Chapter 12
112 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

         My house is on fire? Why? Is my mom in there? what will I do now, where will I live? What did I do to deserve this? 

"I'm so sorry Yuka, here I was so happy that it wasn't my house on fire and it didn't even occur to me that it would be yours that was on fire," said Yua while hugging me and crying buckets. 

"It's not your fault, now, can you let go of me, there's something I need to do."

Yua stopped hugging me and I walked towards the firefighters, fearing the worst of the question I was about to ask. 

"Umm.... excuse, was there anyone inside?" I asked trying my best to keep my composure. 

"Do you live here?" Asked the firefighter with an expression of pity on his face. 

What does that look mean? Is my mother dead? How can someone just be gone that quickly, I didn't even get to say goodbye or anything to her this morning. This isn't fair. Am I being punished? What the Fuck am I doing, I killed a girl, why, because I got a little jealous? I'm pathetic, I didn't deserve a mother as good as mine. What that point of living anymore? My mother was the only person in this world capable of loving someone as cold, emotionless, and rotten as me. I should just walk into my house and let the flame's consumed me. There's nothing left for me in this world anyway and the world would be better off without someone as horrible as me. As I walked towards the fire, the screams and cries of the people around me being to fade out as I became deaf to the world surrounding me. It's not like they care anyway, there just trying to seem like nice caring people but they're all secretly happy. I could feel the incredible heat on the exposed skin of my face and arms, one more step, and I'll sleep peacefully forever. Sounds nice. Nobody even tried to stop me so I guess this is what I need to do. 

One more step and I'll be free from all this pain and sadness I'm feeling. I go the tale the final step and suddenly something stops me. It doesn't feel like a very strong force and I could easily continue forward if I wanted to. What is this feeling? I turn around out of curiosity and tears fall like a waterfall as I see who it is. 

"Dad, is that you?"

"Yuka, what hell are you doing? How can you just give up like that? Did you even bother to think about all the people you would hurt?"

"No, dad...I didn't—"

"No you didn't, how can you call someone a friend, family, or someone you love if you would do something like this to them.  Okuda, Yua, Mr.Takehiko, Damian, ana, Elizabeth, and me, do you know how much pain that would cause us?"

"But dad your dead, aren't you?"

"I will never die as long as you keep me alive in your heart."

"Dad, I'm so sorry for what I did to you," I said while sobbing and hugging my dad. 

"Shh, shh, it alright but don't you think it's time to walk away from this house, I'm sure your friends are all worried about you."

"You're not going to leave me again are you?"

"Don't worry, I'll always be with you."

I look out to the world, that, just minutes ago, I was about to abandon and I saw Yua and her parents as well as all the residents and families of the neighboring houses. Last but not least, I saw my mother rushing towards me crying and the only thing I could think of is, what a beautiful existence this is. 

  "Oh yuka, I'm so glad you're okay. I don't know what I'd do without you. To think that because I was working late I wasn't here when you need me. What's the point of making all this money if in not around to protect you."

"Mom, where did dad go?"

"Huh, what are you talking about? Are you feeling alright, do you need to go to the hospital?"

"No, I'm alright now."

Wrapped in my mother's warm embrace, I cry tears of joy. After hugging a while, I got up and walked over to the firefighter I talked with previously.

"Why didn't you stop me, isn't it your job save people?"

"I was going to but right when I was about to, a man appeared in front me and told me he would handle it and for me to just stay here. Now normally, I wouldn't let some random civilian to do my job but I felt like I had to do what he said."

"Really?"

That's all I said to him and then I walked away. Is my father really alive or maybe he's my guardian angel or something? Maybe my brain did something for self preservation? Well, I don't know and frankly I don't care what it is, all that matters is that my dad saved me. I walked back over to my mom and then we walked over to the Ishidas'1 Yua's family . Yua walks up to me and squeezes tightly.

"You idiot, don't ever do something like that again."

"I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. I promise it won't happen again."

"That's more like it"

"Anyways, where are going to stay mom?"

"I don't know, I suppose I can pay for a hotel for us."

"A hotel? We're practically family aren't we, so of course, you can stay with us until you get back on your feet," said Mr. Ishida warmly.

"Are you sure about that? I wouldn't want to impose."

"Impose, it's the least I can do for all you've done for us, not to mention Yuka is our little Yua's best friend. It wouldn't want anything else than for you both to stay with us."

"Thank you"

"Don't mention it"

For a while, we were approached by other neighbors who asked if we were okay and if we needed anything to just ask. After the crowd of families and onlookers went back inside and the fire was put out, we went inside the Ishida residence and made ourselves at home. They had a spare room where we would be staying for the foreseeable future. 

"Ummm...would it be okay if yuka slept with me in my room?"

"It's okay Yua, you don't have to give up your room."

"It's not like that dad."

"It's alright honey, as long as Yuka and ana are okay with it."

"Thanks, mom."

"It's fine by me, all it means is there more room to stretch out on the bed," said mom while laughing. 

"It's fine with new too," I said getting a little horny thinking of all the stuff we would do tonight.

"Well, I would say the nights long enough already, why don't we all go to sleep and we can deal with all this in the morning once we've all had some rest."

After we've said our good night's to each other, we went into our respective rooms. When I walked into Yua's room I was filled with jealousy as I remembered that unlike me she was allowed to have a tv in her room. Not that it matters since I would also be able to use it for as long as I was her staying in Yua's room. What was more important, however, are the things I'm about to do with Yua. Yua got into her bed and offered me a spot beside her. As soon as I got in she held me close to her.

"I thought I was going to lose you."

"Wait..what?"

So she didn't want me to sleep with her so we could get naughty, she just wanted to be close to me.

"Huh...wait yuka, why are you crying?"

"I'm so sorry Yua," I said balling my eyes out.

"Did I something wrong?" Said Yua panicked. 

"It's not you that did something wrong, it's me. This whole time I just thought of you as someone to have sex with but you care about me so much and just want to be with me no matter what. I used your love for me just to have sex with you, I'm sorry Yua for how I treated you." 

"It's okay yuka, I know you care about me and our relationship wasn't only about sex. Let's just cuddle and fall asleep together and put all this behind us," said Yua comfortably while holding me close to her and running her fingers across the scalp of my hair.

"I love you so much Yua"

"Me too Yuka"

4