.

[Dear god, you even created a hole on the ceiling. Fernando, I am happy you remembered about our children but do try to remember that we are in presence of the holy goddess.]

[O-Of course. There won't be a second time!]

Felicia smiled and turned her attention to the bishop.

[Bernard, today's incident is truly a unfortunate situation for everyone involve. However, I do believe my husband's instinct. It's too early to decide that my daughter here is a Scorned. Everyone that was here are witnesses to that. There was a dark power at work here and the signs of a demonic summon was proof of that.]


The bishop was speechless. Today's incident will be investigated by the highest power possible, even going into the possibility that the bishop had a hand in the whole affair. This could be the worst possible result for the bishop. I have doubts that the matter will go that smoothly but we will see.

Father sent Johann and rest back home first, leaving the 5 of us here together. He carried Lilia and Elliana each on his shoulders and ran ahead. The sisters cried out in joy as they quickly disappeared into the city while leaving me with the head of the house here. Felicia took my hand and we started following behind the big bear man slowly.

[Come Alicia, it's the first time we have met face to face, haven't we?]

[Yes, okaa-sama.]

Her hands felt soft as if her youth never ever went a day older than eighteen. Have I mentioned that magic was a very convenient ability?

[I have wondered if my children will be able to get along with their new sister but it seems that my worries were unfounded. I could tell how Elliana and Lilia adores you. They were worried sick and kept asking about you, you know.] 

I could only shake my head at that. It was kind of embarrassing for me when she says it like that. 

[Really now, even though me and my darling took awhile to return home. I can't believe Elliana and Lilia did not want to hug me. Am I losing my motherly charms?] 

[Um, I think you are still quite motherly, okaa-sama.]

[Thank you, Alicia.]

We continue to walk until we saw the bear man and the two sisters stopping at a food stall. The aroma of street food reminded me of my hungry stomach. 

[Fernando-sama! It's been awhile! Are you finally back from your tour?]

[Yes, I was just in time for the ceremony for my girls!]

[That's wonderful! Congratulations! And-] 

The moment the shopkeeper saw me, his face went slightly pale. I was sure if Fernando was not there, his face will go even whiter. I could not blame him. After all, the church's power and influence in the land was immense. Even if there was someone powerful like the king that dares to oppose the opinions of the bishop, there will be still supporters standing by the decision the bishop makes. His declaration of me being a Scorned was shown all across the capital. 

No one was going to believe that this little spirit was going to absolve me of everything but it was worth a try. If I give up now, everything I have done so far was for naught. 

[Alicia...]

[It's alright, okaa-sama. I'm used to it.]

She smiled at my answer. 


We eventually arrived back at the mansion. Johann and the rest was already inside. Apparently they planned for a celebration for us and their parents when we returned but looking at issues at hand, no one had the mood to do so. The only thing that was left was the decorations for the party. 

The maids greeted us as we entered the main hall. I could tell the atmosphere was uneasy, but Miriam was still her same old self. She was worried about me the whole way. I had to put my finger to her lips before she started calm down and noticed the stares of everyone. Ah, the head maid looked furious.

She was immediately pulled away by force into a room nearby.

With that ended, Felicia decided that we should rest up for the day. Elliana and Lilia wanted to talk to me but their mother insisted. The girls eventually listened to their mother but sent me off with a hug. Felicia surprised me by giving me a peck of the forehead and left with her husband who waved at me as they went up to the study. 

As the servants departed, Miriam soon returned after her scolding, a small lump was visible on her head.

[Uuuuu...I didn't mean to cause a scene.]

[There there. Thank you Miriam.]

[Eh?! There's no need to thank me, your highness!]

I only smiled back at her and headed for my room. There was a lot of problems I need to take note now, such as the Academy. After that little incident in the cathedral, I doubt the academy is going to be thrill to have me enrolled. I wonder if the academy would possibly deny my enrolment? 

The last time I barely got in the academy was because of the power of the Branstein name but that was without the demon summoning and Fernando's involvement. This time, I wonder how much trouble was this going to cause. 

[Your highness! Please wait for meeee!]

[Oh dear, I'm sorry Miriam.]

I slowed down to let her catch up to me and we walked back together. The same as usual, Miriam made the bath and quickly left after tidying up my room. She did not waste any time and made sure that my room was locked when she left. I chuckled as I heard her footsteps hurrying away. I could hear her fall onto the floor and quickly running off. 

I laze around as I checked my talent table. 

[Mark of the Cerberus] 

Something in my head tells me that I bullied the poor demon dog to the point that I was given this talent. What can it even do? Tame the dog?

Maybe. 

I was lucky that the Cerberus this time was barely able to move around. Otherwise, I doubt my knife could do enough damage to it. One of its strong points was the speed of the heads. Even a team of adventurers have a hard time trying to defend against the wrath of the three heads once the dog goes berserk.

After that wonderful bath, I plopped myself onto my bed and began to doze off into the night. I let the little spirit off to let it play by itself.


