Dinner, Breakfast and in Between
97 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I carefully opened Avery's door. She and Sylvia were still asleep, and the sandwiches were untouched.  I peeled back the plastic wrap, picked one up, and, since she was on that side of the bed, held it up to Sylvia's snout.

Her nostrils wriggled at the scent.  Her long tongue came out and licked the sandwich, and only then her eyes opened.  She looked at the sandwich, looked at me, and took the proffered meal with an expression of gratitude.  She took it and started munching.  From her expression, she enjoyed it as much as I had mine.

I walked over to Avery's desk and and sat down in her chair.  I  motioned for her to join me and sit in my lap.

Still chewing, she got up and sat crossways, with one arm around my shoulders. Between bites, she said, "There are two left. Don't you want one?“

"I woke up when Mrs. Johnston brought them in, and went downstairs with her.  She made another for me and we talked for a bit.  I think I agree with you.  I like her."

"She's good people.  Growing up, she's been like a second mom to me."

"Since I can't talk about cougar stuff with my mom, she said I can call her for us mom advice."

"That's so like her."

"We should wake Avery up so she can have hers."

She snuggled into my shoulder and said, "Yeah, but not yet."

A sleepy voice came from the bed.  "You two going at it again?"

"No, just talking, I said. "Dinner is on your night stand if you want it."

She rolled over and groped without looking until she felt the baguette.  She grabbed the sandwich, picked it up and sat up in bed, holding the covers under her arms.

"Your mom makes great sandwiches," I said.

"Wait until you try Dad's breakfast tacos!" Avery mumbled with her mouth full.

"Mmm. Love them!  Can't wait!" I replied.

We chatted about nothing in particular until they finished their sandwiches.  Then they went back to bed, and I curled up on the armoire again.

==^..^==

I woke up to the sound of the toilet flushing in the bathroom between Avery's and Caleb's rooms.  The water ran in the sink, then shut off.  The door opened and closed.  Someone walked down the hall, paused at Avery's door, then continued down the stairs.  I assumed it was Caleb.  

I was impressed at how quietly he walked.  Caleb was a pretty big guy, about six feet six (2m) tall and muscular. 

Come to think of it, I didn't hear Mrs. J. until she opened the door last night, and Ashley has a light step.  Could it be another werefolk characteristic?  It would make sense.

I curled up again to snooze some more until the girls woke up.

Maybe a half hour later, I heard rustling from the bed.  I looked up and saw the lump under the covers on Sylvie's side of the bed.    was moving. 

Feeling mischievous, I quietly got my paws under me.  With my head low and forepaws on the edge of the armoire, I wiggled my back end to get me rear legs in pounce position.

I lept off the armoire, and flew through the air.  I landed softly with my paws on both side of Sylvia.  There was a shriek as she struggled to move, but she was pinned by my paws on the blanket.

I pulled the blanket down and groomed her face with my tongue while purring.  Every couple licks, I had to spit some of her long dark hair out of my mouth.

Dark hair?

I stopped, took a few steps back and to the side, releasing my victim.

Avery glared at me for a moment that probably felt far longer than it was.  

In a small voice, I said, "I'm sorry."

Sylvia poked her head out from under the covers,  looked at the two of us, and asked, "What did I miss?"

Avery looked at her, looked back at me, and burst out laughing.  

"When I went to sleep last night, you were on that side of the bed!"

Sylvia reached around me neck and pulled me in for a kiss.  The scent of Avery's nethers covered her face.  I gave her a long, slow lick on her cheek.

"So, you two had some fun after I fell asleep! “

"Yeah.  I hope you don't mind.  We did it in the bathroom.  Ave didn't want you watching.“

Avery looked uncomfortable.  

I touched her knee for a second.  "It's okay.  You don't have to feel guilty.  I'm glad you got some, too.  I'd feel bad if you were left out after all the fun Syl and I had."

She seemed unconvinced, so I continued.  "I mean, yeah, I'm a guy.  You two are gorgeous.  Would I have liked to watch?  Of course, but not if it ruined it for you.  I'd feel guilty."

"Okay, you deserve this much."  Avery said as he flipped the covers off, and got out of bed.  She stood up and stretched, putting her swimsuit model body on full display for me.  She was a photo retoucher's nightmare - nothing at all to fix. 

Sylvia got up and stood next to her.   Slender blonde, buxom brunette, both perfect.  She slid her left arm around Avery's shoulders, and with her right hand, cupped her chin.  She leaned in and kissed her, slowly, languidly.  With her right hand, she softly caressed Avery's neck, shoulder and breast, stopping to tweak a nipple, and make Avery moan into their kiss.

