Chapter 16
64 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ever since he moved in I felt like my mother was becoming farther away from me than she already was.  His presence in my life is more than id like. It might sound ridiculous but it feels liiittook my mom away from me. Ever since the death of my father and even before it to a lesser extent, she hasn't expressed her love for me very much. I've received so few sighs of affection from here that I've started to question whether or not she ever loved me at all. I refuse to lose my mother, she's all I have left. Even if she's not around all that much her presence itself calms me and brings me at ease. She has a calming presence of reliability and reassurance. 

In our daily interactions, I feel like he has a stigma against me and acts as if he's plotting my demises. No matter how I act towards him this feeling doesn’t go away. I started to watch him at all hours of the day looking for any sign that proved I was right. I scrutinized every small thing he did but ended up finding nothing incriminating. My mother was home more often but despite that, I see her less than I did before. I feel like the lack of her around has given me a deficiency and I am getting sick from it. It has been days since I left the house and I had decided it be best to get some fresh air. I left the house and walked to a nearby park. It was a bright sunny day without a cloud in sight. Families were playing with their children and mothers with their daughters. I thought of both Yuka and Yua and had an intense desire to hold them close. I desperately wanted to meet up with them, for all of us to be together and happy. I called them and arranged to meet later that day and there I had decided to confess that I wanted to be in a relationship with both of them. 

When we had all gathered my nervousness was immeasurable. How would they react? Would they get upset with me and never see me again? It was something I didn't want to think about and yet I was determined to go through with it no matter the price. I began to talk before I was unable to.

“I've called both of you here today for a specific reason and I'm just going to say it, I want the three of us to be in a relationship” 

I paused and waited for their reactions. The look on their faces when from confusion to realization and then to rage. 

“You've been cheating on me?” when yua in outrage. 

“You expect us all to be in a relationship when I don't even know her that well,” Okuda chimed in. 

“I don't expect you to just get along immediately all I ask is you to give it a try, go on a date and see how you feel about each other.”

“Fine,” Agreed Yua.

“Really?” I asked in disbelieve. 

“On one condition, afterward, when I'm am unimpressed by him, you will be mine and only mine got it.”

“If after you wish to not be in a relationship with him then I shall oblige.”

“Don’t I get a say in this?” interjected Okuda.

“No, let's go” stated yua walking away pissed. 

All I can do now is wait and see how it turns out. I should head back home. I dreaded the thought of going back there but I had no other choice.  When I came back inside I noticed they were cuddling on the living room couch watching a movie. I couldn't help but think that my mom was being deceived, it was a given at this point that whether conscious or not any loving act I saw them do would be met with my hatred. Later that day I met up with Okuda and Yua again.

I expect them to dislike each other and demand that I broke up with the other but strangely enough, they arrived hand in hand. They seemed to be in good spirits and almost inseparable.

“I take it went well?” 

“Surprisingly, yes. I expect to hate it and went into it with the attitude of just getting it over with but after we started talking I started to have fun. We share the values of the same interests and he was fun to talk to. I got lost in conversation and I soon began to not want the date to end.”

“You feel the same way, Okuda?”

“Yes”

“You sure, you’re not saying much”

“I mean, she pretty much said it all didn't she?”

“I see, so does that mean you want to make this work?”

“Don’t get me wrong Yuka, I like Okuda and I'm no longer completely opposed to the idea but what your suggesting isn't that simple. That being said I am will give it a try”

I was filled with intense joy and felt like my heart was going to explode. The thing I've been wanting for a while now is happening. 

“We can try this thing out tomorrow, it's getting late. Goodnight Yuka, Okuda”

We said our goodbyes to each other and went our separate ways. Back home they were no longer in the living room. MY mother was alone in her room and where he was I was unaware. I felt the Anger towards him swell in me and the fear of losing my mom did as well. I felt it was my chance to make sure she wouldn't leave me, to show her how much I love and need her.  I walked into her room but didn't say anything. 

“Is everything okay dear? Need anything?”

“I love you”

“Me too sweetie

“I love you,” I say again this time inching closer. 

“You okay? Your starting to scare me.”

“Why did you have to get somebody else, am I not enough for you?” I reply stepping closer.

“What are you talking about?” inquired my mom now worried.

“I'm going to show you how much I love you until I'm all you need”

I jumped onto her until I was on top of her on the bed and I began to pull her clothes off. She struggled and tried to push me off of her but I continued. I merely want to show her my love, just like dad wanted to do with me. I'm, sure once I start shell understand my love just like I'm sure that if I were to have let dad do that to me I would have understood his. I grouped at her chest and kiss whatever bare flesh I could.  My hand went to take off her pants when I felt something hit the back of my head. 

The world grew cold and dark around me and the desire to sleep was growing within me. But before I succumbed to slumber I could hear them arguing about whether or not to call the cops or not, I couldn't make out anything else.

I woke up in a white room the appeared to be a holding cell. Some guards came up to the cell door and ordered me to follow them. I was led to a room with only a table and a chair on either side. They instructed me to sit and then left me alone. I sat there for what felt like hours until a man with a clipboard enter and sat down at the table. 

“Do you know why you here?”

“No, where am I, jail?”

“Jail no, your mother didn't press charge on the condition you get a mental evaluation and helped accordingly”

“Can I see my mom?”

“I'm afraid not. I have some questions for you to answer or not answer as you see fit.”

2