Chapter 7
23 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I nod in response to his question before responding

”I really don’t know.” He nodded 

“Can you promise me you don’t know? Death isn’t just something you recover from.”

I sighed, how am I alive? Do I go see if I’m immortal or something? How does this work?

I stood up, my-ill fitting pants slide off. I pull them up again while saying

”I want you to kill me.” To the man. His face lights up in horror, then he paused. I took a rattling breath as I waited for his response. He sat there, his hand placed upon his frowning chin, for what felt like hours. I was retying the pull cords of the  sweatpants he had given me while I waited. 

He finally said “no, but if you want to get yourself killed I know where a drug distributor is. They send me bodies along with... a lot of money.” He looked guilty while saying this, glancing around. I immediately jumped on the idea in my emotionally vulnerable state, revenge on the gang that had killed my friends, I could avenge them! All of them!

Then reality crept in, but... I wasn’t listening at this point. I honestly didn’t care, I was so angry. A creepy smile crossed my face.

“Do you have a weapon of some kind?” Rang out from me. He frowns, 

“I did not think you would actually want to do this.” He starts walking over to a counter where he got the water for me.

I started thinking ‘what if it isn’t the same gang? I don’t know how to use a gun either.’ Then I heard a click that I’d heard before, while I was a hostage. I turned towards the counter.

To see the man leveling a pistol towards me. He said with a dark tone “I cannot have you attacking my employers”

oh no

I exclaimed “WAIT PLEASE I CHANGED MY MIND!” He lowered the pistol and shook his head and said

”It’s too late for you boy.” Then he raised the pistol again.

I threw myself up toward the underside of the counter, he was surprised and tried to fired the pistol down at the counter, where he realized there was no round chambered. I looked around, thinking mostly swear words while looking for a way out.

The door which I’d entered through was straight ahead, it lead to a straight hallway where he’d for sure be able to hit me. I considered it for a moment before the man rounded the corner of the counter. I jumped at him, maybe I could...

bang shocked by the bullet that just entered my leg, I failed to jump all the way onto him, landing my tackle on his shins. My face slammed into them and I was suddenly dizzy, I saw a blurry foot winding up to kick me.

In my frazzled state,I simply curled up, I’d never fought someone before so I just gave up, I wasn’t ready for the pain. It was over. He had a pistol and I had my scared teenager self who had just been shot in the leg.

Then the adrenaline hit hard, and I rolled to the side in my suddenly ‘calmed’  state. I threw myself towards a chair and moved it unti..

bang The chair exploded in splinters of wood. One of which, stabbed him in the back of the hand where he was holding the pistol, enciting him to drop it out of pain. I yelled 

“PLOT ARMOR” before diving with a wince and grabbing the pistol while he grabbed his hand. I was scrambling to get up when a slam landed on my head. I fell, then I rolled to the side and fired.

bang my shot missed completely due to my shaking and erratic movements. The pistol had at least 5 bullets in it. That feels right, so I turned the weapon towards his chest and said 

“stop moving or I shoot.” My voice was angry and distant. The man said

”This will go badly for you. I’m not somebody who can just disappear within our hierarchy.” Out of spite and adrenaline,

bang I shot him in the chest. He shook once, before jumping at me. 

bang I fired again, his limp body landed on me. I looked at the small hole in his forehead, before puking all over myself.

At least I was safe, for now.

 

 

 

How is he alive?
  • Plot armor Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magic Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The author’s an idiot. Votes: 2 100.0%
Total voters: 2
1