Chapter 10
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took a deep breath and my neck twinges, I’ve must have been knocked out, now where am I?. Also, that police officer is a really bad person! Why would they do that!?

”I’m going to order this immortal woman to bonk you because you’re on a list of dead people even though we found you in a morgue where you claimed to have woken up! All while ignoring the fact that she’s immortal!”

I’m so done, I open my eyes and start looking around in a fit of rage. I’m... where am I? This is a bedroom! They had to have known something! I yell out, stupidly,

”JUST LET ME GO HOME!”

I hear a clatter come from somewhere on the other side of the single door. Then a voice thats annoyingly familiar followed,

“Give me a moment and I’ll explain! Just *sounds of dishes hitting a counter* give me a moment!”

Hearing dishes, I sniff the air suspiciously. The smell of butter is almost overwhelming, but in this case its just very whelming. I also smell... my nose is too stuffy to get anything else. I lie back down on the bed, I’m so tired of this. I killed someone for a terribly pointless reason! I wanted revenge, still do want revenge but I have no idea how or where to get it. That man felt so, weird? Why did he tell me about the gang that was paying him? Was he a recruiter or something?

The door to the room I’m in goes click, unlocking. Followed by another, different click as the door opens, the woman who killed me! Before dying! I’m actually terrified of her at this point. I just freeze and say 

“oh” she responds with

”I’m still sorry you had to die like that the first time, I couldn’t get you out of there, we didn’t know you were... ‘immortal’ then.” Immortal has finger quotes around it. I nod, shakily now that my rage has ebbed and fear has set in. She confirmed my suspicions though. I still have the question who is she? If she’s immortal then how many immortals are there? How has society not found out? She sees me spacing and says in a soft tone,

”You will call me Wind, as that is my true name.” That gives me more questions, I’m less scared now so demanding answers it is.

”So Wind, how and why are we immortal? Why am I, A child born to completely normal parents, Immortal?”

She nods at my use of her ‘true’ name, before launching into an answer,

”We are immortal due to... a certain being. Their presence causes random humans to be born with their immortality. Ours is less of a true immortality and more of a ‘we get better’ kind of immortality”  She takes a breathe before continuing.

”There is a limit to the leaking of their power though, only so many immortals can exist at once. Recently, they killed an immortal know as Seaweed. Seaweed was slightly older than the roman empire. Claiming to be a god and demanding tribute. Multiple people are searching for you, they wish to recruit you.” I sit there with eyes wide as saucers. She laughs a little at my reaction, before going stone serious.

”The... being wants to kill us all so that they can reclaim their power. Every immortal they kill it takes longer to find the next one. I am working with the US government to try and guide them towards the massive criminal organization that rules the world at this point.” I freeze before saying

”What criminal organization? I think the public would know about it.”

she shakes her head

“As an immortal grows older, they can gain ‘abilities’ it’s far more common to merely become, faster or stronger and maybe smarter. Some immortals, however, gain reality bending abilities. There is the leader of the organization called by most immortals ‘Steve’” she shook as she said Steve

”gonna have to stop you there, Steve?” I tried to keep myself from laughing.

”anybody named Steve radiates an almost irrational fear to immortals, why not name the worst of us after our second greatest fear?” I thought about the name Steve and just... shuddered. I felt a cold that was not incomparable to blood loss.

”huh, aren’t you giving him power by naming him something you fear?”

she waves her hand dismissively 

“They fear themselves, however irrationally or rationally that fear is.”

Why am I talking with her? I need to get out of here, stall her until I can leave out the window or something.

She looks at me for a moment, before saying 

“Escape will not help your situation, Steve can... change things. About what anybody thinks. They make people forget or ignore their organization. This doesn’t work... if you die.”

I despondently respond, “Like I did.”

She nods once more, though looks disheartened by my lack of interest. She folds her face into a smile and says 

“I’m going to train you, we are going to take him down.”

...

After she leaves for a while, she comes back with noodles that are basically oozing butter. I’m not disappointed I’m just hoping she actually knows how to cook. She gestures to the small wooden table by the window, it has two chairs with very pretty patterns on them. They’re red with yellow and white, lots of sharp corners, asymmetrical, and have this grainy in a good way sort of look.

We sit down and begin eating silently. I scan the room for anything I can find to get out, but the room is mostly empty. There’s moving boxes in the corner! Is this her real house? I shouldn’t ask, she might tell me eventually.

After a few minutes of slurping, I’m done with my...significantly smaller bowl. Her’s is bigger than her head and she’s almost done. I try to avoid ig but my face contorts into a smile at the sight. Now that is somebody eating their favorite food. She lifts the bowl and drinks the rest, for like a minute, I was about to say take a breath please! You’re scaring me! When she puts the bowl down and her face is a buttery mess. She’s not even gasping what. 

She grabs a napkin and says “I’ll answer anymore questions you have now” while wiping her face as if I didn’t see her eat a family’s worth of food.

I begin with “what the in the fresh flying fu-“ she cuts me off with

“language, I also eat an extraordinary amount due to the extra strength and speed I possess.”

I still there with blank face looking at the table before shaking my head and asking

”what is this business with true names? Are they important?”

“They are extremely important, we do not know Steve’s true name. We also don’t know yours but they reveal themselves to you. You will feel your name as soon as you feel the immortality that has saved you grow. True names can be... I’m not going to tell you that yet. Though, if you’re ever in trouble yell mine. It’s like a 911 call.”

“How is it like a 911 call? Is your power knowing who says it?”

”Nonono, I don’t have one. You can have a power or strength and speed, not both.”

”So Steve is physically vulnerable? Why haven’t you... oh yeah.”

”we could contain him but he would walk out unless you and I were guards who died every day.”

“Can he trick computers? What if he was kept in a perpetual state of death?”

”We couldn’t do that without massive funding, he could call in lackey’s to break him out.” I sighed, he really... wait

”what if we launched him into space?”

”exactly that or the being are our only options. The being is easier.”

She had a massive, sadistic smile talking about killing Steve. I shivered just looking at it. Well then, guess that’s happening. 

 

 

 

I don’t know what I’m doing aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
  • Why? Why must god punish me? Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Poggers Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Get gud Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Sucks to suck Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 1283 words and you only missed Wednesda? Nice. Maybe just do once a week? Quality is more important. Votes: 1 50.0%
Total voters: 2
1