Chapter 3: Have you no Shame?!
123 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Woken up with a slap on the face I turned to face the culprit. It was Lue with drool on her face still sleeping soundly with a small snore she waved her hands again like she was trying to grab onto something. Quietly she murmured,

“Sweet potato...oh sweet potato, don’t run away...Let me catch you!”

Seeing her like this made my mouth twitch a bit. With the sun up, bright and early, perfect day for an adventure, I blew into her ears to wake her up.

Having her ears being blown at, Lue woke up abruptly and stared into the pretty face that had a teasing smile attached to it.

“Miss! Please stop teasing this servant!” exclaimed Lue with her face heating up and a hand covering the ear.

“hehe! Sorry you were just too cute!”

Lue slightly glared at her Miss and then gave an hmph.

“Haha okay okay I will stop! Is it possible to take a bath and wash my face?”

“Of course Miss. This servant will go prepare you the water”

“Okay. I will help”

“Miss you cannot do that! Let this servant do it! Or else what’s the point of me being here?”

“Just let me help. My heart would hurt seeing you carry such heavy water alone, with this pretty hands of yours”

Unable to keep up with the conversation Lue was pulled away by her Miss.

After drawing the water and heating it up, I started undressing.

Ah it feels like I’m violating this person’s body! Feels wrong to stare at this body! But man this body has the perfect portions! And the skin is so soft and smooth! Free of scars too!

After admiring for a long time, I slipped into the tub and took my bath.

Once I got out I had Lue help me wear my clothes. Embarrassingly, it was hard to figure out how to wear these ancient clothes!

Thinking of all the excitement out there, with all the buzzling people in the streets, I cannot help but want to witness it with my own eyes.

“Lue, let’s go out and visit the market!”

“Okay Miss! Let me get the carriage ready”

“No need. Let’s just walk”

“Yes, Miss”

By now Lue gave up on arguing with Miss as her Miss was clearly illogical and may have turned slightly crazy.

Recalling the situation yesterday, I thought to myself

That step mom of mine might actually kick me out of the house. Either that, or I would be forced to marry someone! I need to find a way to keep living. Which means I need money. ho ho ho I have the knowledge of the future so I can use that to my advantage now!

Thinking like that I had a smile plastered onto my face as we headed out.

Walking down the lively streets I’ve passed by tons of stalls. Every time we pass by some food stalls I would pull Lue along to buy some and sample it. Luckily Lue knew where my allowance were and that my ‘father’ wasn’t cheap too! By the time we’ve reached the end of the street the sun was setting.

“Lue, do you know if we need a permit to sell stuff here?”

“Miss? This servant does not know much, but maybe if we go to the ministry office we can find out. Or you should ask your father?”

“Let’s go to the ministry office then. Guide the way!”

“Okay Miss”

“By the way, you should just call me by my name. And I forbid you to call yourself this servant anymore. If you do, prepare to get punished!”

“Miss?!”

“What did I say?” I narrowed my eyes

“But..But..okay I understand...Xu Fai...” Lue whispers while looking like she’s about to cry from guilt.

“Sigh I know it’s hard but bear with it. I can’t stand you calling yourself that okay? And I want to be friends.”

Hearing that Lue starts tearing up a bit.

“Oh please don’t cry! I can’t make a lady cry! People might think I abused you!”

Hearing that Lue started laughing quietly.

Along the way they passed by an ally and in sight was 4 men surrounding a teenage boy ruthlessly kicking him.

What are they doing?! He’s already bruised so badly! Are there no police here?!

I rushed to the scene while yelling stop at the top of my lungs. Lue stunned by Miss’s action was unable to pull her back in time. Lue ran after her miss thinking

Ah why is this Miss so hard to handle!

I stood in front of the 4 men and looked at the teenage boy whose face swelled up considerably.

Oh man does he have internal bleeding? Is he even conscious?

Kneeling down, I hear his rasped breathing

At least he’s still alive. Need to get him some medical help.

Surprised the 4 men stopped and looked up. Their faces darkened at the sight of me. One of the men stood forward and said,

“Hey! This has nothing to do with you! Scram!”

“Look, you’ve beat him up enough. Any more he may actually die.”

“So what if he dies? He deserve it. He mocked us! When we saw that this beggar can actually read the government notice we asked him to read it for us but he said that we are all so stupid and he bet that our children are just as stupid”

uh maybe he does deserve the beating...

“Haaaa...okay I understand where your anger is coming from but no need to take a person’s life just for that right?”

“So what? He’s just a beggar! Can’t even be considered a life!”

I feel myself flare up a bit and glare at him

“Regardless of his status a life is a life. Anyways he needs medical attention. Let me take him back. I will somehow force him to apologize to you guys later. Is that okay?”

“What? Why bother. He’s not worth it. Just let us beat him up. If you continue to get in the way we will beat you up too”

Seeing that they don’t seem to mind taking a life, I took out the dagger that Lue gave me as requested before we left and quickly placed it against the men’s neck.

Though, of course I won’t be taking his life but based on my previous world experience sometimes threats are the quickest solution.