I woke up early the next day just before dawn broke. Since there was no plans for the next few days before the letters come in, I went for some morning exercises. I stripped and changed into my exercise attire. When I was done getting changed, I looked for the spirit.

The little spirit was floating about the window and it looked much better compared to yesterday when I examined the little thing. Maybe the moonlight helped to make it grow? Is it a plant? As if answering my question, the spirit started floating about jovially. At least, that was how I saw it.

I got to the garden and looked around. It was a rather big area and it could take hours if I just ran in some random direction. I decided to just run around the perimeter of the outer garden until I got hungry. Surprisingly, the little spirit kept up with me the whole way. I watched it dodge all the leaves in front of me.

When the spirit was finally done fooling around, it returned to my side. I began to slowly walk around to look at the flowers, to also cool myself off before heading back inside. 

[Alicia?] 

Cecilia appeared with a sleepy Amelia, who shyly waved at me as she tried to cover up her yawning. Cecilia was sporting the academy fitness attire while Amelia was wearing her hand-me-downs. Cecilia and Amelia had their hair tied up in a similar fashion also. 

[Good morning, Cecilia onee-sama.] 

[Good morning, you woke up even earlier than us. Do you want to join us for a short run? I'm helping Amelia to get into shape but I see you are already done with your morning run.]

I watched Amelia dozing off as she walked, which she almost trip and fell before Cecilia caught her. I can see her point. It might help her to get accustomed to the mornings.  

I watched them warm up, with Amelia barely able to finish the actions that Cecilia had shown her. Our future healer is starting to shape up? Perhaps.

Cecilia started to warm up. She leaned into and hugged my arm like her pillow. 

[Amelia, I'm still sweaty.]

[Hnn, you smell nice Alicia onee-chan...]

Me and Cecilia almost wanted to laugh but we stopped when Amelia tensed up and looked at us. 

[Um...ehhh..I'm sorry.] 

[It's okay. Don't worry about it.] 

I assure the poor girl and ruffled her hair before she started to cry. She nodded but still kept holding onto my arm. 

Cecilia approached us and started sniffing me. 

[Hm, I can see why Amelia would like your scent.] 

[Not you too, Cecilia onee-sama.] 

She says that with a grin plastered on her face. What can I even say to that?! 

I joined them for a short run. This was to help Amelia out so I also joined in to help encourage her. 

Amelia was gasping for air after the run but it was a good start for her still. 

[Cecilia onee-sama, I can't move anymore...] 

[Alright then, come here then. I'll carry you back. Alicia, let's meet up for breakfast later. Mother wants us to go out later for some shopping.]

With a smile, Cecilia ran back to the mansion with Amelia on her back. 

[Well then, shall we head back also?]

I asked the little spirit and it replied me by buzzing around with gusto. The same as usual, I took my morning bath and gotten dressed in a light fitting attire that I usually wore for the outdoors. After breakfast, I met up with Cecilia at the main hall of the mansion. She wore her academy uniform today, a rather nostalgic look for me.

The master of the house, Felicia, was handling the rest of the sisters. 

[So, is Okaa-sama taking the rest of our sisters out?]

[Yes, she wanted to take them out to shop for their school essentials. Since I was the only one free, I'll take you to the place where I get my uniform done.]

Cecilia smiled and offered a curtsy as she showed the uniform to me. Elliana and Lilia waved sadly at me as their mother carried them out and left without us. I could only wave back and wished them luck. Johann and Richard joined us shortly as they appeared from the top of the stairs, also in their academy uniform. 

[Good morning, ladies. Today we will be your escort for your shopping trip.]

The two brothers showed off with a thumbs up from Johann and a push of his glasses from Richard. Cecilia rolled her eyes briefly before she acknowledge the two brothers.

[Right, I hope Johann onii-sama won't cause a crowd outside the tailor's place again.]

[Fear not, with these magical glasses, I am sure this time my disguise is perfect!] 

[Eh...]

We walked over to the tailor's place which was located in the main district. Since we were out, I might as well explain briefly...

So from the gates of the city, we will enter the main district which holds most of the trading posts and guilds that serves the day to day needs of its people. From inns to food places, from blacksmithing to magic crafting, everything that one needed is all located inside the main district. The more active areas were the adventurer's guild and merchant's guild, the lifeline of the capital.

Within the main district, there were several other districts that was used for housing and other purposes. The normal housing for residents was located in the east while the slums was located in the west. The middle was of course the business district, which was where our group was headed to.

After that, the other parts of the capital consist of the nobles district and the castle. The nobles district was where the nobles lived, of course. There were high-class shopping areas for the nobles also but I could not tell what they were. Mostly what I saw was the more high-end products that only nobles could afford.

Last and not least, Cresenberg castle. Before it was given the name of Cresenberg, the castle was originally part of a few strongholds that was used in the holy war a very long time ago. With time, only Cresenberg remains in use since the location it was located was suitable for humans to live in. The other strongholds has either been stripped away by the elements or reduce to a monster's lair. 

