Chapter 8: The Deal
64 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before I could react, two of the men went forward and grabbed me. The last men who looked the strongest, with thick dark, bulging muscles and a long beard, he was holding Zheng Fui’s head up, while kneeling on his body, he said in a hoarse voice,

“I want you to write a letter to your father. Tell him to bring 1000 gold, and leave it at the hut by the farm river, let him know that if there’s anyone there or if anyone follows me then I will not return. Instead, those two over there will kill you. However, if I get the money safely, I will then let you go”

Zheng Fui ignored the man, as he continued to close his eyes, as if he really didn’t hear him. Seeing that he’s not responding, he gave a signal to one of the man holding me and straight up slapped me.

The white face who haven’t endured any physical abuse for years, turned red and started swelling, clearly showing the outline of the man’s palm.

 “Write! Before I hit her even more!”

Zheng Fui is bad luck!! Super bad luck!! Under this bright sunny day, he gets kidnapped and drags me along too!!

Zheng Fui squinted his eyes open, looking at the girl who was filled with anger, puffing up her swollen cheeks, he closed his eyes again decisively, without an ounce of guilt.

He really ignored me! He just ignored me! I’m being hit in your place young man!!

Seeing no response from him, I got slapped again on my other cheek, so both cheeks are swelling, tears welled up in my eyes from the impact.

Finally, the bearded man can see that I was no use to him, and instead kneeled himself a little harder to Zheng Fui. With that one attack that wasn't even fully implemented, he opened his eyes and said,

“I’ll write!”

!!!!! Great!! A little pain can make him write!! So why did I suffer for!?!? Blacklist blacklist!!

Even the three men were shocked by the little attempt they had to make and staring back at me, they rather felt sorry, as my face started turning pig-like.

After writing, the bearded man tied up Zheng Fui and knocked him out, and then grabbed more ropes heading towards me.  

Oh great my luck is just great I’m being kidnapped!

Although, this wasn’t the first time being a hostage, back in my world I was kidnapped before where the enemy would hope to exchange hostages or they would want to get information out of me, so I wasn’t scared witless.

With thick ropes they tied me up but I kept my fist formed and stuck together making it as big as possible so when I twist I would be able to get out of the ropes.

With that done, they pushed me forward while one carried Zheng Fui with his head dropping towards the ground.

“Hey, why do I have to walk while he gets to sleep?!”

“Do you want to be knocked out too?”

“Not really, just don’t want to walk”

“...Shut up or we will gag you”

Come to think of it...the kidnappers were pretty stupid weren’t they? They should have totally gagged me. You will be surprised how strong a jaw is. I’ve seen plenty of desperate people bitten out a chunk off their neck causing instant death with their artery vessel missing. And they didn’t even check my body to see if there’s any weapons only Zheng Fui they’ve checked.

Being looked down upon can have its benefits too.

We walked further into the forest until we reached a shabby wooden cabin.

They threw us into a small closet and locked the door.

“Oi, are you awake?”

I nudged him and in return I got a glare.

“Ah so were you pretending the whole time? That way you didn’t have to walk?! You schemer!”

“...Quiet and get further away from me. Let me figure out how to get out of this situation”

“Its fine as long as you corporate with me”

I showed him my hands which was free from the ropes with the special technique I’ve used. I grabbed the dagger from my sleeves and started cutting away the ropes on my feet.

“...were they that incapable that they can’t even tie the ropes properly?” He stares at me questionably.

“Well they are pretty dumb, they didn’t even bother checking our bodies for concealed weapons hehe but I’m thankful for their stupidity at the same time!”

“...enough with the talks! Free me now”

“...now now, did you not just watch me get hit by them? First time I understood since it was unexpected. But second time, you just let it be! So exactly why should I help you? Anyways, let’s be obedient and wait for your parents to come with the money”

He held his head high, as if he did nothing wrong and asked, “What do you mean?! Why do you want them to come with money? What benefit does it have for you?”