In my previous life, lots of soldiers rebel against us since we try to save everyone’s life regardless of whether it’s an enemy or not so I had to learn some moves whether it was for self-defence or to protect others. Of course a gun would be better in this situation, sadly the technology here needs some improvements.

“Let me ask again. Is it okay?”

The man tensed at the presence of the knife near his throat, unexpectedly this girl pulled a move on him. He looked at the tiny girl holding it unhesitatingly with clear eyes wide and bold. Seeing that he might actually get injured if he continue to oppose he said,

“Fine. But I do expect an apology from him within 10 days! If not I will beat you to death too. Come on let’s go. No need to waste time for this piece of shit”

They stared at the boy and spat at him before leaving.

“Miss!! Why did you do that?! What if you injured yourself?!”

“Hush it is fine now. Hurry and help him onto my back. He needs medical attention right now”

“Miss?! But he’s a man! You can’t do that! And he’s so dirty too! He’s only a beggar!”

“Listen! What matters now is his life okay? We need to save it. So listen to me and help him onto my back! I cannot carry him long with just my arms”

“But Miss...”

“Do it now!”

Seeing Miss like this Lue was super confused. She didn’t know what the right choice was so she listened to Miss and helped the man onto her back.

“Good now let’s find a doctor”

“There’s one on the next street”

“Guide me there”

I hurriedly followed Lue to the doctors while carrying the boy on my back.

Wow why is he so light? He’s far too malnourished! But these muscles are sure weak, tired after a few steps.

As soon as we arrived to the door, the doctor there looked surprised till the point he didn’t say anything for a while. The sight was quite astounding, a young petite lady clearly from a noble family was huffing and puffing while carrying a boy in tattered clothes covered in dirt mixed with blood.

“Doctor, please help this boy”

“...he’s clearly a beggar”

“I got money, I will cover for his expense”

“he’s dirty though”

“I will pay double”

“...place him over there”

Seeing that the doctor finally agreed, I left him on the bed while the doctor looked at his wounds.

Seeing that the boy was in a stable condition I gave a sigh of relief.

“He should be fine. As long as he stays clean and that he continues to take medicine he should survive, if there are no serious infection”

“Thank you Doctor. Here’s your money.”

I walked up to the battered boy and see that the doctor did not really care to do a good job as his body was still dirty except for his wound covered in gauze.

He might seriously get infected at this rate! He needs to take a bath. I wonder if they have cleaning alcohol here?

I lightly tapped the boy seeing if he’s conscious as I cannot tell with his eyes swollen.

He turned his swollen head towards me a bit.

“Do you have a home?” I asked.

He continue to remain still and remained silent.

Is he a mute? No that doesn’t make sense, he refuted back to the 4 guys! Cause of his nasty tongue he got beat up!

“If you don’t answer I’ll take it as a no”

He still chose to remain silent.

“I’ll take you to my home for now then”

Seeing that he didn’t answer I placed him onto my back and began walking. Although he struggled to get off at the beginning, but soon he grew tired with his wounded limps and just let it pass, as he dug his face into my back hiding it as much as possible.

“Miss...where do you intend to go with him?”

“Home. He needs to wash up and be fed his medicine and rest”

“Miss!? He can’t! He’s a man! Your father would be furious if he sees this!”

“...true...let’s just sneak him in then”

“Miss?!”

“Shh it’s fine. He just needs to heal and then he will be gone”

“How will we sneak him in then?”

“Climb the wall?”

...Lue was astounded to the point she can’t even say a word.

Miss have definitely went bonkers! I should really hit her head again!

Luckily it was getting dark so no one is around to see Miss like this! Or else she can’t get married off! Unless…

Lue stared into the swollen face of the young boy, if his eyes were to even open, it would only be slits.

Miss likes the fat face type? What a heavy taste!

Once we’ve reached the house, we went to the backyard where my room is near and I climbed up while carrying him.

Finally, even if he’s light he’s still weight! So tired! This body is a bit too weak...I should exercise it more.

Reaching my room safely I had Lue prepare a bath for him and a set of clothes.

I nudged him a little to see if he was awake and asked,

“Are you able to take a bath yourself?”

Silence once again.

“If not I’ll help you take one”

“...huh?!”

At long last! Some reaction! He is acting like he was forcefully married off here, separated with his love of his life! Ai yah, this man, so young but acting like a widow already.

“Seriously, your body is badly beaten up, I can help you if it’s too painful”

“...are you even a women?”

Yes yes I know it’s inappropriate to help him but during war time I’ve helped plenty of boys wipe their bodies when they couldn’t do so. I’ve seen plenty of naked men as a result of trying to save them at critical moments as I acted as a side surgeon for the doctors. The only reason why I didn’t apply first aid for him was simply because I did not have the materials.

“It’s fine if you can’t, I don’t mind helping. Don’t worry I won’t eat you hehe”

“...I can take it myself”

“Okay good! I’ll go make some soup for you so take your time! Once you’re done remember to help dress wounds again and apply medicine”

“...why did you help me? I’m just a beggar”

“Because you’re hurt”

“...”

“What’s your name?”

Seeing that he’s not responding I turned around and left the room.

