Chapter 1
339 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Talking"

'Thought'

+Binary+

=Reading=

I'm a five foot ten, Caucasian, American, human being. Compared to my family I was the only one in shape, messy brown hair that I trouble styling and natural brown eyes. Born in Florida and stayed here my whole life because I had family in every corner of the state. One important thing about me is that I'm a huge Star Wars fan, like I actually took the time to learn Mando'a, Huttese and the seven traditional lightsaber forms. Anyway the reason why I'm explaining this is rather simple.

You see...I was killed in a car accident. If you have been to Florida then you know the highway I-4, you would also know that about every inch of it always has construction going on it. You know how when there's work going on a highway like I-4 they usually have signs that tell you where construction vehicles enter and exit onto the highway. Well, I died to a semi driver not paying attention to the sign and the fifty mile speed limit one too. One of the workers wasn't paying attention to how much his dump truck was sticking out on the roadway, and the semi driver only noticed at the last second. He turned the wheel as far as he could to the right to avoid the potential accident, and you can already guess who was to the right of the semi also driving. It was me in my 2002 Nissan frontier pickup truck that was there at the wrong time, I also didn't notice till the last second but for me I didn't have that second to do anything. It took a minute for everything to stop spinning and me to stop seeing double, and when it did I noticed my truck was on it's top and the semi was up against the barriers with a small pile up behind it. It took a few seconds for me to get the pain from the wreck, and when I did it was horrible. It felt like a steam roller actually rolled over and came around to do it again, after a few seconds the pain slowly increased and my vision started going dark. The last few things I thought about were my family and all the other things I would miss.

****

The first thing I saw waking up was the site of brownish sky. 'That can't right.' As I slowly start to notice more things such as dark brown and orange, what I think are clouds. 'This isn't right what's going on?'

Putting my hands down on whatever it is that I'm laying down on, I heard metal on metal. Freezing up and slowly bringing my arms up led to me seeing my metal hands. Slowly my right hand trailed up my left arm, I could still feel with my hand but it was muted, like if I could only get one fourth of what I usually felt with my organic hands.

Reaching my shoulder revealed that, I myself wasn't all metal because I could feel the flesh of my shoulder. Looking over the rest of my body, that I could see, revealed both of my legs were also metal.

Taking a closer look at both of them showed that they were both skeletal and covering that was a grey color. 'Actually this reminds me off someone, who was it? I know it's a robot and it's a old one from a game. Who do these arms and legs remind me of...HK-47 from the Old Republic now that I think about.'

Calmly sitting there thinking of the droid from Star Wars. 'Droid From Star Wars!' Eyes shooting open in astonishment and surprise, I take a closer look at the arms. Pulling my black shirt over my head and throwing it in my lap, turning my head to where the arms meet my shoulders.

The sight that meet me was off the metal arms connected to the bones and fake skin covering at least half the metal on my shoulder to blend in, shocking me.

Using my hands I felt out the rest of my body to check for anymore changes. The only thing I could find was a piece of metal the size of my thumb on the back of my head with my hair covering most of it.

Feeling along it, I eventually slowly slide my thumb across the biggest piece. After that my head started to hurt, slowly at first just a small throb of pain barely noticeable, but not even a minute later the pain became unbearable.

"Ahhhhhhh." Screaming in pain and holding my head in my hands. The pain continued to increase and I finally blacked out.

****

I slowly came to. Finding myself curled in a ball with my new arms wrapped protectively around my head with a small headache.

Uncurling and using my arms to push myself into a sitting position, then bringing one of them up to rub my forehead. "Uhh, my head, it feels like a piece of crap."

As my headache slowly dissipated, new knowledge start to flood my head from armor, weapons, computers and many more. Also included in the knowledge was a new writing system used to represent Galactic Basic and the Binary language droids use. Holding my head as the flood of knowledge started to slow and the headache finally disappeared, I massaged my forehead getting rid of the last of the pain.

Suddenly knowing how to shot a gun, fly a spaceship, making a spaceship from the ground up using a shipyard and such. Just laying back for a few minutes to let the knowledge settle and figure out my new limbs, they work about the same other then smoother movement.

Finally rising to me feet and taking a look around me, revealed myself surrounded by piles of junk and what looks to be pieces of spaceships according to the new knowledge.

Throwing my shirt back on and then heading toward the largest pile of junk near me, being to my left, I slowly start to climb. Using my robotic strength in my arms I dig my fingers into the metal junk as I climbed to not fall. Only almost falling off once after I grabbed a greasy hand hold, I eventually reached the top of the pile.

What I saw was mind blowing.