It was before midday when we left the family mansion, so the first agenda of the day was the academy uniform. After that was the items and books we needed to purchase for the academy. 

With his 'magical glasses' , Johann was somehow fooling the students that were out on their holidays. But with Cecilia and Richard with him, it really defeats the point of him trying to be unnoticed. 

Soon we were followed by their fan club. Cecilia and Richard could only stare at their brother with annoyance as he gave up on the glasses. 

[There goes our peaceful morning, Johann onii-sama.]

[That's odd. I thought the glasses will work.] 

[It would work if you were alone...] 

[Well then, me and Johann onii-sama will go to the capital fountain in the square. Cecilia onee-sama will bring Alicia to the tailor while we take care of them.] 

With Richard's suggestion, the crowd of students became much smaller, only leaving the fans of Cecilia. 

We quickly reached the tailor shop and entered. The shop was empty but there was someone at the door already expecting us. 

[Good morning, how may I help you?] 

A middle age lady greeted us in a soft voice as the noise from outside quickly subdued. I let Cecilia take charge as I started looking around. 

[Good morning Miss Kayton. I would like to get a custom order uniform for my sister.] 

[Ah, yes. Do you want to include the lingerie package? With her well-endowed figure at her age, I believe the normal kind of brassiere would not be enough.]

[Doesn't that mean she has to come back repeatedly?]

[Yes, but rest assured, our assistant will be delighted to help design the lingerie for your sister.]

[Oh, Miss Kayton, you have a assistant now? That's rare to hear.]

[Why yes, my new assistant is a delight to be around with. She has a knack in designing her own lingerie so I'm having her handling some of my customers that required some custom-made wear. So far they are all loving it what she haa produced.]

[How about sleepwear? I want a matching pair...]

I stare at Cecilia happily talking away about matching pyjamas and lingerie with the shop keeper. 

It was true that for my age currently, my chest was not the type that I can find a size that can fit me well. 

Believe me or not, I was not this busty when in my previous timeline. This time I made sure to hunt for the nutrients I needed early, so that could be a reason why. Mother was surprised that I always managed to find something delicious for us to eat. 

Sad memories aside, I guess it all worked out in the end. 

I reached the section where all their undergarments and lingerie was displayed. There was different designs all around me. For some reason there were even risqué types that were hidden away in a corner. 

As I walked around, a student came over with a tape in her hand. 

[Um, good morning Alicia-sama! I'm here to take your measurements!] 

Ah, another Miriam type... Jokes aside, she had the same type of nervous energy that Miriam had. 

[Please follow me into the back!] 

Following her into the back into a larger room, Cecilia was waiting for me. She was already trying out some of the fancier lingerie that she was interested in. 

[Millie, these are rather comfortable! What kind of materials did you spend to get such a pleasant feel?] 

[Ah! Yes! Alicia-sama, please strip down to your undergarments and I'll be wirh you in a minute!] 

The tailor assistant Millie ran over over to Cecilia and started rambling nervously. 

The larger room has several mirrors all around with a table next to each. I guess it was how the shop keeper handled the larger volume of custom orders. 

I took the mirror next to Cecilia and started to strip. The two immediately came over and stare. 

[Awawa...] 

[I'm always jealous of your skin, Alicia.]

[Onee-sama, shut up please..] 

[It's not my fault. We all know why Lilia loves to cling on to you.] 

She was not wrong.. I could only sighed and covered my chest. 

Cecilia chuckled and gently nudged Millie. The girl immediately got to work.

As we waited, Millie was rapidly writing onto her notes and drawing out some designs. Cecilia took a peek and nodded along with her. 

I wondered what were they doing... I could only stand there and wait for Millie to finish. From time to time, Cecilia went out and brought in some causal clothing for me to try on. 

By noon, we were finally done with our business here. I was glad to be back outside. It was a tiring affair to be on the receiving end of being a dress up doll. 

Cecilia hook her arm with mine as we waited at the counter. 

[Was it fun, Alicia?] 

[Well, trying on different clothing like that is a nice experience.] 

[I'm happy you enjoyed it. It's hard for me to ask the rest of the girls. If I was a few years younger, I think I'll be more approachable.] 

[I'm sure they wouldn't mind in the future.] 

[Haha, perhaps. I don't know if I have time for that in the future.] 

Cecilia shook her head and sighed. I guess she was pondering over about the academy. 

[If you have any problems, I'll be there, onee-sama.] 

[I appreciate it, fufu.] 

I embraced my hand with hers. She giggled and nodded. As we waited, it felt like there were more people staring at us. Ah, her fans.

[Who's that with the president?] 

[They are holding hands.] 

[Look how close they are.] 

Was it me or were the rumors already starting? 

Not a moment sooner, Miss Kayton came back out with a letter with her. Cecilia happily took the letter and we said goodbye to the shop keeper. 

17