“Lue, let’s make some soup for him”

“Miss...do you even know how to cook?”

Since I was little, my grandma taught me how to cook saying that’s important to know or else how would you capture your men?

“Yes yes. Don’t you worry. I will cook for you too”

Lue once again was surprised by this development but was too exhausted at this point to make a deal. She thought to herself

Miss is probably playing around. Her being a noble lady means she never cooked before so I doubt her cooking would taste good. I hope that she actually doesn’t cook for me!

Once we’ve reached the kitchen, the staff all bowed down politely but in their minds they were wondering

Why is third miss here?

Seeing this I felt embarrassed to have people older than me bow down. I quickly had them stand up and asked

“Do you guys mind if I borrowed the kitchen for a bit?”

All of the kitchen staff were confused.

For what reason would 3rd Miss needs to use the kitchen?!

Finally one brave kitchen staff answered

“Of course we don’t mind sharing the kitchen with you. But this place might be too dirty for this young Miss.”

“Oh no it’s not! Looks super clean! I would have to trouble you guys though to show me the ingredients and tools”

“...Third Miss...are you planning to cook?”

“Yes!”

All the kitchen staffs gave a sigh as they thought,

She must be too bored and now playing around! She will make a mess of the kitchen!

Though quickly after she began gathering ingredients and started chopping did they realize that third miss actually knows how to cook!

Soon the aroma of heavenly food started coming seeping out of the dishes the third miss made making some of the staff feel ashamed as her food smells better than theirs and some even started drooling. Finally all the unknown dishes were laid out looking absolutely appetizing with the soup smelling the best.

“Thank you for letting me use your kitchen! I’ve made extra for you guys if you don’t mind my cooking”

The staffs were all wide eyed with smiles on their face happily knowing that they get a chance to eat such appetizing food!

They all quickly expressed their thank you and bowed once again.

Feeling embarrassed me and Lue quickly carried the dishes back to the room.

Once we’ve arrived we opened the door to see the swollen young man dressed in beige robes.

“Good you’re done! Did you apply your medicine yet?”

He answered with a slight nod.

“Let’s eat then! Here’s the soup I’ve made for you! Right now you can only drink soup. Wait till your face heals so you can chew.”

Hesitantly he sat down and started drinking the chicken soup. Seeing that he’s eating I smirked and turned to Lue.

“Lue! Come try my dishes! They should taste okay”

Getting used to her unusual behaviour Lue quietly sat down and sampled the dishes. With wide eyes she ate and ate inhaling the food.

“Oh! It taste so good!! Did hitting your head made you stupid but in return you became a great cook?!”

Hearing that she commented on my IQ made my mouth twitch once again.

“It’s because you’re too skinny Lue. It worries me so I have to fatten you up! It’s more comfortable to hug then, and more to love”

Hearing this, the young men who was quietly sipping the soup suddenly coughed and Lue’s face heated up.

Watching their reactions are sure fun hehe. As I quietly ate the steamed egg.

After dinner, I once again took a bath easing my muscles. Though this time I took it in the staff room since the young man was still there but at least I had Lue on the lookout. When we returned we see that he was quickly asleep on the bed.

Lue glared at him slightly and asked

“Miss, where shall you sleep then?”

“Lue, bring 2 futon over”

Tired of asking questions Lue went and got the futons.

“Here Miss”

“Good let’s lay them down on the floor”

“...Miss you don’t intend to sleep on the floor right..?”

“Yep! You’ve guessed it right. It’s just like camping”

“Miss! I cannot allow you to do that! Let’s just find another room to sleep!”

“It’s fine Lue. If we find another room someone would question and he might get discovered”

“But Miss...”

“Hush let’s go sleep now”

Lue hesitantly slipped into the futon on the ground and followed miss who went straight to sleep.

In the middle of the night the young men woke up.

With the moon shining into the room he looks around once again remembering where he was. Astounded that he slept so comfortably in a stranger’s place he wanted to slap himself for being so careless. When he turned he saw a sight that is very questionable! He sees the two ladies sleeping on the floor! What kind of women would do that?!

Suddenly he felt slightly guilty seeing that he occupied the bed.

However, how can a man and a woman stay together in a room together at night? Does she know anything? How loose can she be?!

He fumes at this thought thinking that she’s clearly a noble lady yet she does this kind of thing. But his heart was undeniably a bit touched by her kindness. He looks at her sleeping face to see it looking angelic. Her red full lips were slightly parted and her long eyelashes slightly flutter. Her silky, long black hair slightly covering her face contrasting it to make her white face.

However, now and then her face would twist into a grimace, wrinkling her eyebrows. He caught himself staring at her and felt a bit embarrassed with his ears turning a bit red. He thought to himself, if she doesn’t feel ashamed why should he?! So he closed his eyes, feeling his wounds hurting, he entered into slumber once again.

Author: Ho Ho Ho there enters the stage of one fussy boy *pats pats head, let her teach you some things.

Xu Fai: *Crackles knuckles* Player One ready!

** Idk what's wrong with my eyes today, I keep missing the grammar mistakes...Apologize for that T_T rereading for the 5th time.

3