5 —Rebirth
75 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I waited until the wolf creature took another step towards me before taking action. I will only have one chance at this so I better make it count. Hopefully this creature doesn't have a strong enough hide and my plan will work. I brought up the stone stake that I held and plunged it into the area just under the ribs. I read once that if you didn't think you were strong enough to stab something directly through the rib cage, or if you didn't know if you would be accurate enough to pierce the heart on the first strike. Then it was best to try and go under the ribs and hope it hit something important. 

I rammed the stone stake directly up the rib-cage of the creature and after it pierced the skin and sank deep into the creature's body. It's gasp of disbelief rasped from it's mouth as it looked down at my hands and the stake, but instead of letting go and falling down like most did in movies. The creature grabbed me by the shoulders and bit into my shoulder, raking it's claws across my back and causing as much damage as it possibly could while it had the chance. 

My back was burned with pain, and I was sure that the gashes were infected with something, if not then that curse that the Blood Rat creature was doing something to me. Something that I didn't want to know of just yet, but was hoping that it wasn't something too bad. With every second that passed the wounds just got worse and eventually the wolf's jaws unlatched from my left shoulder and it looked me in the eyes. 

To think that a Human would best me in combat and come to take my life. I heard a voice in my head. It sounded amused, and yet it sounded angrier than the ocean during a storm. I looked at the wolf creature in shock. It could speak? Why wasn't it doing that before? Maybe this could've gone a lot better, wait that other voice said that they were enemies to be killed or we couldn't leave, so I guess it was either us or them them in this world. Now human. You are being graced with my voice now as it is the dying rite of my species to speak to their reliever and pass on ones power. To give our power to those that have bested us in combat, and while I am irritated that I am giving a human the power to surpass the strongest of foes. You must be something special to defy fate in such a way that this is the end result. 

I looked at the creature growling at me, fighting to stay awake, fighting to get away, but it's grip on me was iron. Suddenly it forced me to the ground as it collapsed on-top of me and my torn up back. It's blood still steadily gushing from it's chest and onto me, staining my clothes and slowly seeping in my body and my wounds as it pooled up beneath me to spread more, towards my back wounds. 

Now normally this would be a faster process, with me ending your pitiful human life quickly to make you reborn as something of my race, but seeing that you have only barely been able to keep me at bay and used trickery to end my reign. I will take my time letting my power seep into your being, who knows maybe it'll make you stronger in the end. The voice sneered in my mind and I could feel it's blood inching towards the wounds of my back.

I didn't want this creature's blood reach the open wounds on my back, they would probably hurt much worse than my shoulder, but it's not like I could lift 200 to 300 kilo's of pure muscle. I struggled nonetheless, trying to wiggle my way out from under it, to fight back against the creature trapping me under it, but that only seemed to make it worse. More blood poured from it's wound and onto the ground beside me in turn making the spreading of the Blood soaking through my shirt all the more faster, and with the movement it had already reached the edges of my wound.  

I don't know what my feline friend is doing to that girl of yours, but judging from what I can hear she is taking her time with her just as I am you, and I don't know their customs for passing down power and granting new life to those that are good enough, but I don't care whether she dies or not. The creature held me firmer to the ground as the blood spreading across my back finally touched the wounds the wolf creature had cut across my back. My what a small feeble little body you have, almost no muscle on you and you thought that you could take us both on? Well it's not like it matters now, with a little more suffering your human shell will be no more and I shall complete the catalyst of your change. For the destruction of the known world, for the conqueror of all life and land, for the creation of a new legacy. 

I could feel the creature smiling at me, but I couldn't focus on that for long. The blood seeped deeper into my back, cuts and wounds all over. I was trying my best to resist making any sound as that wolf was enjoying my suffering and denying him that was the only thing I could do now. I lasted ten seconds longer than I thought I would before the pain became too much and the blood lit fires through-out my entire body. I didn't know what was happening, but whatever it was was too much for me to handle.

The first scream tore through my lungs as the wolf creature decided that it had waited long enough and it picked itself up to swipe a paw across my chest as well. That wound was deeper than that of my back, going through my very bones, and only just barely nicking my heart, but it wasn't enough to kill. At least I didn't think it would be, but the pain that I was going through was pure torture, and that alone was enough to kill. It felt like the wolf's blood was flowing lava as it entered and flowed over my wounds. 

