Trapped in a Gate (2)
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dean rushed towards the rat and took a large swing at it's head, the axe sunk deep into its skull. The sight and smell were too much for him to handle. His lunch from earlier came rushing back out, a green puddle with chunks were vomited all over the black floor.

"Well, there goes my lunch."

Hunched over with his hands on his legs, Dean wiped his mouth with his sleeve and looked towards the disfigured woman that was once the rat's meal.

"Oh god."

Dean retched again, adding to the puddle of sick on the floor. He lost what was left of his lunch.

"Move you idiot!" Crescent shouted.

The rat let out a loud shriek. The axe still embedded into its skull as if it were a handle for it, blood spurted out of it. The rat thrashed from side to side, it's pink claws crushed and further destroyed the disfigured corpse.

"How is it still alive?!?" Dean fell onto his behind, his jeans and hands were submerged into the pool of sick he threw up not too long ago.

"Move!" She shouted again.

Dean's fingers slipped as he tried to crawl back, he was unable to grip onto the floor. The sick acted as a vile lubricant. His crawl back was a pathetic sight to watch. The rat continued to wildly trash back and forth in front of him. It's blood splashed all over his clothing. The rat's tail winded up and whipped out at Dean. The tail cut his chest and arms. Dean shouted, his voice was full of surprise; His clothes torn from the cut, his body was splashed in blood.

The rat collapsed to the ground; the rat had used what strength it had left. It's body spasmed on the floor, rubbing itself into the blood and sick.

Not even a minute later, its body calmed and seized up. It died on it's back. Blood trickled down from it's caved in skull, adding to the vile mess below.

"Are you okay?!?"

Crescent rushed over to Dean, she stepped into the puddle of sick and blood to check his wounds.

She pulled out a pail of water from her small magic pouch and poured it over Dean's wounds, cleaning the blood off his skin.

Ding!

A slightly green opaque window appeared in front of Dean and Crescent. Crescent paid it no mind, she quickly swiped it away.

 

[F Rank Rat defeated by Hunters: Dean, Crescent]

[F Gate mission clear requirements updated]

Wipe out the F ranked Rats: Incomplete (1/2500)

[Rewards being calculated...]

 

Another slightly black opaque window popped up in front of the green window that first appeared for Dean.

 

[Rewards consumed for System Bootup]

[...23% until system booted]

 

Bang!

The windows vanished from the impact; his vision flashed a second of white, Dean winced. Crescent had hit him on the back of his head with her book again.

"WOULD YOU STOP HITTING MY HEAD WITH YOUR BOOK!"

"I thought you was hit, idiot!" She whined as she raised her book high to hit him again.

"I was hit! By you! You hit me! Stop hitting me already! I'm going to have amnesia at this rate!"

Crescent started to tear up, she wiped her eyes. The rub from her hands made them red. Dean looked down at his torn clothes, surprised that the rat had not even scratched his skin.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have shouted."

"I wouldn't stand a chance here if it killed you!" She cried.

"Okay, okay. It'll be alright. Let's find the others and get out of here." Dean reassured her.

"... Yeah... yeah!. I just need to use the Rat's soul stone to refill my magic and this will be a walk in the park."

The rat's body dissolved into mist. The axe dropped and clinked against the floor. There was nothing left behind to show the rat was there, not even it's blood that was once covering the floor. The only things left were Dean's puddle of sick and the mess of blood and sick left on his clothes.

"Where's the drops? The rat should've left drops after it died. Shit, help me look for them." Crescent searched the tunnel around where the rat's corpse once was. She didn't find anything that could be useful or close to the rat's drops.

Dean tried to stand up. He slipped on the sick on his way up.

"Oh god, I think I'm going to throw up again."

Dean heaved as he stood up in the sick, his clothes were bloody and torn.

"I had half an hour left and I could go home and study, I'm not ready for this yet."

Dean picked up the axe from the floor and started to help search.

His appearance was pitifully tragic.

"Ready? Are you in one of those hunter university courses?" Crescent asked as she looked under one of the black rocks that littered the tunnels floor.

"Yeah, first year in the London Au. The one not too far from St. Paul's Cathedral."

"University is a waste of time, all they want is your money. I spent three years before I dropped out of my Hunter's course. Best decision I've ever made. You should leave it before it sucks the life out of you."

