Chapter 28 – The foretold disease might be those zombies
28 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

XG 28 - The foretold disease might be those zombies

 

She touched her face and found that her face mask was missing. Someone must have removed it from her to let her breathe easier. With a nonchalant face, she touched her chin and confirmed she had not drooled in her sleep before raising her head to take in her surroundings.

 

Seeing the unfamiliar place, she asked, "Where is this?"

 

"My home." Just a second after the sleepy Chen Jiang An answered, the entrance gate of the bungalow swung open and a large group of suit-attired bodyguards swarmed out and around their car.

 

No wonder Jiang An has generalized the image of bodyguards in black suits and sunglasses. 

 

These uncles, why would you wear sunglasses in the dark? Can you still see?

 

"... Jiang An, you did not tell your family it's you that’s returning home?" Wong Xue Guo voiced her doubt, not remembering if his phone had survived. 

 

"I did!" Chen Jiang An protested, completely awake. "I even told them what car I'm coming with! I even got a reply!"

 

Chen Yibo patted his cousin's shoulder "They are just worried for your safety. Let's get out."

 

So that you can use your face to block the bullets.

 

Before Chen Jiang An could do so, Suzie Yap had already gotten out calmly, not afraid the bodyguards would shoot her ‘accidentally’.

 

Wong Xue Guo's eyes widened. "Mother!"

 

"The guards won't shoot randomly," Kang Xunsu appeased the terrified little princess. 

 

"That's grandpa!" Chen Jiang An recognized the elderly man with balding white hair walking towards them with a walking cane. There was also a man wearing a butler uniform following after the elderly man. 

 

For a moment, Wong Xue Guo's heart raced when she saw the white hair. White-haired zombies have made the elderly and albino's life more dangerous. Even those people who bleached their hair white would immensely regret their choice later when they were wrongly identified as zombies.

 

As the head of their family appeared, the Chen cousins hurried out of the car.

 

"Staying?" Kang Xunsu asked.

 

"Going." Wong Xue Guo followed after her classmates. Staying inside the car means she would miss out on important information. 

 

Although it was far-fetched to think Grandpa Chen would know more about the zombie virus' origin, his two sons working in the Geum country’s military base might know something and send back some warning. 

 

And she also wanted to know what her mother would say to Grandpa Chen about yesterday’s incident. 

 

How can the bodyguards leave their employers? L.L parked their car at the large compound beside three Mercedes cars in different colours. Their white jeep was slightly dented and lowered its value compared to the row of dazzling cars.

 

Tsk, tsk, rich family.

 

She was not sure how rich her parents were, but their family was rather low-key and did not own more than two cars. Her family prioritizes safety over comfort when it comes to buying cars. 

 

After reassuring himself that his grandsons were safe, Grandpa Chen invited them in. In the living room, they met Chen Jiang An's father, the eldest son of Grandpa Chen, still wearing his office wear. 

 

The guests were served with warm tea that Wong Xue Guo took the time to enjoy. The warmth feels good, heating up her body and soul. It provided some mental healing, distancing herself from the horror, even if the current peace was only a momentary illusion.

 

Chen Jiang An introduced them to his father and grandfather, emphasizing that Suzie Yap saved their lives. He clearly does so in order for his family to repay her kindness, if possible.

 

Wong Xue Guo noticed Grandpa Chen's face changed when her mother's name was revealed, with a spark of recognition flashing past his eyes the more he stared at Suzie Yap. Although Chen Yibo's father was Wong's family friend, she had not seen Grandpa Chen before, but that might not be the case for her parents. 

 

Her mother then proved her guess. "It's been a while, Elder Chen."

 

Grandpa Chen sighed heavily, his mood disturbed. "I remember seeing you once or twice, with your husband. I remember your husband is working with my youngest son in the medical field. I never thought the next time we would meet again would be the time when such a dangerous virus would appear. It will be hard for us humans to survive."

 

Chen Tang An, Grandpa Chen’s eldest son, does not want his father to continue worrying over the disaster and affect his health. "Thank you for saving Jiang An and Yibo and even bringing them home. If you have any need for assistance, our family will help out."

 

"I just happen to pass by and saving them is not much trouble." Suzie Yap downplayed the matter. 

 

"Master Shang's prediction came true a week ago, likely related to the rampaging virus spreading around the world." Chen Tang An's thoughtful gesture was flipped over by his father, who dragged back the conversation to the path he wanted. Grandpa Chen suddenly eyed Wong Xue Guo and Suzie Yap with a pitying gaze. "I remember one of your daughters is named?"

 

One of your daughters? 

 

"I only have one daughter, this lovely child." Patting Wong Xue Guo's head gently, Suzie Yap smiled, her gaze full of sinister victory. "She was listed yesterday."

 

It took Grandpa Chen a while to realize the meaning of Suzie Yap's words and his whole body shuddered fiercely, his face turned deadly pale. 

 

"Father!"

 

"Grandpa!"

 

"I'm fine!" Grandpa Chen shakily waved his son and grandchildren's worry, his eyes stared at Suzie Yap in terror, but also with growing hope.

 

"My advice to you, Elder Chen, is not to trust fortune teller Shang too much. The named list and the prediction may be true but the intention behind it is not pure." 

 

Grandpa Chen was taken aback. Fifteen years ago, he was also sceptical about Master Shang, but after seeing his prediction come true several times, he grew to trust that master. He had not thought much about the master’s intention of telling them, other than being compassionate, so he did not investigate in that direction.

 

"What have you found out?" Grandpa Chen asked grimly, his aged frame slowly regaining some vigour he had from his youth. No one liked being used or tricked, especially with his family’s life and death matters being involved.

 

"Unfortunately, not much. Someone is behind the fortune teller, directing him to do things. I've yet to figure out who. Elder Chen, please do not spread it to others yet."

 

"I know." Grandpa Chen would not disturb Suzie Yap’s plan. He could not stop his gaze from going to Wong Xue Guo, who felt discomfort with the way he was staring at her, as if she was a living miracle. "If you changed her fate, then my sons… my grandson…!"

 

"It will depend on them. My daughter survived because I relied on myself to protect her from harm. Perhaps if we put in more effort, we could prevent their fated death."

 

Chen Tang An rubbed his father's back to calm him down and then asked, "How about the research of that gene? If you say Master Shang is questionable, won't the research of that gene be questionable as well?"

 

They were told that researching the unknown gene would save their family members, whose name was named by Master Shang. The master had shown them much irrefutable proof, which then had numerous families donate a large amount of their wealth to fund the research to protect their listed family members. Master Shang’s words were vague and led them to believe their predestined death was from an illness that needed the gene to create a cure.

 

The Chen family had three members of their family named and was much more willing in donating the research, even if they do not fully understand what the research fully entails. Luckily, they had two of their family members involved with the research, freeing them from being worried if they would waste the effort poured into research.

 

Chen Tang An could not see any sign of illness from the little girl, which was impossible if her death was predestined to be yesterday. But if he linked the disease that was preordained to take dozens of lives with the news of the infectious disease spreading quickly that brought danger to their world, the foretold disease might be those zombies.

 

If that was the case, it was not only those that were named. Everyone would be in danger.

 

 

 

 

5