Feeling the blood rush to my cheeks and groin, I turned away and gathered up my clothing.  

"Sylvie?  New friendship goal.  Someday we're going to tie a boy to a chair and fuck in front of him.  After we're done, you can have your way with him."

>^..^<

The scents of chorizo sausage, eggs, and fried onions wafted up from the kitchen.  Except for the spicy chorizo, it smelled like home.  I remembered my Scottish grandfather saying, "Nothing unsainly can abide the scent of frying onions or baking bread," meaning evil spirits would be repelled by such wholesome and homey odors.  I decided to take it as a good sign. 

"Cale, well need an extra place setting for our guests," Mrs. Johnston said.

"Already got it," he replied.

"No, guestsss, plural. You need one more."

"What?"

"Set the table for six, dear."

The three of us filed down the stairs, with Avery and me in front, and Silvia trailing behind, unsure about the reception she'd get.

Caleb looked up, and said, "Oh, hi, Sylvia!“

Spatula in one hand, Mr. Johnston wrapped his other arm around my shoulders and proclaimed, "Welcome to the pack, boy!"  Seeing Sylvia, he gave her a cheery “Good morning!" and addressed his daughter.  "I'm sorry for making you do something you dreaded, but you know the rule.  I'm proud of you for figuring out a way to do it on your terms!"

With his arm still around my shoulders, I looked at Mrs. Johnston and rolled my eyes. She laughed behind her hand.

The center of the kitchen table was full of plates covered with eggs, onions, home fries, salsa, similar breakfasty things, as well as salsa, diced jalapeños, and a pile of soft tortillas.  Mr. J. scraped a pan full of chorizo on the one remaining empty platter as we sat down.  Cale handed a plate, knife and fork to Silvia.

Mr. J. said, "So, Zach, Caleb tells me you and Sylvia made quite a racket last night! Way to go!  We'll make a proper wolf of you!"

I felt my cheeks warm.  Syl looked embarrassed.

Caleb asked, "What the heck did you do to her.  I've never heard her make noises like that before!"

Mrs. J. Interrupted, "Actually, dear, Zach was trying to tell you something last night, but you weren't listening."

I reached out with my pointer finger extended, snagged a chunk of sausage with my claw, said, "Sorry to disappoint you.  You all seem to be great people, but I won't be joining your pack.  I have a previous commitment."  I pulled my hand back with the sausage dangling from my claw, and popped it into my mouth.

Simultaneously, Caleb said, "How'd you do that? and his father said, "What‽“

I sucked the juice off my finger and pulled it out of my mouth, showing my sharp, hooked claw instead of a nail.  I stretched out my thumb and other fingers, each with its own claw.  

"To answer both of your questions..." I said, looking at the two of them in turn.  I half-shifted, and let out a long, loud purr.

Sylvia covered her face in her hands.  Avery smirked, and Mrs. J. barked out a laugh.  Caleb and Mr. J. just looked confused.

Avery laughed, looked at her mom and said, "Men, right?"  To her father and brother, she said, "He did that with her clit in his mouth."

Sylvia's face went bright red. 

Avery added, "It was pretty hot.  I was almost tempted to go straight for a night and try it!  The things he did to her with his mouth..."

I didn't think Sylvia could look any more embarrassed, but she did.  She floofed out to cover her flaming cheeks with fur.  I put my arm around her shoulders, pulled her close, and kissed her between her drooping ears.

"Maybe we should change the subject," I said.

Caleb asked, "So, why didn't you tell me you're a cougar?" 

"I guess I should have led with that, instead of 'I know you're a werewolf.'  Before I could say anything, I was in your trunk. With the stereo and the performance exhaust, you couldn't hear me."

"Oh.  Sorry.  I didn't think of that.  How can I make it up to you?"

"No, you did what you thought was right, but if you insist, I was going to ask you for a favor last night."

"Oh? What's that?"

"Remember that night your and your teammates came out of the dining hall, and that one guy started harassing Tenny and me?"

"Trey?  Yeah, he can be an ass.  What about it?"

"It wasn't just that one time.  He's done it repeatedly.   I just found out he does it all the time to Tenny when I'm not with her. And that really pisses me off. He's a coward as well as a bigot.  As team captain, do you think it would do any good if you told him to stop?"

