Chapter 1
24 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The door to the coffee shop jingled open as I lifted my head up from cleaning the counter, a smile crept onto my face as I saw who it was.

"Hey," she said shyly as she stood in front of me, smiling.

Gosh, she looked beautiful.

" Hello M'lady," I grinned and bowed, tipping my hat down, a goofy grin on my face.

"Who is it?" Angel, our manager called from the back.

" it's Cameron's Wife, Emily!" Elliot responded.

" She's not my wife!" We both said in unison.

"Yet," I muttered under my breath as I smiled and then asked.

"So, what brings you to our little lovely establishment this fine afternoon?"

"Wanted to see when my lovely girlfriend got off work," Emily replied, smiling, how pretty she looked.

"You guys are so adorable." Elliot cooed as he took a chair from one of the tables and sat on it watching us, looking content, happy.

"I get off in half an hour love," I responded as I finished the table and leaned against the counter, unbuttoning my purple flannel shirt as I left the white T-shirt exposed.

"Hot.." I heard Emily mutter and I turned my head towards her as I reached behind the counter to grab my water bottle.

"The weather," she blushed." It's hot outside."

I merely hummed and nodded, chuckling at her expression, as Angel walked back out from the backroom, her black hair in a high messy bun, wearing a yellow and white flower dress with accompanying light yellow shoes, a tabby cat with white patches on its fur followed behind her.

"Does Ellie have to be here?" Elliot said, annoyed at the cat as he turned the AC higher, while I fawned and petted the cat.

"Yes Elliot she has to, you know my parents are in town," and she sighed looking sad for a moment.

Elliot didn't complain about the cat again, we all knew the situation with our boss and her parents.

"So," I piped up, picking up Ellie and stroking her fur." Any plans for the afternoon?"

"Yes, in fact..." she glanced at the watch on her wrist." I should get going, I have a few errands to run and I don't want to be late."

"Go ahead." Elliot smiled.
"Yea, me and Elliot will clean up and lock the store," I added as Emily played with the cat.

"You guys are lifesavers." She smiles at us as she nodded before hurrying out, leaving us three in the store.

1