Chapter 6
224 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        After I finished my food I returned to class. I had been thinking about it over the past few days and with how Yua started ghosting me, now is the time for getting closer with Okuda. The first speed bump I have to deal with is his father. If I start coming to school on time and be nice to him by offering to help with things that should do the trick. Maybe after say a week, should be enough to tell him that I'm improving and that I would be a good influence around his son.

     After school I walk home, secretly hoping to find Yua waiting for me, but as I suspected she wasn't there. When I got home I was surprised to find out that my mom was home. It seems like she's talking with someone, but I didn't go to see who it was, instead, I went straight to my room. A week passes by with nothing of interest happening. Over the past couple of days I been doing all I could to improve my relationship with Okuda's father. I get ready, make my lunch, and go to school. I arrive on time like I have all week and do my usual routine. At some Mr.Okuda motions to me as if he has something important to tell me. 

" Over the past couple of days I feel like you have to take what I have said to heart and I feel like I can trust you with this" Said Mr.Okuda.

 "What is it?" I said now curious.

 "Takaoka, let me finish before you interrupt, I forgot to give this to my son, can you give it to him?" Mr.Okuda pulls out a nondescript white box and hands it to me. 

"You can count on me, sir." 

      After saying that I leave the room and head to Okuda. When I got in there, the class didn't really seem to be doing much, everyone was split up doing their own thing. As I scanned the room, I noticed that Okuda was by himself. I walked up to him and handed him the box.

 "This is from for dad, he said he forgot to give it to you." 

"Oh, thanks"

"By the way, Okuda, do you have a phone?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I."

"I just that that with how protective he is with you he might not let you have one. Anyways can I get your number?"

"Sure that sounds fine."

"Thanks and here's mine."

"Thank you"

"Well see you later."

      I return to class and continue on with the rest of my school day. My walk home should have been like any other day. On my way home I saw a guy. He wasn't ugly or creepy looking and certainly not very hot. Just someone more attractive than average. The kind of guy you would glance at and then pass by, or that's how it was supposed to go. However, instead of that, I got: "Hey there cutie, you got a boyfriend?"

This guy seems to have gotten a big ego from his little bit of attractiveness and seems to think he could get any girl he wants.

"I'm not I'm not interested."

"Oh, come don't be like that I'm sure you'd like me once you got to know me."

As he said that he put his arm around my neck to my other shoulder.

"Learn to take a hint guy"

"Just give me a chance"

"Fine, let's go to that alley over there so we can do something really fun together."

He looked surprised but really into the idea.

"Then let's go," he said while grinning.

       We both head into the alley. Usual a girl wouldn't accompany a random guy in anally way, but I had confidence in my fighting ability to defend myself.  I did 2 years of mixed martial arts I'm middle school and still practice pretty often.

"So what did you have mind?"

"What did you?"

Well, I don't wanna seem like I'm rushing things but I thought we could—."

Before he could finish his sentence, I took out a sharpened pencil and held it up to his neck while pushing him against a wall. 

"Wasn't expecting this was you?"

"Why are you acting so tough all of a sudden, what could you possibly do with a pencil."

"Well, a pencil is considerably duller than a knife so it requires more effort to stab with it, which causes it to hurt like hell. Not to mention the splinters you get from it and the lead will most likely break off inside of you, which could cause an infection."

"I see"

"So I would suggest that you leave me alone, Alright."

"That sounds good"

      I let off of him and starts walking out of the alley when he grabs me from behind. This might hold someone normally bit I know many wrestling move to get out of this. I sink my hips and push my bodyweight into him. While I'm doing this I push his hands down and break his grip. Now at this point, I could run away, but I'm going to teach this guy not to Fuck with me. Turn to face him and get into a wrestling stance, which is kinda like crouching while keeping your arms as close to your body as you can. He attempts to grab me again but I'm ready this time.

     I do something similar to the "wax on wax off" thing from the karate kid but I use my right arm to grab his elbow and get behind him.  Now while on the left side of his body I put my left arm around his neck and grab my right arm. Then I wrap my right leg around his left leg and I slam him down to the ground. I think I knocked the breath out of him because he was lying there wheezing. "Now, don't fuck with me from now on."

      After that, I leave the alley and continue my walk home. When I got home I noticed that my mother wasn't home.  It's not that unusual, I thought as I made my way to my room. One inside I work on my homework until I start texting with Okuda. I text with him for a bit, asking questions about what he can cook and getting some advice on cooking from him. 

    After that, I asked him if he'd like to go somewhere together this weekend. He said he wouldn't mind going as long as his dad is okay with it. Don't worry I'll handle it, besides I think he likes me a lot better than he did. We texted back and forth a bit more after that and then I went to sleep. 

The next day Yua is still avoiding me, but this didn't faze me. I was dead set on making sure I was going to go on a date with Okuda.

I got to homeroom Early so I could talk with Mr.Okuda.  

"Hey, Mr.Okuda"

"What is it Takaoka?"

"Well, I was wondering if you would be okay with me and Okuda going somewhere together?"

"And where did you have in mind to go?"

"There's this chef who's doing a cooking exhibit, I thought we could go there this weekend."

"Hmmm..., I guess that's fine.

     I spent the rest of the school day in anxious anticipation. When I got home I immediately texted Okuda. I told him his dad was ok with it and that it was at 2 pm on Saturday. He seemed excited. He also told me that I had to pick him up. Usually it that guy that picks up the girl but I don't mind.

Our date was set.

4