Hmm you're lasting longer than I thought you would, and sadly I have run out of time. Maybe Fate had sent me the perfect replacement for my purpose to live on after all. The wolf creature said and it angled it's head down to sink it's jaws into my throat. All I remember feeling was the burning pain of it's blood infecting my wounds and the sudden pain of the creatures teeth sinking into my neck before nothing...I was plunged into a world of darkness. Have I finally died? Is this it? 

No there was something there, waiting, and..

(Enemies left: 0)

Wait, Zero? What happened to the feline creature? What happened to Charm? I needed to get back to her, but I couldn't move. My body felt like it was changing somehow, but what was happening? I couldn't feel, see, or hear anything. I didn't know what was happening to me, and it was a scarier feeling than anything I've ever known. I didn't know if I even wanted to know what was happening, nor be conscious while it happened. 

Suddenly I saw something in the edge of my mind. What was that? It didn't seem like it was bad, but I couldn't tell if it was good either. It suddenly sprang towards my conscious mind and I opened my eyes and jumped to my feet. Or at least I tried to. The first thing I noticed was the snout of a wolf jutting out of my face, that was my mouth. I knew that subconsciously from the start, but that meant that a lot of other things have changed as well haven't they?

I looked down and saw that I wasn't the same at all anymore. I had fur covering every part of my body, even my crotch was no longer visible . It was just a bump of tuft of raised hair where my privates would be, but at least I've stayed male. There were a lot of old books and shows where something big, like this, happened to the main character and they ended up changing gender because they changed race. My clothes were looser now, which was strange, shouldn't they have been torn apart or something? Oh wait, my pants just fell off, and my shirt is already ruined, so I guess I don't need that anymore. My new fur was pitch black, so dark that I assumed if I was in a tunnel or cave with absolutely no or even very little light, I would blend in perfectly with the shadows.

My arms and legs were now rippling with power every time I moved them in any way, and the tips of my hands and feet were now tipped with three inch long sharp claws like the ones the other wolf had, but they looked sharper somehow. 

I came to a sitting position and brought my claw-tipped hands up to my face. I opened my mouth and touched the tips of my teeth to feel how sharp they were, and with a slight tap they easily broke my own skin and drew a blood, of which quickly disappeared and was sucked back into my finger as the wound healed immediately. So my teeth were extremely sharp, good to know, and I wasn't going to even test my claws due to my assumption that they were equally as strong and sharp as my teeth were now, but what I didn't realize is that my canines were different than normal. 

When I looked up from the ground after feeling what had changed with my head, and I immediately thought that it was going to be strange getting used to having to bit things further from my eyes now, as well as the fact that my ears could move around so freely now. I had hands that seemed like they were formed in the basic anatomy of that of human hands so I could grip things easily and crush things just as well, and I was glad that I didn't have wolf-like hands because those would've sucked to have when I was trying to hold or grab onto things. 

(Race Changed: Monster)
(Species changed: Human Male --> ____)
(Afflicted with Blood Curse)

What did that mean? I went to try and stand, but the gashes in my chest and back hadn't apparently been healed entirely and they flared up in pain when I tried to stand and then a different kind of pain assaulted my body. It felt like something was forcing it's way into my bones, and spreading from the base of my neck outwards. 

I let out an involuntary roar of pain as the needles of pain forced their way through my skull and ribs making it's way down my legs and I managed to stay awake through the process. Though Barely. 

(New Species Created: Blood Pup)
(Level Reduced to 1)
(Title's Gained: Fenrir's Legacy, Cursed One, Vampire) 
(New Status Acquired)

What was this?! Status? New Race? What was a Blood Pup and why did I have the Vampire title? Oh no, I hope that I can still eat normal food. Suddenly I remembered that I had someone else that I was stuck down here with and when I finally got to my feet I was expecting to fall forwards, or at least be disoriented because I had changed so much. 

I didn't expect the Stalagmites to be taller than me.

I looked over at the seemingly towering formation and then I looked down at myself. I was small?! Why did this happen and why did my shirt look so much worse than I imagined? 

"Okay. Okay. Okay." I said aloud trying to voice out my disbelief, "You are clearly imagining this, like people do in those movies where something bad happens to them and they think its all a dream, but it ends up being real and..." I growled and punched the stalagmite next to me.

