Chapter 8
166 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Where am I?

It's dark and I can't see a thing. Am locked in a room or something? I walked around to try and find a wall or something other than emptiness but I found nothing. What's going on? As I tried to wrap around what was going on, I heard a voice speak to me.

"Why did you do it?"

I turned towards the voice and to my surprise I found Yua standing in front of me, However, there was something off about her. She seemed kind of grey and a little blurry too. Her eyes were black voids that seemed to swallow up my gaze. What am I looking at? I knew this was Yua but she was her appearance alone. Suddenly "Yua" interrupts my thoughts once again.

"You're a murderer." 

"How could you kill your own father?"

"Did you really think I would be friends with a murderer?"

"I don't ever want to see you again."

Yua seemed to vanish in thin air, almost as if she wasn't there, to begin with. All of a sudden I felt like I was falling. Three was still nothing I could see so it was just feeling.  Wait, I think I can see some below me. It appeared to be a Cemetery. There was an open grave that looked like it had been freshly dug and I falling straight to it. I started to panic but I couldn't do anything to save myself. When I fell closer to the grave I noticed that quite a few people were standing around it. I saw my mother, Yua, Okuda, Mr.Takehiko as well as some other school staff, and a lot more that I didn't know. 

Getting closer and closer to the ground I looked to the crowd once more, this time I noticed that they all hope the same empty eyes the Yua had. *BAM* I got to the ground with a loud bang, but surprisingly it didn't hurt. I stood up in the grave and heard a crack at my feet. Beneath me was a skeleton. But whose was it? I looked up at the tombstone that belongs to the grave I was in and what I saw horrified me. It was my father's. Why's was I in my father's grave?

None of this makes any sense. What's going on? The people surrounding the grave got closer. They all had shovel's in their hands. Each one of them started to shovel dirt into the grave trying to bury me alive. "Wait, stop. Why are you doing this?" I said but was met with no response. Was I really gonna die here? As the dirt came in, I started to see less and less. Next to me was my father's skeleton and it seemed to be the only thing that comforted me, almost as if he were still alive. And this strange comfort seemed to tell me that it was okay to let go. Soon I was almost completely covered and with my last few breaths, I screamed.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHH"

I woke up in a cold sweat. This is my room. So, was that all a dream? 

 

That dream was probably due to that letter. I should resolve this mystery as soon as possible. Today was Sunday and tomorrow was the last week of school before the summer break. I should do this today and then have a memorable last week of school with Okuda.

So she, whoever that is, wants me to go to my father's grave. Once there I'll be able to figure out where the key goes.  She'll most likely be there waiting for me so I should be careful. What should I bring? 

Some pepper spray and my phone and the key. What else? Oh, that's right, I should also bring that. I walked up to my desk and opened one of the drawers. Taped to the bottom of the drawer above it was a small piece of sharpened metal. It was as good as a regular knife but it was more inconspicuous than one. 

Is that all I need? What I have should be fine. Alright, time to go. I head downstairs to tell my mom goodbye. "I'm off," I said as I went out the front door. 

The time was 12 Am and it took about a 20-minute train ride to get to Aoyama. I walked through the cemetery looking for my father's grave. There were quite a few people here visiting loved ones' graves. I'll probably be safe with all these people around. Now, where is his grave?

Found it! But what does she want me to see here? Looking around the grave I found a note.

"  So you do have some remorse. But if you truly wish to repent then head to the place we would always go. Remember, it's our secret."

What is this, a scavenger hunt? Also, what is she talking about? But, that does seem vaguely familiar. What was it thought? Our secret. Why does that seem so familiar? How would she even know something like that? Something feels odd about this. Where could this place be? Wait, I think I remember going to some abandoned-looking place with my father but I can't seem to remember much about it. Where even was it? I think it was somewhat close to my house. Well, guess I should head back home. 

Now that I'm home, where should I go. Should I ask mom? Maybe not, if it was our secret then she probably wouldn't know. So then how does this woman know? None of this is making sense. I eventually decided to walk around my neighborhood until I found it. Walking through the neighborhood while looking at all the houses of people I knew or that had moved away, I came across a forest to the right of the road. I followed the road until I came across a dirt trail that leads deeper into the woods. 

Let's see where this goes. The trail seemed to go on for Forever but after 10 minutes of walking, I came across an old house. While getting closer to the old abandoned house I started to remember somethings. Before things started to go bad at work he would always bring me here almost every time we spent together. He would always make me a smoothie too, they were really good. So why can't remember what we did here? I don't know why but I would always fall asleep while I was here and I would wake up to him carrying me home. And he would always say "Remember this is our secret." 