"It might.  Especially if I remind him he could get kicked off the team for that.  It's the least I could do."

“Thanks!  I appreciate that!“

Mr. J. said, "Caleb, this is between the two of you, but I think you should do it because it's the right thing, not because you owe Zach."

"You're right, Dad."  He turned back to me and said, "Is there something else I could do instead?"

"Well, there is one thing.  Tenny is also a werecat, a cheetah, actually, and, well, you remember how I looked last year, before I was changed.  A skinny engineering student nerd.  I think I may have mistakenly friend-zoned her, just because I didn't know how to ask her if she wanted to be more."

Silvia still had my arm around her shoulders and her head against my chest.  I felt her tense up.  I gave her a squeeze.

"So, I need to have an awkward conversation with her.  If it goes the way I hope it does, I won't be able to do something else I want to.  Could you do it for me?  It would probably better that way anyway.“

"If I can.  What is it?“

"Take Sylvia to her senior year homecoming dance?  If her date is a college student, her best friend's brother and someone the staff knows would probably go over better than a stranger.“

Sylvia sat up straight and looked at me questioningly.  I smiled and nodded yes.

"Sure, if I don't have an away game that weekend.  When is it?"

Avery said, "The twenty-seventh."

"Sylvia Connolly, may I accompany you to the Homecoming Dance?  I can't stay out too late, since we have a home game the next day, but I'd be glad to take you."

She looked at me and said softly, "You sure?“ 

I kissed her gently on her forehead and said, "I'm sure.  Have fun."

She stood up, walked around the table to Caleb, curtsied, said, "You may, kind sir!  I'd be delighted!“ and sat in his lap.

Turning to Avery, she asked, "Will you go with us? Go stag, or doe, or whatever?"

"I don't think so.  Wouldn't it be sad, me tagging along with my brother and my best friend on their date night?'

"Ask Duanphen!  Her scent when you're around says she wants you. And she smells kinda like Zach.  She's not a cougar, but I bet she's some sort of cat.   Besides, what kind of Chinese girl has big green eyes?“

"Just hope Jack Burton doesn't show up!" I said.

"Jack who?" 

"Jack... Burton?  Lo Pan? Green eyes?“  I looked at Mr. J. and Caleb, hoping for at least a glimmer of recognition.  "Big Trouble in Little China?  I guess not“

"Um, yeah, okay,"  said Avery.  "And she's Thai... Are you sure about her scent?"

"As sure as I can be."

Avery looked at her mom and dad.  They looked at each other, then back at her.  Her mom said, "Make sure Syl is right.  If she is, do it!  You'll never get another senior year of high school."

"Thanks, Mom!"

Caleb said, "I had to go stag to senior homecoming.  I had fun, but it was awkward, smelling all my horny classmates and knowing I wasn't getting any."

He continued with a thousand-watt smile, "It'll be great if you two don't have to go through that.  And I'll get to experience it the way it should've been!"

The whole table expressed their agreement.

"Not to change the subject, but I should get Zach back to campus."

"I need you to help me take down the dead tree by the barn, son."

"We'll take him!" Avery said. 

Two pretty girls smiling at me.  I had no chance with one of them, and had basically given the other away, not that she was really mine to begin with.  Even so, what's a guy to do?

"Thanks.  I need to get my bookbag out of your car, Cale.“

We went outside.  Caleb retrieved my bag from his Camaro and handed it to me.

I thanked him, and pulled out my phone, with a bit of dread.  As I expected,  there were several voicemails and texts from Ashley and Tenny, and a missed call from Mom. I sent them all quick texts apologizing and promising  to get back to them soon.  I also asked Tenny to meet me at our spot on the cliff later.  

I was not looking forward to that talk, but she was one of my best friends, and I owed her the truth.

I looked up to see Sylvia jump into the back of an open top Jeep.  Avery was in the driver's seat.  She turned the ignition key and it roared to life.

I thanked the Johnstons again for their hospitality, and climbed into the passenger seat.  As I buckled my seatbelt, Avery shifted the manual transmission into reverse, let out the clutch and turned around.

As I was writing the grooming scene, one of my cats was on the back of my chair, licking the back of my head. 😸

So, I should give a content warning for Big Trouble in Little China.  It's a 1980s movie, with all the attendent stereotypes.  I've heard but can't confirm that Jack Burton (Kurt Russell), the white male lead, was supposed to be the sidekick to Wang Chi (Dennis Dun) but the movie company thought a Chinese lead would hurt profits. 

 Sigh.

0