9 — One-Sided Battle
147 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The army looked at the door flying past them along with their commander and a quarter of their battle-force in shock. Then they got a glimpse of Red, Black, and Gold as the Blood Pup and Illusion Kit went rushing through their ranks. 

For level and strength differences surprise attacks really did a number on who has the upper hand in the battle, sure the Small army of Warriors and Mages before them were very combat ready and some even had experience, but the Pup and Kit were going too fast for even the best of them to keep up with. 

One moment a Warrior was looking around trying to find the golden feline that was cutting his fellow warriors down and the next there was two Glowing Amber eyes in front of his and the next he found himself looking at his own falling body and the Feline had moved to the next warrior. 

The Blood Pup on the other hand was taking his time with the ill prepared Mages in close combat. His Blood-Enhanced claws easily tore through their robes, skin, muscle, bone, and even some enchantments with little resistance and in no time he was dispatching the healers of the army at the very back. The Pup’s claws tore into the throat of a mage near the middle of the small army and decided that this would probably be the best time to use the skill he hasn’t really bothered to use at all for a while. 

The blood of the fallen mages around the Pup started to float towards him where it circled like a crimson vortex. The Pup ran a hand through the vortex surrounding him even licking some of the blood gathered on his claws relishing in its taste. 

A second later the blood rose up and formed into a giant Crimson Spear and conveniently six Mages standing in a line tasted first-hand what it could do and only did it stop when the tip had embedded itself into the tree behind them all. After a few moments it dissolved back into a puddle of blood adding to the blood of the newly killed Mages. The new blood then floated towards the Blood Pup and started to circle around him again in a vortex once again.

As it moved around him the blood slowly changed into a small spikes that clinked when they tapped each other whilst floating around the Pup but when the last living Mage lifted a hand and started to cast a spell one of the spikes shot forwards, piercing said magic user's chest. Having gone too fast to react to and soon he fell to the floor, dead. 

Suddenly the door, or rather the blockade he'd punched out earlier came flying back towards him. The blood surrounding him liquefied again to form a shield attached to his arm. The Blood Pup braced as the door hit the shield forcing him to dig in his claws, but even then the door still forced him back a few feet. The shield on his fist was forced into the door forming a new dent on its surface and causing the Pup's arm to become stuck. 

“That’s was close.” The Pup breathed letting the blood liquefy and stepping aside as the door dropped with a thud beside him. The blood once again returned to a shield like state and he also enhanced his free hand's claws for good measure. A moment later the Illusion Kit appeared at the Pup’s side checking on him as The General came into view, pissed off and bloody all over. 

“That was very dirty you stupid mutt.” He growled gripping the over-sized sword with one hand, dragging it behind him as he walked towards the two. The edge digging on the ground cutting through broken branches, trees, and men alike as if they were warmed butter. 

-----------------------------

I noticed that I felt a little tired and looked at my mana to see that it was now down to 1000 with the Blood-Mana being at nearly 400 but decreasing steadily per second. I had also leveled up Blood Manipulation three times in that fight and it was almost at the cap for it, of which I didn’t know if it would turn into something better or stay the way it was until I evolved, or what I assume to be evolving somehow. Hopefully it would evolve on it's own and I would just be able to just choose when I could evolve it. I saw that out of the mages that I killed, they only got me up to level 23/25 so hopefully beating this human General guy would help me over the edge for that too. 

I refocused on the General person as he looked around at his fallen soldiers and then he raised up the giant sword and held it with both hands. Why is it people with super big weapons look so slow but they are actually be super fast and dangerous in times like this? Like fighting a stone Giant or Statue only to realize you can't see it striking and have already died. Saw that in a movie once, it was very gory but the character's reactions were hilariously priceless.

He lowered the blade, with one hand I might add, and pointed it at us angrily. 

“You are both going to pay for this you brats.” He yelled and I just continued to licking a little more blood off from my claws as the vortex swirled around me. The blood tasted a little duller than it had earlier, and I guessed that Blood-Related skills had expiration settings. Like maybe I could only control Blood while it was still alive for the moment and my mana only delayed its decaying process, and in order for it to keep strong it needed fresh sources nearby or something strong enough to sustain it anyways. 

I looked over to Charm and saw that she wasn’t holding my Blood Blades anymore. I guess that they expired sometime during her fight, and her claws were all bloody as well so she'd been perfectly fine even after her weapons failed her. 

Suddenly the General disappeared from where he was standing. Surprisingly though I was able to follow his movements quite easily though. He wasn’t nearly as fast as I thought he would’ve been, and that was a bit of a surprise. Did I really injure him so much that it affected his speed too just by surprise attacking him with a door?

If I did really injured him that badly then he must’ve broken something, and either it was still healing or he just healed that quickly but was still slower than anticipated. I tracked his movement as he appeared at my side mid swing, and before he got close I closed the distance to him and swiped his neck with my slightly extended reach. 

His eyes widened in surprise and he was able to block the strike, but he wasn't able slow down and my sudden attack made him trip over himself and go flying forwards. As he passed me mid crash I formed another blade in the opposite paw using the blood from the reformed shied and slashed at his open back. Creating a long gash going from his right shoulder to the left side of his waist. I was a little surprised that Chloe wasn't joining in on this as she had the perfect build and class for getting surprise hits in on this guy. 

His cry of pain was the only sound I got before it was overrode by the sound of his body as it was broken and tossed around like a rag doll, breaking through trees and even some stones. Finally he crashed into the side of a cliff, and from the sound of it the entirety of his spine shattered as he hit the wall. He probably broke a few ribs and other things as well but seeing that he was no longer a danger I let my Blood-Enhancements turn into puddles of vitality. We walked past his giant sword, which was stuck halfway up the blade through a tree and after a little struggling I found that it was too heavy for even me to budge, so I left it alone and joined Chloe as she walked on.

