Notes 4
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part Two Cont: 

For his next life I think the Drunkard version of Oz is just as important as any of his other lives because it shows how the stress and burden of saving the world has and will take a toll on Oz. The Drunkard for what we see is a drunkard in ruff clothes wasting away his life. I think this Oz is more of a continuation of his fears in his life as the Hermit. This Oz probably came about due to the events of his time as the Wizard. Maybe he wasn’t able to save the world like he wanted in his last life, maybe he died peacefully and didn’t want to continue on his everlasting mission, maybe he failed in his last life during battle, maybe he saw the worst of humanity while he was trying to save it, or maybe in his current life as the Drunkard he saw that all his work and efforts in creating companions and heroes to follow his foot steps was for nothing, that Remnant is no closer to peace. Hell, maybe his giving of powers and going against the gods will made it more chaotic. 

————————————————

Now we get to his next life as Oz, in this life he isn’t a heroic youth in his prime or an old sage ready to pass on his talents in his last days, no, instead he was a scientist. A man already content with life, enjoying time with a loving wife and kids, with years already spent in a supposedly successful career, and in a semi-peaceful era. Something no other Oz had (or at least had for an extended amount of time) and the reason this version was so drastically different. This Oz in his selfishness or a version of healing (depending on how you view it) decided not to prioritize the vow he made with the God of Light. Not to lead in his role as a king or sage, but leave his duties to all the successors he created years prior. This Father Oz Daddy Oz or Settler decided rather than fighting, he would better be suited diving into the sea of ancient knowledge left by his Oz predecessors and experiment with magic and semblances. While he spent time with his family in peace, secretly he was the one to create catalysts to connect the concept of aura and dust to recreate magic. Hence the clockwork staff we the audience see in the flashback; Father Oz Oz Daddy was the one to introduce weapons using dust into the world of Remnant.

...Basically a fancy way of saying he was the guy the invented weapons that could hold dust and flip around like they’re transformers without them breaking. 

————————————————

This version of Oz I’d probably the best example of how the Oz Cycle does not equivalent to being one of his previous reincarnations.

Sorry I think I botched the wording on that, but again I’ll use Avatar. This Oz was like Roku or Kyoshi in contrast to Aang or Won. The honor Roku had developed, the signs of duty and force from Kyoshi, how peaceful Aang tried to live his life, and how Won’s arrogance started the whole cycle off. Yes, they shared the same soul and desires, but each had their own personalities different from the other. I think the Oz Cycle is about accepting that these memories as a part of you, not as your identity. You many have the experiences of a past lifetime, but those experiences don’t define you, you must learn from them.

I think that was what the God of Light’s purpose if reviving Ozma and letting him reincarnate. Those past lives were never meant to define him, he was supposed to learn from his past, as what the Brothers wanted for the whole of humanity.

A little tangent I apologize, but I’ll have to wait to explain the consequences of how the Oz Cycle influences the mind till when I get to Oscar, for now let’s talk about the Inquisitor. This Oz is easily my favorite based off design, out here like Columbus and Nathan Drake. I also like to point out that this Oz is the Black Sheep of the group so far, he’s the least and at the same time most like Ozma. From his features: skin tone, eye color and hair color; this Oz is a far cry from the others. And that’s exactly why this is his most active version since his time as the Wizard, this Oz like Ozma has an adventurous spirit. Also fits that he is younger than the Settler, being experienced and defined in life at his age, but yet to settle down and start a family. He’s so physically and mentally different from the other Oz’s that their is less correlation, less reason for him to act like the rest even with the extra memories. It’s this version we see traveling and in action during the flashback going to the relics. 

————————————————

By the RWBY lore: the relics attract Grim, and we see that the relics are so powerful that they warp reality creating pocket dimensions where they lie dormant. It will make sense if Oz uses his godly powers to create some sort of array or enchant chambers built in his time as the Settler to contain the Relics. It also fits time wise, remember by the time RWBY the show starts, the Huntsman Academy’s have been around for about a century, if we count Ozpin himself in his late 30s or early 40s, that’s maybe 70 to 60 years of the academy’s being in place when Ozpin was actually born. Since they are so new in Remnant it makes sense that Ozpin’s last incarnation before now did most of the work in setting them up.

I got that number cause I did the math and thought like this, 

The RWBY kids are presented in their mid-teens, so their parents at the youngest via anime logic should’ve been 18 when they were all banging.

“Now Jupiterman” you ask “what do you mean anime logic”, and I answer “the troupe in anime where when the parents of the protagonists look super young or are barely 30 when the protagonist is in latter half of schooling (middle through high school) or are super duper lovey doves with each other or are super cool, super powerful, and super badass, their is a high chance the protagonist was born from teh couples getting frisky at the end of their teens”. 