"... How old are you?" Dean asked, befuddled at the thought of this girl being younger than him and nearly finishing the course he took two years just to get in.

"Twenty-Two. Why?"

"WHAT! Twenty-Two? You look like you're sixteen. What the hell!"

"Yeah, about that... My awakening sent my body back to when it was sixteen..."

Dean felt apologetic.

Not all awakenings brought benefits for everyone, some even ruined lives.

He knew that very well.

"Sorry to hear that-"

"It's alright, I don't need your sympathy. I'm used to it by now. Just help me find this rat's soul stone." She cut him off. She didn't stop and continued to search through the tunnel.

Dean continued to help her search. He tried his best to not look at the corpse of the woman that was left behind.

"Oh god. Just do it over there! You stink!" Crescent warned him, she had her nose pinched.

Both of them continued to search through the tunnel, making sure to keep some distance between themselves.

...

Around 20 minutes later, there were still have no signs of anything that the rat could have dropped.

"Gahhh, it's useless. Any luck?" She asked Dean.

Crescent threw one of the black rocks at the light crystal wall, angry from spending so much time with nothing to show from it.

"Nothing over here... wait! Oh, never mind, it's just another rock."

Crescent crossed her arms and looked up at the glowing crystal ceiling. "Great."

Both of them were fed up with searching the barren tunnel, and they had a hunch that nothing was bound to pop up.

"What do we do now then?" Asked Dean.

It was a stupid question to ask when they already knew the answer.

"Should we continue down the tunnel?" Dean sighed, wishing he could just go home.

Crescent's face turned disgruntled. She walked around the torn corpse and led the way down the tunnel, making sure to keep a couple of feet ahead of Dean.

It wasn't the safest option, but in all honesty, she's always had trouble with the smell of sick and how it violated her nostrils.

Dean couldn't look at the corpse. It would risk him throwing up what was left in his stomach. He clasped his hands together and wished her the best in her next life. He felt sorry for her unfortunate fate. He knew not to ask much about the corpse as she will probably disappear when the Gate closed. Most things got lost within the closed Gates.

It made him ponder what happened to the things in the Gate when they were completed and vanished, do they cease existing or just get moved somewhere else?

No one knew the answer as none came back to tell the tale.

"Pick up the pace!" Warned Crescent.

Crescents warning snapped Dean back from his thoughts, he gave a slight nod to the corpse. "Amen."

He caught up to Crescent. Both of them continued their way down the cold winding tunnel.

...

Meanwhile, somewhere in a virtual chat room that spanned across the cosmos.

 

DarkLie24: "Do you think they'll die? I'm not going to be paying for the subscription if they don't have some gore soon."

ThornedEnd: "You know there would be one less channel if they die, DarkLie. Pray for their safety with me."

DarkLie24: "Gore is life. I pray for nothing but blood."

[User @DarkLie24 has gone offline]

GoldenSunKing: "Iiiii, eeee. Iiiii, uuuu."

ssShutEyeSss: "Who gave him alcohol?"

GoldenSunKing: "SsssshutEyessssss. Why  are you sooooooo brrreathtakingggg?"

ssShutEyeSss: "..."

**GoldenSunKing has been muted for eight hours. (Sober up pal, no one likes a drunkard.)**

Crippled_Raven: "@ThornedEnd Don't pray, a lot of fat help that'll do. Faith made me crippled."

ThronedEnd: "Argg, It's because you didn't pray enough!"

Crippled_Raven: "Keep preaching, I'm not listening!!!"

Burning_Scales: "You two always bicker, what would @The_Creator think?"

[The_Creator joined the chat.]

The_Creator: "Hmmm? Hello?"

[The_Creator changes the name of @Crippled_Raven to @BasmentDweller]

BasementDweller: "Who taught him that?!?!? >:("

BurningScales: ">:~D"

ThornedEnd: "hehehe!"

[The_Creator changes the name of @ThornedEnd to @MyCuteBabyBoy]

MyCuteBabyBoy: "Hey!"

The_Creator: "Love you!"

MyCuteBabyBoy: "... I love you too..."

The_Creator: "<3 :)"

[@The_Creator has left the chat]

BasementDweller: "HAHAHAHA!"

ssShutEyeSss: "..."

ssShutEyeSss: "When do the channels start?"

Burning_Scales: "Soon."

0