Chapter 43 – Destroy it if I could not keep it?
26 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

XG 43 - Destroy it if I could not keep it?

 

The phone laid in Suzie Yap's hands vibrated. After reading the text, her grin became wider and her eyes sparkled like one that had found a great treasure. 

 

"Xunsu, how far to the base?"

 

"From this traffic, likely thirty minutes or more."

 

"Hmm…" 

 

Wong Xue Guo glanced at the calm Chen Yibo, who had been told that Suzie Yap had time-travelled before the car trip started. At first, he was resistant to the idea, claiming that there was no technology that could achieve that. So she slapped him with their earlier case of supernatural intruders and forced him to desensitize to the idea. 

 

Side-glancing at the driver, Wong Xue Guo was a little disappointed at Kang Xunsu’s lack of response. He does not even question how her mother would know so much. 

 

Drumming his fingers at the steering wheel, Kang Xunsu looked somewhat bored but she knew he was listening. There was no suspicion of Suzie Yap’s words that could be detected from him. However, his lack of response would be understandable if he knew about the fortune teller in the first place. 

 

Only important people would know the result of the research and Suzie Yap could use it to cover her future knowledge using it.

 

“Mother, did you find out who’s the mastermind from the intruder?” Wong Xue Guo asked. They were busy moving and immediately hit the road so there was no time for her to ask the question until now.

 

But seeing her mother’s gloomy face, she guessed she got nothing from the intruder’s mouth.

 

Suzie Yap sneered. “Nothing other than childish threats.”

 

That silly boy tried to act as if he knew many important secrets and used them to bargain for his life. When he saw his tricks did not work, he resorted to issuing threats instead, like a tyrant child with the backing of his parent.

 

But she did get something from his mouth. Was the Lordship he spoke of referred to the fortune teller Master Sheng?

 

Suzie Yap suddenly told her daughter, "Guo Guo, stay with Yibo, okay? Don't go anywhere alone."

 

Although this was not the first time her mother said the same thing to her, did her mother just appoint Chen Yibo as her official personal bodyguard? But he was also a noble son, so why not just let the bodyguard do their job?

 

Did even Kang Xunsu, the leader of the bodyguard team, have done something that dragged down her mother's evaluation of his capability?

 

The uneasiness that sprouted from her heart from her mother's words had her blurt out, "Mother, you are saying as if you will leave me."

 

"No, don’t think that. Mummy just needs to pick up Mr. Vihaan and Kim Sung-Ho."

 

“Oh.” Wong Xue Guo was less resistant after hearing the familiar names.

 

“Do they have some trouble getting a ride?” Chen Yibo asked. They could have gotten a taxi to reach their meeting place, so why would Mrs. Wong need to pick them up personally?

 

“They have gotten into some trouble.”

 

“Are they inside another infected area?” Wong Xue Guo asked anxiously.

 

“It's the hospital you’ve shown me earlier. Mr. Vihaan is supposed to pick up his sister and leave. Who would know another infection would start from there?”

 

“The police say they will be bombing the hospital! Mother, they are truly bad luck to encounter the situation twice, but you have no obligation to go out of your way to save them. They are pitiful, but we also need to survive.”

 

“If they are worthless, I would not have agreed to pick them up,” Suzie Yap agreed.

 

Kim Sung-Ho had contacted her before Suzie Yap left her house. Even when it was urgent, the boy did not dare to make a phone call to avoid the zombies being more aggressive outside their hiding spot. So he just makes sure the call was connected and then hangs up to grab Suzie Yap’s attention before contacting her through messaging. 

 

Originally, Suzie Yap had already deemed them to be a lost cause after knowing where they were. The hospital was the next bombing area released in the news. 

 

It was until Kim Sung-Ho said Vihaan was turning rather slowly after getting numerous zombie bites and wanted her to tell him how to have him survive the transformation. 

 

After knowing it, Suzie Yap wanted to test if Chen YiWen’s theory was true. 

 

It was a solid fact that does not change even after ten years, that those with even a small defect in their body always would not have that gene. That also includes people with no pain receptors and short-sightedness. She had immediately deemed Vihaan and Kim Sung-Ho to be killable if they were bitten.

 

It was also a painful truth applied to her beloved daughter as well. 

 

But with this sudden variable, Suzie Yap was very excited. She told Kim Sung-Ho to feed Vihaan a lot of food and water. If he wanted to bet Vihaan would survive or not, wait until the process finished, but do not stop feeding Vihaan as long as he remained conscious. Even if his hair grew white and lost most of his weight, that was not alarming yet.

 

It was when he started snarling and biting like those zombies that Kim Sung-Ho had to kill Vihaan if he wanted to survive. 

 

It was only just now that Kim Sung-Ho finally returned her message, saying that Vihaan seemed fine. The change had stopped and Vihaan was awake. The only thing out of ordinary was that the things he touched would turn into ash.

 

It was difficult for Suzie Yap to contain her excitement as she replied to Kim Sung-Ho not to touch Vihaan, lest they would turn into ash too. She also instructed Vihaan to get used to his power, especially when his current place was ideal to practice as much as he wanted. It was strongly recommended to learn how to turn his power off and on before he could be released to society.

 

Instead of killing zombies with his power, he might topple down buildings with one touch and kill any survivors in the hospital. That would also alarm the government, thinking he was a new monster that would harm humanity.

 

Suzie Yap actually does not know what happened during the early days after the infection started spreading in Malaysia. She had been busy with her daughter's funeral and mourned for three whole days before leaving the country with Charles. She was not aware of any danger during those days so she assumed there was nothing seriously wrong. 

 

But to think her husband might have a hand in making sure she could finish the funeral in peace without disturbance, her heart throbbed with unrestrained affection for that silly husky.

 

“Mr. Vihaan’s gene had been activated. His ability will be a game-changer and provide humanity with great help. We need a lot of fighters to change the tide and stop those terrorists."

 

Knowing that she does not have the capability of stopping her mother, Wong Xue Guo pulled out her phone and searched for the latest news of the hospital. “The bombing is under consideration with the mass public protest. Mother should go quickly and leave before they make any decision.”

 

Suzie Yap smiled fondly at her daughter’s worry. “No worries, I have asked the Chief of Police to delay it for me.”

 

With a thin veil of threat.

 

Suzie Yap graciously shared the information that there was a person with supernatural ability inside the hospital. Killing him would be equal to losing a strong fighter against the zombies. The new emergence of an ability user would also help to shift the attention away from Nurul Hanani, which had brought the Chief of Police over to her side completely.

 

Wong Xue Guo was less worried knowing that the bombing would be postponed.

 

“You will leave for Penang Island first to meet your father. I will come after you soon."

 

“Huh? Shouldn’t we wait for your return before leaving together?” Wong Xue Guo stared at her mother blankly.

 

“No. You need to leave as soon as possible. I might be late. And no, you cannot come with me," Suzie Yap interrupted before her daughter could speak. "No matter how much I want you to stay within my sight, I'm going to go to a dangerous place. Guo Guo is already tired of running around with mummy, right?"

 

Wong Xue Guo with haggard eyes could not lie. She does not even get the chance to take a nap. "You are tired too."

 

"That's why I'm bringing two bodyguards with me." Suzie Yap contributed the most during the fight, both at the shopping mall and from the fight inside the house. Still, she does not look as worn out as her daughter.

 

“Monkey and Mocking?” Kang Xunsu suggested.

 

“Whoever is fine, but you and L.L. must follow my daughter.”

 

"... Is there something urgent with our plane ride?" Wong Xue Guo stared at her mother doubtfully. 

 

 

2