Besides, Ozpin seems to be (no he has to be) older than the RWBY kids parents by a few years if he was able to scout them out while being the youngest headmaster at the time, so 43. 

Hell! Let me go ahead and say that I have some references to justify this number. For one even though I say mid-teens I mean exactly 17 for the average age of freshman at Beacon, concluded if we look at the average age of our in-training Hunters and Huntresses characters. I don’t think Ozpin, even if they were promising and with talent would favor students that have gotten pregnant amongst each after just two years of his school. So that means Ozpin must had been older than 21 when he meet Team STRQ since he probably graduated and then became headmaster and there’s no context of him skipping any grades, only the quote that he’s the youngest headmaster since the founding of Beacon. Also that the RWBY parents at earliest must’ve had their kids in their early 20s.

So with all of that its justified that Ozpin is 43 when the show starts since the age of the parents in RWBY when getting frisky (21) plus the age gap between them and Ozpin with him probably already graduated since he was able to become a headmaster and scouting them (5) plus the average age of the freshman kids currently attending Beacon now (17). Even if you critique my math, this is all just rough numbers off of theorized and unconfirmed info, but even then, this even works cannon wise since it matches with the timeline I’m making. You think its a coincidence that my math for Ozpin’s birth matches up with the Vytal Festival, a festival set up after the end of the Great War that the King of Vale ended. My guess is that King of Vale Oz probably kicked the bucket near 40 years after the Great War. You can justify that with context that Oz came to the King when he was around his 30s then how many years it took to end the war, plus those 40 years, you got yourself an old ass man at that point, at deaths door! The king or his allies set up the festival probably as a means to give people hope and deplete the negative emotions his death as the hero king would influence the populace of Remnant. Something pretty and flashy to keep the sheep happy I suppose. 

Which means all those theories from the community and tweasers teh writers left about reincarnations between Ozpin and the King of Vale are probably bullshit in comparison to this.

Even if you tweaked the numbers for if the RWBY kids were born during Beacon or lessen the age gap between Team STRQ and Ozpin, Oz would still be around 39 when the show starts. 

I mean...

This theory only works if the successors of Oz protected the relics per his order like I imagine...

Or if Oz didn’t hide the Relic’s during his life as the Wizard lifetimes ago...

Also if Salem would had waited this long to not try and grab the relics after a few lifetimes of Oz not doing anything...

Plus is my whole spiel about Raven and Tai not having Yang whilst they were still in school and before they graduated... 

.

.

.

But oh well! 

————————————————

King of Vale Oz, honestly this fucker, well if I’m segmenting this right then the King of Vale version of Oz or King Oz was before or after the Inquisitor, I’m putting him after because of inconsistencies. Since this character is barely shown or referred, I can’t specifically set him in the timeline of reincarnations I have. No its more like since the characters itself has been referenced so many times without any real backstory yet has such an important reference point in the story I have to be careful of how I justify myself with his placement and involvement in the Oz Cycle regardless of my planning and math I’ve recorded. After all this is just my guess work; my own perspective of RWBY. When I say inconsistencies I literally just mean things in RWBY that are not compatible or make sense. Sure to others they may think this and that makes perfect sense, but I surely don’t. So I feel the need to justify my choices. 

My Reasoning Goes Like This:

I do know that King Oz was the ruler of Vale, one of the four great kingdoms but those civilizations have been around for hundreds of years if not thousands. We only know he was a king of Vale, not when. Thanks to the silhouette from the concept art I can see King Oz as a grown man with long flowing hair and a developed body, since kings are often portrayed in their prime so mid to late 20s, I can estimate him in to ranked somewhere here in the order of Oz’s so far. It also due to the inconsistences of his involvement with the academy’s that has me slumped. Because of that I’ll say that yes: King Oz founded the academy’s, but it was his predecessors that built them. Now let’s solidify what I mean exactly when I say “founded the academy’s”. We are taking about building city sized buildings, gaining and contributing educated staff that know how to fight and are educated in four separate regions and locations, while also trying to hide four magical relics of creation from the public, staff, builders, and from grim; all except for Oz’s most trusted followers. That shit is going to take decades! I don’t care if he’s the king! Shit ain’t like Wakanda out here! 

They probably followed his instructions to build schools and places to protect the relics, then he came back into the fold in the body of royalty, then went along overseeing the project half-way or at the end. If I’m putting him here, I’ll try to keep my theory of Inquisitor Oz using his magic to hide the relics but then push him back in the timeline by a good portion. I’ll have King Oz the one who passed around half a century (50 years) before Ozpin was born. 

Okay and finally we get to the prime reincarnation of Oz, our Aang: Ozpin.

1