Chapter 6 – Is this savage person really my mother?!
258 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had added a prologue, so go and read it to get a clearer idea of how this novel will develop! Yup, it's weird to suddenly have a prologue pop out after the story already starting...

The reason is because the starting of this story is rather lukewarm, without suspense, and could be immediately dubbed as similar to other zombie apocalypse stories, which is not! (hopefully)

 In this prologue that was half the length of my usual chapters, the objective is revealed, some hints on why Guo Guo is 'neglected' by her parents is revealed, well... there are bits of clue here and there which will be spoilers if I said more. If you want to know more, follow on the journey!

 

XG 6 - Is this savage person really my mother?!

 

The zombie that was feasting on the two bodies immediately turned its head to where the voice came from and let out an anticipating growl when it saw fresh meat had entered its territory.

 

Wong Xue Guo shakily pulled out her mobile phone, pressed the power button, and revealed the time to her. She had been keeping track of time, counting when her mother would arrive.

 

Her mother took only thirty-five minutes to arrive instead of more than one-hour estimation, which was with mild traffic jams from the outbreak taken into account!

 

Did she drive past every red light and cut cues?

 

Wong Xue Guo’s heart pounded even harder than before after realizing that right now was not the time to think about how fast her mother had arrived. Unless one of the monsters had the ability to imitate her mother's voice, that was very likely to be her mother!

 

Legs scrambled to the floor, she strained her ears to listen if there were other people with her mother. But she could not hear any other footsteps other than her mother's distinctive high heels that she had long familiarized with. 

 

Mother’s habit of always wearing high heels will get her into trouble!

 

Unfortunately, she was not an expert in distinguishing sounds and had no idea what that zombie was doing after hearing her mother calling for her. 

 

I also don't dare to answer back, ah! (×﹏×)

 

Unfortunately, the door was designed to only have a small gap at the bottom, with the top reaching the height of the ceiling. The only way for her to have an inkling of what was going on outside was to stick her face onto the floor and peek out of it.

 

Even if it was an emergency, she still felt repulsed from getting bacteria stuck onto her face. 

 

"Guo Guo, stay inside,” Suzie Yap’s words ended her internal debate. She must have noticed her daughter does not dare to make any sound and remained hiding in the last cubicle, whose door remains locked.

 

Wong Xue Guo could only hear her mother’s footsteps as she moved deeper into the washroom, seemingly alone without her bodyguards. Before she could even say anything in reply, the zombie roared like an overexcited puppy and charged over with bared teeth, the remains of flesh that it had been chewing were stuck between its teeth. 

 

Despite her mother telling her to stay hidden, Wong Xue Guo could not just stay silent and hide away while her mother was in danger.

 

Adjusting her sling bag to the back of her hip to avoid hindering her, she tightened her grip on her umbrella and took a deep breath that was useless in calming her stretching tight nerves. This feeling was truly similar, but amplified a thousand times, to the moment she was about to reveal her failed exam scores to her parents. 

 

Sliding the lock to the green area, she gathered her courage before rushing out while gripping her umbrella in an amateur posture. Her act of bravery nearly had her slip over the blood that had flooded half of the floor. 

 

As her eyes took in the scene, her body unconsciously jerked to a stop as she wondered if she was actually trapped in a very vivid hallucination created by stress and despair.

 

A woman with wine-red, fashionable curls dressed in a yellow, flowery dress looked like her mother, Suzie Yap. But she was holding onto two kitchen knives in each hand, coated with blood that was still dripping from it. Even her dress was not spared from being stained by blood and unmentionable liquid.

 

Her mother looked even more terrifying than the female zombie that was currently being hacked into pieces. It was not the worst sight Wong Xue Guo had watched before with how realistic the movies were in the 20th century, but knowing this was real and with her eyes capturing every single detail as the best lens in the world, the urge to hurl out her dinner became insanely strong.

 

Suzie Yap's gaze reminded Wong Xue Guo of someone homicidal, avenging her important person with the butchered zombie as the offender. The poor offender could not escape to the afterlife even with her body chopped into neat pieces. But the part with chest and head intact struggled to crawl to her mother, hungry for flesh.

 

This might be the worst bad end Wong Xue Guo had seen for a zombie, other than being treated as bowling pins to a bored group of survivors as entertainment.

 

"... Mother?" Wong Xue Guo could not help but speak up to stop this horrifying scene. 

 

Her parents love cleanliness the most, which overworked the cleaners. It was not the scent of perfume or flowers that lingered in their house, but of disinfection. 

 

Yet her mother does not look out of place in this bloody scenery, without a hint of repulsion from her as blood continues to splash onto her. 

 

Wong Xue Guo's hesitant voice drifted to the ears of the ferocious woman like a small tweety bird asking for attention. The woman with the same appearance as her mother stopped her merciless act, before awarding the zombie with true death by giving it a fierce stab in its heart. The blade passed through its chest and poked out from the back as easily as if it was actually a block of tofu.

 

Is this savage person really my mother?! (」°ロ°)」

 

Suzie Yap raised her head and the cruelty in her eyes slipped away before meeting her daughter's shaking pupils. If the face mask had not covered half of her face, it would reveal her daughter's overly pale face and trembling lips. 

 

"Guo Guo… you are safe." Her mother was smiling so brightly, very similar to the expression she had whenever her husband returned home.

 

Her gaze was full of longing and affection as if the mother and daughter had not seen each other for more than ten years. That feeling weirded Wong Xue Guo out as it was only twelve hours at most since they had last seen each other.

 

When her mother continues to stare at her, but this time below her neck, Wong Xue Guo suddenly remembered she was wearing her secretly purchased outfit that her mother would never approve of.

 

She forced herself not to fidget, but she could not stop her body from turning rigid as she felt the clothes become heavy. She started to regret being forgetful with her attire after knowing her mother will be coming to pick her up and should have bought a dress to change into. “Sorry, I thought I would not look out of place with my friends if I wore these.”

 

Suzie Yap blinked and broke out of whatever she was thinking when she saw her daughter’s outfit. “No, you did well. Your current outfit certainly fits better in this situation than your lovely dresses.” 

 

When Suzie Yap had searched for her daughter that day in the other timeline, she had taken a long time before finally recognizing her own daughter that was not wearing a dress as she had expected. Her zombie daughter was wearing the exact attire as she was now, minus the mask and blood.

 

It nearly broke her mind when she had to end her daughter's life, freeing her from roaming around the place searching for human flesh. She could have brought her back while waiting for the cure, but how long will it take? What would her daughter be at that time? Would she be able to live well after knowing she had eaten human flesh?

 

Wong Xue Guo stared at her mother’s dress-stained blood silently and just accepted she had gotten away from trouble this time. As someone in the lowest hierarchy in the family, her dress code was entirely controlled by her fashionable mother. Her wardrobe consists of all dresses suitable for a sophisticated and trendy young lady ready to attend a tea party.

  

Suzie Yap pulled out her knife from the dead zombie's chest and wiped the blade clean with the zombie's clothes. "It's very good that Guo Guo is safe. Baby is obedient for listening to mommy."

 

Her mother's tone was so sweet that her teeth hurt from the cavity, but her mother's bloody appearance belonged to the thriller genre. Combining those two gave Wong Xue Guo fierce goosebumps.

 

"Father told me to listen to you."

 

Usually, her sentence would please her mother very much. But right at this moment, her scowl was really real and super fierce, not at all like the sweet wife that adored her husband to Heaven.

 

Fuck. What could have made her mother change 180 degrees with her attitude in just half a day? Wong Xue Guo really wanted to read spoilers!

 

 

 

14