The impact made the entire formation explode and I looked at in surprise. That certainly wasn't something I was able to do before. I walked around the stalagmites and over to where I assumed Charm was judging by her scream of pain from earlier and the first thing that I saw was two paw-like feet sticking out from behind a, now tall, stalagmite. 

I crouched low just in case it was still a monster of some kind, but the voice in my head said that there were no more enemies left to kill so it must've only been me and Charm in this cave at the moment. I peeked out from behind a stalagmite at the figure seemingly sitting down and I saw that there was a creature similar in height to me but feline and it's fur seemed to be glowing like lava. 

"Charm?" I whispered hoping that this wasn't my friend and she was really somewhere else, still human and that the cat creature hadn't done something to her like what the wolf creature did to me. The creature sitting against a Stalagmite mumbled something before their eyes shot open and they lept into the air with inhuman grace, balancing on the tip of a Stalagmite. It was a flatter headed stalagmite, but it was still much thinner than either of our legs. 

My eyes widened at the same time as theirs we both seemed to realize that who was in front of us. I was looking at Charm! She was changed just like me, and with that her mind caught up with her reactions and she fell off of the point of the stalagmite with a very feline yowl and there was a thump on the other side of her body impacting with the cold, hard cave room floor. 

I looked around and saw that the doors out of the room had now opened again but that wasn't the top thing on my mind at the moment. I walked around the pillar in front of me and to where I assume the thing that was Charm had fallen and peeked around at her once again. 

"Owowow" the feline creature rubbed her tail and butt trying to soothe the pain that was there but when she caught me watching she stopped and met my eyes. We stayed like that for quite a while, just staring at each other awkwardly, and then I stepped out from behind the Stalagmite and lent a hand out. Oh did I mention that I had a tail now too, I didn't? Well I don't need to wear anything anyways now so...What was this thinking, I am not an animal!

"I'm guessing that the cat creature turned you as well and died in the process or something?" I asked stuffing that earlier thought away and she nodded taking my hand and letting me lift her back up. 

"It was a lot more painful than she said it would be." Charm said, "She talked about me having a strong soul or something and that I should be able to handle the process, oh and she also said that that this place was called a dungeon and it was keeping her trapped with that wolf creature in a never-ending fight with those rat creatures." 

"That must've sucked" I said and she looked at me in shock

"You look so much like it so much now, but your different too at the same time." She said and I cocked my head curiously. 

"How so?" I asked and she pointed to her own ears sticking from the top of her head while looking at mine.

"Well your ears are blood red along the sides to a small patch at the tip, your eyes and claw tips are also red, and you look like you're bleeding now, but I don't smell what I would imagine blood should smell like, so maybe it's a pattern?" She said and I looked at myself and agreed. Even though my fur was pitch black still from before, I had been affected by that curse that the rat had inflicted upon me and it seemed to influence the change further because there was now what looked like dripping lines of red fur at the base of my neck and along my sides and legs. Making my fur look like I was always either in a fight, or always bleeding. That was definitely going to be irritating in the future, especially if I am forced to hunt or if any need arises to where we need to go into a town or city. 

"Yeah, I think the rats that the wolf and feline creatures were fighting put a curse on me and it caused my change to go another step and turn me into something called a Blood Pup" I said to her and she oh'd and rocked her head back and forth. 

"So does that mean that you're a vampire or something?" she asked and I tilted my head. She was right I didn't know what it meant, what was a Blood Pup anyways. 

(Request Granted)
(Displaying Blood Pup Race information):

Only a few in existence around the world, monsters of rarity so high whenever encountered they are often dragged from their dens and either forced into slavery or killed for their hides. A Blood Pup is a deviant species from the Wolf Pup, a lupine creature that, instead of relying on just strength and deadliness to maul their ways through battlefields. Blood Pups are also able to use their own or other's Blood as a weapon, like that of other Blood Race Species, as well as their natural strength and deadly weapons. 

A Blood Pup is able to cut a steel sword in half with an enhanced strike, but beware, for every ounce of blood spent to attack or defend, an equal and likely greater amount is needed within a short period of time after expense or a Blood Pup will go into a frenzy that rivals that of a Low Tier Demon. More information can be found in Blood Pup's Status).

3