Last Man Standing (2)
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dean was sat on a counter in an abandoned M&S; most of the clothes and food had been ransacked. Everything was smashed or destroyed. Only a rare couple of things were still in an alright condition.

He was lucky enough to at least find something.

He wore a white shirt that seemed a little too loose, grey jogging bottoms, and black running shoes that were a bit too lavish for something you run in.

The clothes were thanks to someone who left them in a changing room, the owner of the clothes must have had a field day when the world changed. Maybe they took some expensive things that Dean could never even dream of. Dean wouldn't admit, but he was a little jealous, but beggars can't be choosers in his situation.

The floor was littered with used food wrappers. Luckily, Dean found a box that had fallen down the back of the shelves. He rummaged through it, chewing into a banana flavoured energy bar.

Dean heard a shout from the street outside the shop.

"Come out and fight me, or we're both dead!"

The shout startled Dean, sending him to the floor. The host made his way past M&S, calling him out.

Dean crawled to a window to peer outside. The host had the face of someone who would do something rather rash in an argument.

Dean felt like it was over for him. The host was massive. The man may be pampered from the lavish life that came from fame, but with a body like his, it wouldn't be a surprise if he were to be casted for an action movie.

Dean squinted his eyes, he thought how he would go about fighting the living action figure. His chances were grim.

A window popped up in front of Dean.

 

[DarkLie24 is bored with all the waiting.]

 

Another window popped up after the first.

 

[DarkLie24 requests more gore.]

 

A couple more windows appeared after each message was sent.

 

[GoldenSunKing looks forward to the battle.]

[SmallMoon has sent a gift for the entertainment.]

[SmallMoon looks forward to more entertainment.]

[You have received the skill: Sage's Eyes Lv1]

 

"What the hell is going on?" Dean was baffled at the windows constantly popping up. He thought missions appearing outside the gates was strange, but now he was receiving messages through the gate's windows... and who even are these people?

"COME OUT!" The host roared; his hands clenched. The guy's patience was growing thin. The shout spooked Dean, sending him back low to the ground.

Dean pushed thoughts of the Gate's windows to the back of his head and tried to focus on the now. What's he going to do about this fifteen-pound mass of muscle and testosterone shouting in the streets.

 

[Activating Sage's Eyes Lv1]

A window appeared in front of Dean.

[Collecting Information]

[Information collected]

[Character information]

Name: Frank Green

Age: 32

BackerBlood Dummy

Backer's Talent: Incite Fear Lv1, Create Autonomous Puppet Lv3

Skills: Puppeteer Lv2, Search Lv1

Titles: Entertainer, Liar, Commander

General Stats: Strength Lv5, Physique Lv3, Dexterity Lv2, Magic Lv6.

Bio: The host of a popular TV show. It's believed he can bring back the dead, but it's a clever lie. Instead, he is only able to create simple puppets out of the corpses, ones that'll only listen to his commands. He's different to the common necromancer, who can bring back the dead with their souls attached.

 

"What's this? He didn't even bring back the dead." Dean scratches his head, remembering how excited his friend was about the show.

Confused about the information that laid in front of him, he struggled to take it all in.

"Strength Lv5? Do I even come close to that?"

Dean lost a little hope. Things were looking grim. Someone with his frame couldn't put up much of a fight. He took a glance at himself in a shattered piece of mirror, unsure of himself.

 

[Activating Sage's Eyes Lv1]

[Collecting Information]

[Information collected]

[Character information]

Name: Dean Dough

Age: 19

Backer: None

Backer's Talent: None

Skills: Gallantry Lv1, Sage's Eyes Lv1, Protect Lv1

Titles: Resurrector, Guard, Student

General Stats: Strength Lv3, Physique Lv1, Dexterity Lv4, Magic Lv0.

Bio: A hunter student that used to protect low ranked gates as a side job. He has recently been resurrected after dying at the hands of F ranked rats. Not much is special about this person, except for coming back from the dead - barely a threat.

 

"What? What do you mean I died?"

A sharp pain stabbed Dean in the back of his mind, making him hold his head in response.

Flashes of him on black stone, surrounded by thousands large black rats, and a muscular rat twice their size flash through his head. The rest of the memories were a blur covered in static.

The pain made Dean disorientated and nauseous, a cold sweat ran down his forehead.

"What the hell was that?"

The walls in front of Dean erupt inward as a large piece of rubble comes crashing through, shooting the brick and cement into the shop. The impact sent Dean sliding across the floor.

"Found you." Frank said with a smile. Anger seeped through the fake expression on his face.

Frank stood in the hole in the wall, his shirt sleeves rolled up revealing his bulging arms. He looked down at his Rolex watch and back up to Dean with wild eyes. His face turned from a smile to animalistic aggression. The change revealing the flood of anger he let consume him.

"Ten minutes left. Stay still." Frank told Dean as he activated a skill.

 

[Frank has activated Incite Fear Lv1]

[Frank strikes fear into Dean's core]

 

The skill froze Dean, making him unable to move. Frank seemed to grow bigger and more monstrous in Dean's eyes, terrifying him.

Frank approached Dean. He dragged wreckage behind him, but he wasn't holding it with his hands directly. It seemed more like he had dragged it with an invisible rope attached to it.

Dean didn't move an inch, the fear froze him on the spot.

The monstrous Frank smirks revealing sharp razor like teeth, his eyes were set ablaze. He winded his arm back and swung it down, the large pile of rubble following his motion.

It flew into the air and then came crashing down over Dean, creating a large hole in the ground. The shopping aisles toppled down like dominos by the impact. Debris rised, leaving a thick cloud through the shop.

 

[Gallantry Lv1 Activated]

[Your mind has prepared for battle; your courage has increased]

[Incite Fear Lv1 neglected]

 

Dean snapped out of the fear, Frank's appearance shrunk back to normal in his eyes.

Frank grinned, "Finally it's over-"

Thwack!

Frank got hit hard against the back of his head. Blood came dripping down from the wound.

"Hah!" Dean shouted, holding a metal pipe in his hand.

Frank turned his head, blood flowed down his forehead and dripped into his eyes.

Dean's eyes were shocked. He thought it would kill the man, or at least take him down, but it didn't even make him stumble.

Frank picked Dean up by his neck, lifting him off his feet. Frank snarled through his bloodied teeth, he punched Dean in the stomach, sending him flying across the floor.

Dean's back hit a wall; the impact of the punch made him cough up blood. The blood splated across the floor. Dean stumbled to his feet, heaving from being winded by the punch. He spat the remaining blood from his mouth onto the floor and readied his metal pipe. Dean's posture now weak and his breathing coarse.

Frank touched his bloodied face then looked at his finger. He flashed his teeth and peered directly into Deans eyes.

"You're going to suffer for that."

0