Chapter 14
13 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ha, beautiful bastards, I’m BACK! WEEKLY UPDATES AGAIN! REJOICE!

...

“He’s just a boy wind, you can’t be mad at him for trying to kill you.”

”I’m not mad, I’m scared. When I brought him back to the house we’ve been keeping him, he radiated age beyond anything I’ve ever seen. His aura almost seems older than...Ekorial.”

”Bullshit.”

“Eldest one, we understand your concern but we need to hurry forward with our plan. The boy can be an incredible asset.”

“None are older than me. It’s impossible.” A shadow befalls the room, two bright lights shine from Wind’s fingertips as she stares defiantly at the shadow.

”None of us disagree Ekorial, the boy may have found a way to gain power somehow, and hid his aura. This situation has happened before.”

”I lived among the first humans, this boy is a fair-skinned teenager. He literally cannot be older than me.” Ekorial’s mood shifts and the shadows fall back as he becomes a recognizable silhouette again. Wind stands in a ready stance while others cower.

”I know, Ekorial, he also focuses on little things. He’s terrible in hand-to-hand combat and the only area he has any finesse at all is when we did sword fighting as a surprise. He is also physically weak, meaning that he didn’t have the power that he suddenly displays.” Wind stays in her stance, eyes locked on Ekorial. She remembers that the man at the gym said that he left early, there is massive amounts of power surrounding the area. The being or Steve was there and talked to him, she was certain.

“Let us continue our meeting, eldest ones. We need more details on Wind’s plan to use the boy as bait for Steve” The council chairman, Corrin, nervously motioned at the seats that Wind and Ekorial had thrown behind them.

”Yes! We need to know more of your teachings to the boy. Raising him alone means you will get to dictate his views!” Yells a shrewd looking woman.

”I have nothing left to discuss, I will see you all when the next meeting is called.” Wind turned and faded into the air, leaving the room silent.

...

I have the most pounding headache. I’m going to avoid going up in flames next time. Maybe use parts of my shirt as a fuse? I feel like a sociopath, or a criminal. I hope I didn’t hurt anybody.

I sit up in... my room. Wind brought me back here. I hear bubbling, the flames, the birds, and the powerful breathing. There’s so much, everything is so vivid! I can see details on the walls! I can see that they pressed harder when putting up the drywall there! I  move to sit up and feel... I could do anything. This is terrifying.

The smell of butter wafts to my nose. Wind saved me, but is probably gonna see some sorta “aura” on me, like the being said they saw on me. I know what to do here, I tell her the truth. Or I hold the truth in-front of her in exchange for more answers?

We’ll go with the second one. She’s taught me as such.

I stand to walk out of my room, and realize I’m not wearing clothes. I feel like Grey. I move to put on some clothes, sorting through my different drawers that Wind has made me organize because ‘You have the time for organizing, your life isn’t going anywhere without you’ I pause. I practically see her as my mom at this point huh? That’s pathetic. I want to go home.

I pull my pants up when there’s a knock on the door.

“I have no shirt on!”

”I’ve seen shirtless men before, I have dinner.”

”...come in, it’d better have vegetables this time.”

Wind walks in carrying a massive pot as I pull on a shirt. The smell of butter kindly tickles me as I turn to look as we walk over to the table in the corner.

No vegetables again! No wait, there’s zucchini noodles. I sit down as Wind lightly sets down the pot on the creaking table. We get our food in our respective bowls. Before she drops a question that she knew that I knew that she would ask.

”Did you talk to the being?”

”I’ll tell you if you tell me more of our plan to get rid of Steve.” I shudder lightly

”This is Non-negotiable Clay.”

”This is Non-negotiable Wind.” She cringes, trying to hide a smile.

I would have told her if she’d been more transparent. I need answers.

”Clay, the council wants us to make our move soon. Despite my urging that you’re barely ready. Ekorial, has a rocket that we can trap somebody in quickly. It’s mostly automatic. We’re going to kill him and throw his ‘corpse’ into the cockpit. Then we shoot a flare and boom. We win.”

I tilt my head, she’s mentioned Ekorial before. She talked about him being a very old immortal. I wonder what resources he must have to have a spaceship? What the heck!

”I did talk to the being, he said he wants to go home. To do that he needs his teleportation back from you.”

“Why didn’t he kill you?”

”I desperately want to know, he didn’t seem to think I was immortal at all. He dug through my mind, I think. He found something that he liked.”

The details were coming back, the being’s hand went to my head and then I felt the digging. The click as they found what they wanted. I look back at Wind, who has a terrifyingly calm look on her face.

”I remember back a month ago, when you said you didn’t want to go to the gym that day.” She breathes,” I asked you if you wanted to stop steve, then I asked afterwards, even if it meant dying?”

”I said that I’m scared to die. Then you... killed me with a sword.” She nods.

”You killed me multiple times, trying to show me that I wasn’t going to die.” She laughs before saying

“Sword fighting is my favorite type of fighting.” I continue

”Then you asked if I was willing to die without coming back.”

”Exactly, you said no.”

”That’s what the being would have done to me?”

”The being should have done, they have ulterior motives.”

”Oh, yeah, that’s kinda why I blew up the place before calling you? To create chaos so the being couldn’t get you.”

”Never do that again. You could have murdered innocent people. The poor owner lost their restaurant! People lost their jobs! I don’t care if you die if you do something like that again! You might have ruined those peoples LIVES! THEY DON’T GET AS MANY AS US! THEY GET ONE!” Wind was screaming, tearing into me about how I cannot do this again.

I said quietly after she was paused, 

“You ended up getting my friends killed.”

”I know, I cannot have you making the same mistakes, I can’t have myself making mistakes like that again.”

She disappeared in a puff of light. Leaving me and my cold bowl of Zucchini noodles alone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1