All over we're falling apart ships, speeders, tanks and such as far as the eye can see. Some of the ships looked to be fighters and even more than a few Venator-class Star Destroyers wrecks around me. There also appeared to be a few Providence-class Destroyers and maybe half a mile away or so looked to be two wrecks of Lucrehulk-class Droid Control Ships with everything else being twisted wrecks and some ships scraped to there frames.

Slowly climbing down the pile of junk, I head toward the huge wreckage of ships. Along the I way I thought up what I could find in the ships and more then likely what I could salvage in them, to find out where I am.

Over the course of what I thought was a hour and several obstacles later, I finally arrived at what I believed to be one of the two main hangers of the closet Lucrehulk. Finding a new to way get in was easy, using my new robotic strength I found a broken wing from what I think is a LAAT/i and slowly got it leaned up against the ship.

Using my strength and punching dents into the wing for grips. Doing that as I went up and eventually reaching the hanger, I pulled myself over the edge into the hanger and lay there.

After catching my breath I got up and took a look around the hanger. All spread out along the hanger floor were battle droids, droid fighters, tanks and landing craft, some of them looking to be intact and the rest in different states of wrecks.

Trying to recall of what I remember reading about this ship came to me in perfect clarity, even a blueprint of the ship, though not a full one. 'How the hell do I remember the blueprint and technical specifications of this ship?' As I'm thinking of how I know this my hand brushes up against the piece of metal on the back of my head. 'Now that I think about it wouldn't this be a neutral interface? And these supposedly boost your memory and can have downloaded information on them. That's probably how I remember all this information with the memory boost.'

Figuring that out, led to the idea to see if any of the droids or the ships still worked. Going droid to droid, seeing if they were in good condition led to me eventually stumbling upon a B1 battle droid with green highlights.

Using the information that the neutral interface provided me, I did a quick check of the droid. With it being revealed to be in perfect working condition with all it's equipment. Taking the droids datapad and then taking a minute to get use to the functions and it's set up.

Pulling a more detailed map of the Lucrehulk up on the screen and memorizing the route to the droid control computer core. Hooking the datapad back onto the droid, then lifting the droid by it's armpits and slowly dragging it along the path.

Half a hour of walking and taking more than a few turbolifts that had power, I finally arrived at the computer core.

Leaning the droid against the core and then hooking it up to the computer core and bringing it online was easy, what wasn't easy at first was rewriting the droids code. But after a few lines of code my speed started to slowly increase and I began to write more advanced code then what I was taught in high school.

I figured that the information from the neutral interface that was uploaded to my brain was started to come into effect. Using the previous coding as a backbone and guide I was done within a couple hours time. While I was rewriting the code I came across the droids shooting and intelligence code, using my new found knowledge I upgraded them by at least fifty percent. Downloading the new programming into the droid took a minute, crouching down level with it and feeling around it's battery pack to find its power switch, minding the blaster.

Finding it in between the pack and it's back, I switched it on and backed up a few steps.

The droids head rose from its resting place and slowly climbed up onto his feet. It took a few seconds to look around itself and then finally focused on me crying out in it's weird voice. "Hello new master, I'm OOM-88 Command Droid of the Lucrehulk-class Droid Control Ship Chalacta Leviathan. What shall I address you as?"

Taking a few seconds to think about this and finally deciding on the nickname that my friends call me. "My name is Orion Rex. I want you to go and get a few other droids. Once you get them plug them into the computer core and upload the new programming. Then have them continue to do that once you reprogram, let's say 20 droids, come and find me to get new orders. Also give me your datapad, please."

OOM-88 gave me his datapad, then a salute with the classic Roger Roger and left to complete his orders, leaving me alone in the computer core. Turning on the pad and pulling up the map of the ship, I left the core heading to the bridge.

With the bridge not being that faraway, I walked in though the automatic bridge door. Looking around the bridge showed that it was in pretty good shape, I walked over to a console and took a seat.

****

"I finished my task master." I heard from behind me, startling me up and out of the chair.

Taking a deep breath and slowly calming my heart rate down, turning around. In front of me stood OOM-88 with, what I count, eighteen B1 battle droids and two B2 super battle droids in the back.

"Everything turnout alright OOM-88?"

" Yes master. Per your orders master I found and uploaded the new programming into them. I also charged all their batteries and had them make sure their weapons worked."

Walking closer to the droids showed that they were in pretty good condition, even after all this time on the junk planet. Though they were dusty and a few of them looked to have a bad leg or arm. "OOM-88 I want you to take the droids that need repairs, even something as small as a missing bolt. The ones that don't need any work done they are to split up into two groups. Group one is to is to check the ships condition, from the engines, reactors and then report back with a list of what needs to be fixed. Group two are to continue to roundup droids and reprogram in the computer core. Copy that?"