I asked why and every time he would answer "mom would get worried if she knew you were are this old place," and then we would go home. But this spot does look nice, I can see why I liked it here. The house was in a clearing in the woods, why a house was built seemingly in the middle of the woods, I don't know but it made it feel kind of like you were in someplace cut off from the rest of the world where everything you wanted could be possible. 

I walked up to the front door and tried to open it. The door was missing a lock so it was easy to open. I was surprised when I noticed that it was similar, maybe even the same as my house. I walked around the empty house looks for anything suspicious.  I walked into the kitchen when I didn't find anything I left.  However, before I could leave the kitchen, I heard the sound of footsteps behind me and before I could react I felt something hard hit the back of my head and then blacked out.

What happened? I woke tied to a chair. I pondered where the chair came from considering the house was empty. A person in a black hoodie and a mask walked in front of me. They spoke in an obviously female voice.

"So you really came and rather quickly at that. I would assume you want to know what I want, don't you?"

"Where did you get this chair?"

"Out of all the things you could ask, you want to know where I got this chair? Not why did all this, not why your tied up, or how I knew where this place was?"

"Yes"

"What's up with you. I brought it here. Now, are you going to ask me a real question?"

"Fine if I have to."

"Why are you acting like that when your the one tied up?"

"I could get out of this whenever I want so I'm not worried."

"Sure you could. If you're not going to ask I'll just tell you."

"I told you I would. So what's your connection with my father?"

"Great question, you see your father and I worked at the same company. I have worked with him for about 4 years before he died. For 3 years he was the ideal employee, he always turned work in before the due date, he was friendly to everyone and he was the best guy there. That was until his last year there. He was always getting behind schedule and he started keeping to himself. But despite that, I still thought he was a good person. He was always talking about you and how much he loved you. I would often find him looking at a picture of you and looking that happiest I had ever seen him. I'm certain he was a good father, so why did do it?"

"Why I did it? I don't need to tell you that, 'besides even if I told you I'm sure that you would just make excuses as to why he wasn't in the wrong. Instead, I have a question for you. Why go through all this trouble?"

"What with that attitude? Fine I'll tell you, I was in love with your father and I was going to marry him and everything but you messed all of them up for me."

"So my dad was having an affair?" 

"Not exactly, you see I never actually told him how I felt. But I was  going to and I would have if it wasn't for you."

"So you were too afraid for 3 years and now you're blaming it all on me. I'm sure that even if you told him you'd be rejected."

"SHUT UP, YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING," Just as she said this she pulled out a knife.

"Are you going to kill me because I said something you didn't like, way to prove my point."

"SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, I'LL DO IT, I'M REALLY GOING TO DO IT. Why aren't you scared?"

"I can't Sense any killing intent coming from you, also this."

I stood up and showed her that my hands were untied. 

"H...H...How is that possible, your hands were tied. I searched you and you didn't have a knife or anything on you."

"With this," I pulled out the piece of sharp metal. " Now, I have a few questions for you."

"STAY BACK, I'M WARNING YOU."

"Calm down, I'm not going to do anything. I just want to ask you some questions. First, what's with this key? I haven't been able to find what it goes to."

"Huh, what key are you talking about?"

"The one you gave me with the letter."

"I never gave you a key. All I put in your room was the letter."

"Then this was just a random key the whole time. Fine, next question. How did you put the letter in my room."

"I'm friends with your mom."

"Really, isn't that a bit weird considering you in love with her husband and all?"

"I thought it would be good to find what his ideal woman was."

"Setting that aside, what's up with the camera?"

"Listen, all I wanted was to know why a daughter killed such a loving father and I haven't even gotten an answer. And now you're accusing me of being a pervert."

"So I take that wasn't you either."

She looks like she's telling the truth. Who set up the camera?  Anyways I think I got all the I'm going to get out of her. 

"If that's all you can leave now."

"What do you mean, aren't you going to answer my question?"

"Nope, now leave or you'll regret it."

"Fine, but I'm not leaving because I'm scared of you or anything. I just have something I need to do."

She left and I decided to look around a bit more. If this is like my house, then I wonder what the room is like?  I walked up to my room and opened the door. Oddly enough there was a bed in good condition, maybe even in perfect condition. Even weirder though it was in the same position in the room that I had mine, and it was also the same size and brand. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the bed had a large stain in the middle of it. Continuing to look around I turned my attention to the closet. Inside was a large chest with a padlock on it. Hmmm...a key. Maybe this one will unlock it? Although probably not. 

I put the key in the lock and to my surprise, it unlocked. I opened the chest and looked inside. I was horrified by what I saw.

"W..w.. why.is this here?"

4