May this be a marker of the great battle we had today I thought using Telepathy to allow Charm to hear it as well, and she looked over at the sword before suddenly swiping it a few times with Sonic Slash and while it didn’t go through the metal the sword was made of it made some pretty nice marks on the metal.

I decided to add a little of myself to this monument as well and round-house kicked the side of the blade using a slight strength boost to at least crack it. Instead I shattered the entire top of the sword up to the handle leaving just the tip of the blade left in the tree and the pieces to fall to the ground spread and sparkling in the sunlight. 

(New skill Gained: Shattering Kick) 

Cool I got a new skill by doing that and surprisingly this one didn’t have a Blood-Enhanced version of it either. I noticed that Charm was going in for the final kill, of which I planned on letting her have anyways, but I wanted to ask the guy a question first. 

I stepped towards the general and then knelt in front of him while his bloodied face glared at me hatefully. 

“I’m not going to ask you to beg me for mercy or anything like that because frankly I expected you to be a little more of a challenge even if hurt as bad as you were. But maybe I should start assuming less and actually doing. Though that iron door must’ve been really painful even if you have some really quick way to heal yourself up.” I could see shock in the human’s eyes that didn't show on his face but I just spread my claws and walked towards him, “Obviously we are going to be killing you because you tried to chain us up like wild animals. We may look like  monsters, now, but that doesn't mean we should be treated as such.” 

I could see the shock clearly on his face now with the potentiality that we were once human having been revealed, but I didn't care and moved on.

“Yeah I couldn’t believe my own eyes either before but here we are and I don't think there's a way of changing it either. Me and my friend here were teleported here from another world, and we would've probably been having a better time if it wasn't for that stupid dungeon. Actually everyone inside our school was devoured by some kind of giant living black blob that, after devouring the school and everyone in it, turned into what I assume is mana particles that made the area look like it was never touched. And an army came not long afterwards too and did nothing!" The man was coughing lots of blood now and wheezing, but he also looked like he wanted to say something. 

“What?” I decided to ask and the human coughed more blood out and spoke raspily. 

“We had thought that the runes hadn’t worked—*more coughing*—The army had re--reported that nothing was there, and then I got word that you two- I got word that you two showed up and capitalized on it. The--the council is probably planning on doing another ritual soon but to see if—*more blood filled coughing*—to see if the old rune has lost its power.'' The human got out and I sighed. Of course they were going to try it again, and more people from our or another world were more than likely going to die because of it. 

I stood and stepped aside and Chloe came over with her now clean claws out and vibrating fiercely. 

“Thanks for not being a stubborn asshole...apart from earlier.” I said crossing my arms and she took that as a sign to go ahead. A ripple of energy went through the air towards the general’s neck and only stopped when it hit the rock on the other side. 

His head didn’t fall though, it stayed as it was while the rest of the man's body went limp, but the eyes were still open and looking at us with shock, and I didn’t feel like touching the dead body to close them either, Surprisingly I also didn't feel anything in response towards what we'd just done to several people. Probably many of them with lives and families waiting for them somewhere, none of which would ever get to see them alive again. I was also a little surprised that no animals had tried to come by to eat anything yet. Jeez I wished me and Chloe had human still so that we could've avoided all of this. 

I suddenly realized that along with the area being bloody. Me and my friend were as well, her golden fur was spotted and streaked with blood-stains and my black fur was slightly redder than normal. Well other than the fact that I looked like I was always bloody anyways. 

“Which direction do you want to go now that we’re out?” I asked my friend and then remembered that I wanted to change our names and the agreement we'd come to in response to that. “I guess while were traveling we can figure out some new names for each other as well.” 

She must’ve remembered that we were doing that as well because she peeked up immediately and nodded. 

“Oh right! I completely forgot about that.” She said seemingly forgetting about all the carnage we'd caused earlier. Then she looked around, first at the dead around us and then at the mountain that rose up above the clouds, and pointed towards it. “Let’s go that way and hopefully having a higher vantage point will show us where to go easier than just choosing a random direction.” I looked at the mountains and agreed. 

“That's gonna be such a pain.” I grumbled following after her as she just started off in it's direction without hearing my opinion about it. On the way up the mountain we encountered a goat-like creature that looked at us once with pale grey eyes and it just jumped through a hole in the side of the mountain. A sickening thud that echoed up the tunnel and us both had stared at what the creature had just done in shock. Suddenly a bleating sound echoed up the same hole and I looked at Chloe whose head was tilted in confusion. 

I walked up to the hole cautiously with my claws at the ready and peered down, and all I saw the glowing white eyes of a creature from a very deep hole. I decided that this was where I stopped this investigation, and decided to do something potentially smart for once. I grinned at the creature, and then left the hole's entrance before going over to a decent sized rock on the side of the mountain and using my enhanced strength to pick up said rock and go over to the hole again. I looked at the creature one last time with another grin before slamming the entire stone on top. Causing it to crater into the ground halfway up the entirety of the Boulder I had grabbed and effectively plugging the hole and hopefully trapping whatever creature that was there for eternity.

“Okay, now that that potential danger is sealed up for the moment do you see anything in the distance that I can’t?” I asked and she looked at the hole for a moment before looking around and pointing in the direction we had just come and past it.

“It looks like there’s a few buildings of some kind over there.” She said and I growled softly, of course we would’ve gone the wrong way the first time. Now we have to go All The Way Back! I growled in annoyance and started heading back down the mountain after her. She really liked to go ahead on purpose, was she doing all of this to annoy me, or was she actually just that excited?  

1