Chapter 35 – Hit the bullseye
28 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

XG 35 - Hit the bullseye

 

Intense fear had her senses sharpen and very conscious of someone, or something, was catching up to her behind. She had yet to even get out of the walk-in closet when her braid was pulled back forcefully, yanking her to an abrupt stop.

 

"Argh!" 

 

Forced to land onto her butt painfully, Wong Xue Guo thought her hair would have completely ripped out from her scalp by the vicious force. She was grateful her hair was set free, but it was only to have her throat choked. 

 

Barely able to identify the intruder through her lopsided glasses, she saw it was a young woman dressed in pink sportswear. With an expression of looking at a weakling, she steadily tightened her grip around Wong Xue Guo's neck. 

 

The instinct to breathe had her struggling to yank the hand from her neck, but it failed to loosen the unforgiving grip. It was puzzling how this woman could be this strong with just one hand choking her.

 

“Your age matches the daughter that’s supposed to have died.”

 

Died?

 

She wheezed in suffocation, trying to inhale oxygen only for her throat to be blocked. Her mind was ringing in alarm at the danger, and the inability to breathe was painful, but she could not do anything with their difference in strength.

 

"Just give in to your fate. Death will come to you soon."

 

What the fuck is with this bitch? 

 

She does not remember how long her nails were, but she used all her strength to scratch the pink lady’s hands but the intruder remained unruffled. The intruder only had her focus on Wong Xue Guo’s increasingly dark red face, as she patiently waited for her target to stop breathing. 

 

Wong Xue Guo’s punches and kicks were useless against this crazy intruder, rendering her helpless. She was also gradually getting weaker with increasingly black spots covering her sight. 

 

Ah, mother's hard work to save her will be wasted. She only gets to live one extra day. 

 

Yet, she was no longer willing to die so easily. Not when she could finally experience love from her mother, anticipating to watch her father getting jealous of his wife being stolen away, or… to find someone that only belongs to her and have her as his first priority. 

 

Suddenly, a voice echoed in the room. “Wife, answer the phone.”

 

The sudden voice surprised the woman and had her looking around guardedly. She had not sensed anyone other than Wong Xue Guo in the room, much to her bewilderment.  

 

Unlike the intruder, Wong Xue Guo was not alarmed by the voice, which was actually a recorded ringtone of her father’s voice on her mother’s mobile phone. This special ringtone was specially set for his call. 

 

Unfortunately, the distraction failed to have this pink woman slacken her grip. Wong Xue Guo’s sight was almost completely dark with buzzing ears, either to go unconscious or fly straight to the afterlife. 

 

Her sight could no longer be counted on and she could only gauge where that woman’s eyes were. Using her remaining strength to drag her heavy arm, she vaguely estimates the direction and flung her fingers out.

 

Meeting resistance, she momentarily thought she had poked the wrong place, but what if she got the right place? Regardless of which answer, she would not have a second chance anymore with her oxygen running out. She quickly continued pushing her fingers forward to pierce past the resistance with all her strength.

 

She could only hope she had hit the bullseye.

 

“Arrrghhh!!!”

 

Immediately after the tightness around her neck gave away, she quickly crawled away from the screaming woman, coughing fiercely from the sudden freedom. 

 

“You fucking bitch! I will kill you for ruining my eyes!” The pink lady's calmness was no longer there. 

 

Her headache was like a hammer whacking her skull, but Wong Xue Guo still laughed like a chopped-off recorder in a good mood. She abruptly stopped laughing and winced from the pain around her neck. Her current eyesight does not allow her to admire her handiwork, but she hoped that whichever hole she poked would be bleeding.

 

It was only when she had turned her body to make the crawling easier, did she remember she had a sharp weapon on her. Spending a valuable second by rubbing her aching hip bone from pressing onto the sword when she crawled just now, she stood up with shaky legs. 

 

Her hands clumsily gripped onto her sword and managed to pull it out of the sheath for the first time without causing self-inflicted injury. Her vision was regaining clarity rather slowly while her limbs felt languid but refreshed from the returning energy accompanied by sweet oxygen. 

 

Wanting to retort, only to get a coughing fit, she could only settle down her frustration by retorting in her mind.

 

Same to you for ruining my neck, bitch!

 

The bedroom door was shot open at the same time Wong Xue Guo ungracefully swung her sword at the pink-clothed woman. 

 

It was impossible for the newbie Wong Xue Guo to do well for her first experience with a heavy sword, especially after severe strangulation that messed up her balance quite a bit. Not to mention, the pink-clothed woman would not be foolish to stand still and wait for her to attack. 

 

Alas, her finger stabbing attack only got onto one eye, instead of two from her high expectation. However, it was good for her mind's well-being that the eyeball did not stick onto her finger. 

 

Thus, her sword only slashed the intruder’s arm, the tiny cut mocking Wong Xue Guo’s feeble strength. In exchange, the pink clothed woman showed what was true strength by grabbing her head and kicking her bruised neck with her hard kneecap. That attack sends Wong Xue Guo into a tearful mess, clutching her painful throat as she bends over like a soaked spaghetti. 

 

Her pain did not stop her mind from worrying, because she swears she just felt her throat cave in!

 

She vaguely heard loud gunshots that nearly burst her eardrum. The pain interrupted her sense of time, and she did not know how long she was in her new posture while gingerly clutching her abused throat before Chen Yibo carefully helped her to sit up.

 

Used to mostly breathe from her mouth, it was torturous as every inhalation would bring a new wave of pain. But the more painful was swallowing her excess saliva and she could only wince as she endured it before her saliva would leak out and embarrass herself even more. 

 

Looking over Chen Yibo’s back, she tried to find the intruder’s figure and finally found her lying on the floor, seemingly dead. 

 

“She’s dead, don’t worry.”

 

Knowing Wong Xue Guo was in danger, Chen Yibo gained access into the room by shooting the doorknob apart. Spotting the pink-clothed woman and sword-armed Wong Xue Guo facing off each other, he immediately shot at the blinded one eye intruder’s chest a few times until he was sure she was really dead. 

 

Stunned by the gunshot wounds on the intruder’s chest, Wong Xue Guo was honestly shocked that the humanitarian Chen Yibo would kill a person, so much that the pain in her throat became manageable. 

 

Perhaps her wide eyes and gaping mouth were rather too meaningful, Chen Yibo could understand what she wanted to ask. Eying the dark purplish ring that stood out on her fair neck, he answered, “Mrs Wong said we only need one of them alive to ask questions. She is obviously here aiming for your life, so I shoot her.”

 

Wong Xue Guo closed her mouth after noticing the trembling hand that was holding onto the gun. It was completely different from his cool as cucumber expression. She does not know how many intruders there were, or if this was Chen Yibo’s first kill. No matter what, it does not change the fact that in order to save her, he was forced to kill a person.

 

Straightening her crumpled clothes and spectacles that were knocked askew, she gave him a low bow as a thank you, since it hurts to speak now. She even had to hastily adjust to breathing through her nose. That pink lady had not held back her strength at all! 

 

Wong Xue Guo’s gratitude actually eased some of the dark feelings in Chen Yibo’s heart over murdering a human.

4