Prologue
101 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There were many casualties during the devastating third world war; Resources were scarce, and the human spirit was almost gone. Until the nations of the world realized that annihilation would surely come if they continue this war.

The world leaders gathered to put down their weapons and accept peace. And created a unique and never been seen alliance in all of humanity’s history – They created “The Federation of Earth.”

The world knows that humanity cannot be formed in a unified culture with different ideologies and individuality. Just forcing one’s society to adopt another culture is the sole reason for the third war. These past mistakes paved the way for creating a new world government, where cultures can exist side by side and live-in peace and maintain co-operation from different sides. This, for them, is undoubtedly the best solution of all.

 


 

Centuries have passed. Because of the alliance, technological development began to rise from data storage expansion to quantum computing. It seems that humanity has no limits.

From such technological progress, a group of researchers wondered about the idea of artificial intelligence helping humanity. For sure, such technology already exists, from cars to robots. But what they are thinking of is something much more significant. An Artificial Intelligence that can protect humanity from extinction.

They’re worried about the fact that the human heart is unpredictable. Lies and deception still ran amok within the federation. They feared war, nuclear annihilation, dictatorship, and much more. They wanted to have everlasting peace for the human race. But for that to work, there must be someone, something that can be the check and balance to prevent something like that from happening...

And from that, they have concluded that a singular, non-biased entity must be the one in charge of humanity’s safety – An Artificial Intelligence.

 


 

After fifty years of development, the classified project, hidden from the public and the federation’s eye, has been completed. And they are ready to show it to the world.

On July 4th, 4001. E.I.P.A – short for “Earth’s Intelligent Protector Agent.” It was showcased to the public at United Town Hall, Washington, Northern America.

The people were amused and ecstatic of humanity’s intelligence and wonder. For long ago, the fear of A.I. was daunting to everyone’s mind. But now – Humanity has conquered that fear to protect themselves.

And for once, they felt something within their hearts, something that no one has ever thought of for a hundred years. They felt nationality and a sense of pride. It seems that the power of E.I.P.A. has made them feel powerful and secured from all enemies. That the once weak and immature homo sapiens is now the dominant force of the whole solar system.

 


 

E.I.P.A.’s capabilities we’re extraordinary. By just giving it a complex problem regarding humanity’s future, the A.I. can quickly create a solution in a matter of hours.

But such power comes at a great price. The temperature regulators cannot handle the rising overheating problem of the A.I. From such powerful computations, it needs to be operated in a freezing environment. Some have suggested to launch it to space. But that also creates another problem. “How far in space should they place it?”

Even if put in space, putting it near Earth will likely have the same overheating problem due to the escaping molecules heated from the Earth. They would also need to place the A.I. in a stabilized environment. The A.I. cannot also be disturbed by asteroids or solar storms from the Sun.

After so much debate, they have concluded - to put the A.I. on the surface of Pluto. A distance which is far away from the Sun to get the right temperature. And a stabilized surface for it to compute calculations safely.

 


 

On July 4th, 4011. On E.I.P.A’s 10th anniversary, it will be launched in space powered by light-based rockets. On its destination towards Pluto.

3...2...1, LAUNCHED!

The federation people looked above the rocket carrying the future of humanity with hope and pride.

For one day, when Earth will need it the most. It will surely come for humanity’s rescue, especially when the first contact with aliens is about to happen…

6