Chapter 1: Transmigration
139 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Being currently night time.

 

The burning heat from the day had finally disappeared, only for it to be switched by a bone-chilling coldness that was already more than enough to freeze one to death.

 

Laying down on the sand, a thin corpse filled with wounds and limbs dislocated in a weird angle made his presence known to no one.

 

The freezing sand was nothing less than a coffin for this poor victim… If one looked more closely, they would’ve been able to see the despaired look within his eyes… This boy was clearly dead. Killed for wanting to live…

 

Albeit…

 

A sudden bolt of golden lightning hit the corpse exactly on his chest. The mystical energy drilled itself within his body as it made its way through the bloodstream and targeted the still heart.

 

It charged it with electrical currents, hitting the organ like a hammer striking the ingot. The previous dead heart started to beat with never seen vitality as the new blood began to flood the entire corpse. Repelling the scavenging microorganisms and dead cells from his body.

 

It traveled from one organ to another, touching them with its never-ending vitality, granting them a new life… 

 

The previously dead body suddenly spasmed while gasping for air, as he dug his fingers on the freezing sand… From his wide-opened eyes, came an otherworldly golden light that shot to the skies, for once dissipating the gray clouds that forever covered this wasteland with their decaying matter.

 

“Ah, ah, ah… AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” From his now drenched throat that could only produce weak gasps, came an incomprehensible scream that now held his new desire for survival. His body spasmed due to the pain it felt from his recovering flesh while his mouth could only release his never-ending suffering to the world. His previously twisted ankle suddenly put itself in its right place, allowing the boy to stand up as he grasped his tattered clothing.

 

His screams never stopped even once as he aimlessly walked on this desertic wasteland, with his body randomly spasming now or then.

 

Until suddenly, he fell on the sand while his screams reached an extremely high pitch. His body kept jolting and spasming as the boy rolled onto the ice-cold sand in the hopes it would reduce his pain. The golden light coming through his eyes finally receded back to their depths, forever turning the once dark brown eyes into a beautiful yet mysterious gold that seemed to hold unimaginable secrets.

 

After all this suffering, he was finally allowed to sleep… The boy closed his eyes while a relieved smile formed on his face…

 

__

 

The ice-cold darkness of the night was no more, the harsh rays of sunlight pierced their way through the thick grey clouds… Bringing up their immense heat and forcing the residents of this wasteland to remember why this place is called a desertic inferno.

 

The boy who ended up sleeping like a rock completely ignoring the previous freezing temperature now also ended up falling victim to the sudden change of degrees. 

 

The sunlight bathed his tanned skin with heat while also revealing his dirty black hair that grew up to his shoulders. 

 

His eyelids faintly trembled, clearly bothered by the annoying light that attacked his face… He opened them, revealing his now golden eyes that held a certain type of maturity unfitting for a child…

 

__

 

The burning sun, the scorching hot ground, and the blinding light. Those were the first things I felt as soon as I opened my eyes. 

 

As I observed my surroundings, trying to analyze what happened, a sudden panic struck me as I was looking at a world completely different from my own, even my body had a different feeling than the one it previously had. It felt lighter, more resilient... But it felt really sick and unhealthy.

 

I started taking deep breaths as a way to calm myself before I succumb to a panic crisis. It slightly helped me get a better look at the world, but my inner panic was starting to grow exponentially as my mind became clearer. 

 

Suddenly, an unimaginably excruciating pain like no other struck my brain. Images of different kinds of chaotic sceneries flashed in my mind. The unbearable pain that made me wish for death continued for only two seconds, then it suddenly disappeared just like it came.

 

After the pain disappeared, I dropped to my knees and started vomiting. It was a spontaneous reaction that I had after, what seemed like, a life-long amount of information poured into my head in just a few seconds.

 

After almost vomiting my internal organs, the sharp pain that struck my brain, and the wave of panic that hit me when I woke up, all disappeared. My mind felt clearer, and my body felt lighter. The only emotion I felt at that moment, was the overwhelming sadness that struck me once I knew the truth.

 

I have died once, I have been transported into a post-apocalyptic world, I have been reincarnated into the body of a dead child! But only one thought plagued my mind, the one that caused me the sheer depression that I felt at the moment. I can’t go back home, my life has been lost.

 

“I want to go home...” I whispered to myself as endless stream of tears ran down my cheeks. The sound of my cries was suppressed due to my sore and dry throat. My life wasn’t a good one, but I still wanted to live it nonetheless. For it to be ending so suddenly was truly something that I never anticipated or could’ve handled.

 

Sighing exasperatedly, I stood up and moved on to find a place to hide from the burning sunlight. Regardless of my feelings, I had no choice but to move on with this new life.

 

For now… 

 

The only thing I can do is survive.

6