Chapter 5: Marriage Proposal?
80 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking back in a haste, Lue was beaming with happiness at the thought that the young handsome man can be Miss’.

“Miss! You can be married off soon! That man is handsome and has status, you will be happy in the future for sure!”

Xu Fai watched Lue being so happy for her, while she, on the other hand had a face like she was constipated.

“…Lue…how can you be so happy? Lue…don’t you know my feelings for you? If I marry him, I won’t be able to marry you! I’ve always told you not to call me Miss, but I actually wanted you to call me ‘Husband’”

To end the dramatic show, I grabbed Lue’s hands, stared into Lue’s wide eyes with blushing face, and showed a sad expression as if her family had just been killed.

“Lue, Lue, Lue for the sake of you, I shall keep my chastity”

And with that said, I happily went back to the room while thinking to herself,

Marriage?! No no no that’s not good. I don’t want to be married off. Shit, he’s good looking but still! I have no interest in getting married to a stranger! I have to make him break the engagement with me tomorrow!

As for Lue, she was stumbling behind Miss, being dazzled by the performance, but soon felt anger for being teased, as she pulled down her red ears, frowning while eyeing Miss with eyes that said,

Just wait one day! I shall get my revenge!

Of course, Xu Fai was ignorant of this matter at the time, but in the future, she had learnt not to tease Lue so much or she ends up in a bigger mess.

When we entered the room we see that the young man was reading a book. He looked up at us when he heard us and his gaze remained on my injured bleeding hand.

First thought that came to both of Xu Fai and Lue’s head was,

Pig is reading a book!

“Cough cough…Look what I brought you! A puppy for you to play with! Both of you are injured! You guys can both heal together.”

“...your hand”

“Oh no worries it’s just a slight scratch”

Without a word he lifted the puppy and gave it to Lue. Then he pulled my hand and walked towards the basin with a limp on his left leg.

“But the puppy...he needs to clean his wound too”

“Later”

He pulled my hand and started washing my wound. Surprisingly he was strong and I wasn’t able to pull my hand back.

“Ouch ouch be gentle! How can you treat a lady like this?!”

“...so you even know you’re a lady?”

Astounded, I glared at him.

“...Li Jing”

“What?”

“...that’s my name”

“Li Jing? Hmm, nice name. So where are you from?”

Hearing his name spilling from her lips gave him an inexplicable feeling, as if bristles were brushing against his heart making it itchy. But her question calmed his warm heart to icy cold.

But Li Jing chose to remain silent, while she acknowledged the silence with a little hum as if she never asked the question in the first place, as he continued to clean the bloody wound, as gently as possible.

To be honest, Li Jing didn’t want Xu Fai to know of his true identity, thus he never gave his family name, because firstly, he still didn’t trust Xu Fai fully, with his unique identity she can easily bring him down. Secondly, it could also bring her danger, which he weirdly felt bad for. Thirdly, he planned to leave once he heals, so there was no point in letting her know.

After cleaning my hand, he then got out the medicine and was about to help me apply when I stopped him.

“Its fine I can do it myself”

He stares at me questioningly and handed over the medicine.

“I’m used to helping myself apply. Besides it’s not proper for a man to touch a woman so casually. Unless you want to take responsibility for me? hehe”

Hearing that his ears began to turn red again and turned away with a flick of his sleeves and walked back to the table.

“Lue! Did you help the puppy clean his wound?”

“Yes Miss. The puppy is fine now. His leg stopped bleeding and his bones did not seem to be broken”

“That’s great! Now let’s make some food, I’m starving”

“Miss, I can just ask the staff to make you some food”

“No no it’s fine. Let’s go!”

Grabbing Lue, we headed out the door but once we’ve opened it, there stood a beautiful lady with bright imposing phoenix eyes and cute lips with a light blush against her white complexion making it overall look like a painting. She looked similar to the step mom that appeared yesterday night but a younger version.

“Second Miss?!” cries out Lue.

Quickly I closed the door behind, hiding away Li Jing from the second miss. Ignoring my abrupt action, the second miss said,

“I heard father finally set the marriage arrangement for you. It’s to Zheng Fue I’ve heard. Haha, serves you right! For ruining my marriage with the prime minister’s son, now you get the Zheng Fue trash! Did you know he hates women? He acts allergic to them! Your wedding night would probably be very lonely. He’s been said to treat women worse than trash! He’s already 18 years old, if his father didn’t threaten him with his position then he probably wouldn’t even look at you! My mother was smart enough to convince father to do so! ”

Hearing this I showed no rage, as it was my fault her marriage was cancelled. For this time period, marriage is the most important thing for a women. Having to marry off into a good family is their only goal. Furthermore, I won’t be marrying the Zheng Fue, it’s good that he hates women!

Extremely great!!

 Staring at her, I said,

“I’m sorry for breaking your marriage. I truly hope that you can find someone worthy of you”

She looks at me with surprise and suspicion while I left to walk towards the kitchen leaving her behind looking bewildered.

“Miss...”

“Its fine, I’m not hurt. But my stomach is starving! Let’s hurry”

With that said, I’ve quickly made some dishes and night fell.

Once again, Li Jing slowly opened his eyes adapting to the darkness. He turned his head towards Xu Fai who was sleeping softly on the floor curled up holding the puppy. It truly was a beautiful and innocent image with a tinge of sadness as her face turns in pain.

What exactly is she dreaming about? Why does she always look like she’s in pain? Is it cause of the marriage?

Before he heard the talk in front of the door, but he didn’t mention anything during dinner time because he’s just an intruder, nothing to do with this lady. But the more he thinks about it the more his heart felt uncomfortable.

Is it because he feels that she deserves better? Having to marry a man who hates women. Who would be happy about that? But she didn’t seem sad at all during dinner. Is she just hiding her emotions?

Silently he stares at her while thinking about his complicated emotions before he drifted off to sleep.

Author: I will be doing double release today! to make up for Jan 07th delayed release x.x...Happy reading!! :) 

2