Chapter 5
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Joe Pov

Feeling myself being shaken my eyes shot open as my body continued thrashing, still trapped in that nightmare.

“Hey hey, you’re safe, Joe you’re safe.” David’s voice brought me back to reality, his arms stroking my hair, as he held me tight, my heavy breathing ringing in my head. 

I sighed as I sat up, Davids arms still around me, the ringing finally subsiding.

“Sorry” I mumbled, burying my head into his shoulder as I clung to his shirt as he stroked my hair. After a few minutes, he got up and draped his jacket over me. Out of instinct, I grabbed his sleeve.

“I’m going to make us hot chocolate, I’ll be right back.” He smiled and kissed my forehead before heading to the kitchen.

Feeling uneasy after the repeating nightmare I dragged my feet to the kitchen, pulling Davids’s jacket tighter around me as I leaned against the counter.

He looked so handsome, tall, chocolate hair, wearing one of my T-shirts and shorts, just perfect.

“You’re drooling,” David said, causing me to jump slightly, blushing. Smiling, he continued to make the hot chocolate.

Sneaking up behind him I hugged him, standing up on my toes to try and rest my head on his shoulder, and failing because of my height. I ended up just resting my head on his back as I hugged him tightly.

Putting down the mugs, David turned to face me, my arms still wrapped around him, and hugged me, resting his chin on my head.

“I’m not a pillow,” I pouted as the blush returned to my face.

He merely hummed and ran his fingers through my hair his hug tightening.

“I miss you.” He mumbled.

“But I’m right here.”

“Yea, but I still miss you, I want you to stay here,” David mumbled as he pulled me closer, I could smell his shampoo, vanilla, and flowers.

“I want you to stay forever.”

“Me too,” I mumbled.

After David somehow managed to make the hot chocolates with me still clinging to him, we ended up back in the living room, the mugs on the table, still hugging.

“I need to get something,” David hummed.

I still clung to him.

“It’s something for you,” David said as he stroked my cheek. “ it’s a surprise.”

Reluctantly I let him go to get what he needed as I wrapped his jacket around me, wondering If I could somehow sneak it home with me, to add to the other jackets and hoodies I’d borrowed.

Still deep in thoughts on how to sneak the jacket back home,  I heard the couch shift its weight as I felt arms snake around me, causing me to flinch as my eyes darted to see who it was.

“You ok?” David asked, worry evident in his eyes, his arms loosened slightly as he shifted to sit closer to me. 

“You’ve been having nightmares more often…” he trailed off

I merely nodded, knowing that he’d worry if he found out, I was surprised he hadn’t already, with me waking him up after we’d fallen asleep chatting with my screams of terror and him having to comfort me every time, I was starting to feel guilty.

“Yea,” I muttered. “Still can’t find the cause.”

Lies

“If you want to talk about it, you know I’m here.” David smiled as he ruffled my hair lightly

I hummed, resting my head on his chest, wincing at the pain that decided to return, knowing I’d have to change the bandages again at some point.

“There’s a surprise for you in my room.”  My mood perked up at that news as I stood up, heading for his room.

His room was relatively small, kind of like a closet, yet it felt calming, from the paintings on the brown wall adorned with fairy lights, to the fluffy brown carpet on the floor, to the bookshelf where a few of the books that I’d given to him as a gift stood propped up.

I smiled, as I sat onto his bed, wincing as I immediately sat up, taking off his jacket and my shirt, glancing down, the bandages were soaked as I sighed slumping down the foot of the bed.

“Are you ok in the-” Davids voice cut off, directing my gaze to the door I saw him standing there, a look of horror and worry on his face.

0