"Roger Roger." With that said OOM-88 left with four other B1 battle droids to get replaced parts. The rest of the droids split off into groups of seven B1 droids and one B2 droid, with them leaving the bridge.

Having nothing else to do in the bridge, seeing as I couldn't connect to the HoloNet or even the old subspace relays. Which means that either the ships relay is down or the HoloNet can't reach the ship, I'm putting my credits on the relay being down.

I head on down back to the hanger.

Arriving there I see one of the groups of droids dragging more along the path to the computer core. Walking to one of the droids that looks to be squashed in half, I pick up it's E-5 blaster rifle and a toolkit of a engineering droid, then walking along the vehicle's in here that are in one piece led me to a Flitknot speeder bike.

Using the knowledge from the neutral interface I do a quick maintenance check. The Ion engine and the stabilizer were in working condition. Taking a few minutes to get use to it, like how the altitude was set by twisting the handlebar grips backwards to rise and forwards to go lower.

Once I got comfortable enough I slowly pulled out of the hanger and headed to the most intact Venator-class star destroyer near me.

Getting closer to it I saw the top of the cruiser, it's flight deck, was closed. Seeing that I drift toward the side of the Venator to see if the side hanger door is open

It is, so I slowly coast into the ship and land.

Reaching into the toolkit a bring out a flashlight and turn it on, to get a look around me. It looked like the ship was sat down here after a major battle. There were star fighter's all over in different conditions, from crushed, missing wings and a few in good shape.

Taking a closer look under one of the fighters revealed a, "Ahh Dead Body!" I yell out loud after seeing a dead clone trooper.

'Breath in, breath out.' I think to myself, trying to get a hold of the situation. Finally calmed down, I take a more cautious approach to the clone. Seeing his unmoving form I reach for his helmet and pop it off.

Staring up to the roof of the hanger were the clones unmoving and glazed over eyes, with his skin shrunken in. Putting his helmet down next to him, I offer a small prayer for him, they may have betrayed the Jedi Order but they were child soldiers and basically brainwashed to do it.

Leaving him be for now and continuing to look around the hanger for anything of note. Over the course of a hour I find more fighters in various conditions and a few dozen other bodies of clone troopers mixed in with clone mechanics. With there also being a dozen All Terrain Tactical Enforcer or the AT-TE in one piece, with what looks to be only scratches on them. I also came across a locked section of the hanger, that gave me a feeling I should come back to it later. Moving all the bodies to the first clone I found, putting them in line for now while going to explore the rest of the ship.

The first thing I came across were actually multiple armories filled with clone undersuit's, armor and weapons. The weapons ranged from simple blaster pistols to E-Web heavy repeaters and rocket launcher's, I had to wipe away the drool with the back of my hand. Ruffling through the gear, I found a datapad and using the one I took from OOM-88 downloaded the Venator schematics to it.

Putting the one found here down and opening up the schematics on the one I brought and highlighted the armories, bridge, cafeteria, and general quarters.

Having a thought I hop out of the blue jeans and black long sleeve shirt I'm wearing and slide on a black undersuit, with the jeans and shirt going back on over that. Taking a few minutes to stretch and get used to the undersuit, especially making sure it doesn't ride up on my crotch.

After that I head out of the armory and following the route on the screen toward the general's quarters. Luckily the turbolift I had to use still had power running through it, though it was a slow ride. I only had to travel up a few decks to get there and a minute to slice the door open.

The room beyond the doorway was a medium sized grey basic room, just a bed, small desk with a chair, a open door leading to the small bathroom and what looks to be a dresser bolted onto the wall. Walking in it felt like walking into the past, as I was looking around a blinking light on the small terminal caught my attention. Sitting down on the chair and clicking the button a hologram burst into the air.

Nothing was showing thought, looking at the terminals screen showed that it was receiving but couldn't play. Hooking the datapad into it and running a program to clean up the signal, a few seconds past. Coming back with a all clear I put it down and click the button again. The hologram starts to clean itself up till it formed a familiar looking person.

"This is Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. I regret to report that both our Jedi Order and the Republic, have fallen with a dark shadow of the Empire rising to take their place. This is a warning and a reminder for any surviving Jedi. Trust in the Force. Do not return to the Temple...that time has past. And our future is uncertain. We will each be challenged. Our trust. Our faith. Our friendships. But we must persevere. And in time, a new hope will emerge. May the Force be with you, always." The hologram then shuts itself down and I remain frozen sitting down.

"Holy Sithspit." I say, leaning back in the chair in shock.

5