“You see...I’m kinda broke right now so I was hoping to get some money...if your parents give the money to the bandits and then I steal from the bandits back...technically it would turn into my money! See my logic?”

His face darkened several shades and turning from green to red,

“What logic do you have in your dog shit brain?! Why are you broke anyways?! Your father should be doing fine!”

“hehe don’t call me dumb now, at least I’m not the one whose still tied up”, with a teasing smile I turned around and started looking for more weapons.

“...what if you pay you double the amount? But you would have to free me”

“What! really?!”

“...yes”

“How can I be sure that you will be keeping your promise?”

“I’ll give you my family jade...you can hold it as a ransom for now...once we are free you can drop by with it and I’ll have the amount prepared for you”

“Oh deal! Now where’s the family jade?”

Reaching out I started fumbling around trying to find it within in clothes, and as revenge for letting me be slapped, I groped here and there feeling him up along the way.

“You! Stop touching me right now! I’ll give it to you once I’m free!”

Seeing that I can’t find it and satisfied leaving some pinches on his skin, I’ve scratched my head and decided to believe he can’t get away from me. I cut away his ropes and he sat up rubbing his red wrist.

“So now what?” I asked curious to see whether he has a plan or not.  

“...”

Seeing that he didn’t have answer I looked around to see the room we are enclosed in does not have a single window or opening. The only thing in the room was the chair.

Zheng Fui was trying to figure out what to do when he saw Xu Fai lifting up her robes, showing her slender legs. Hastily he turned around, with fuming red face.  

What is this woman doing!?! How shameless can she be?!

Boom Boom

She flung two sandbags onto the ground.

Looking back at the scene towards the sound of the noise, Zheng Fui saw two cloth bags filled with sand leaking.

“Why were you carrying those around?”

“To train”

“...”

What kind of woman is she?! He thought to himself.

Although Xu Fai lacked muscles, but her endurance for cardio activities was surprisingly strong, taking the chance, she decided to train her legs along with cardio before she left.

“Okay here’s the plan, you pretend to be hurt and I’ll knock out the guy who comes in”

“...shouldn’t you pretend to be hurt?”

“no no they need to lower their guards enough! If I was the one injured they would still be cautious of you”

“...That’s true. So what injury should I pretend to have?”

Without talking I opened the wound on my hand with the dagger. Stunned he stares at me bewildered and before he understood as I swiped the blood across his chest and mouth. His face turned green as if he was about to puke, which made the performance even better.

“Internal bleeding, let’s just say that”

He stares at me with murderous eyes and shaking body while I wrap my hand up with my handkerchief.

“I know you hate it but bear with it for a bit. If only you were a vampire...you would be jumping in joy right now!”

“Vampire?”

“Never mind, quickly go lie down”

Zheng Fui gave a sigh before laying down on the ground and closed his eyes. Seeing him like this is quite pleasing, if he only stopped glaring and passing hatred eyes he would look even better.

Now time to get the act on!

“HELP HELP! THIS MASTER STARTED SPITTING OUT BLOOD AND FAINTED!! HE LOOKS LIKE HES ON THE VERGE OF THE DEATH DOOR”

Hearing that, black lines started appearing on Zheng Fui's face,

How dare she curses my death!

After a while, victim number 1 comes crashing in and kneels in front of Zheng Fui to check his breathing. I on the other hand whacks the chair onto his head causing him to faint over Zheng Fui. Another guy comes in seeing the situation he prepares to attack me but before he could I threw some sand into his face and using the delay I used the remaining of the chair to whack him.

The last guy who was the bearded man arrived quickly and attacked me with a stick right on my head before I could attack him.

“You dare hit my head?!? If I turn stupid you have to take responsibility!”

Angered I started hitting him with all my might, using the other chair to avoid the dagger.

Before the eyes of Zheng Fui, he was astounded by this mere sight of a tiny woman hitting this man until he started resembling more like a pig. Seeing that the pig was not moving she then turned towards me.

“...blood”

“What?”

“Your head is bleeding”

Once again her anger ignited and she spat on him.

How dare he make me bleed on my head?! This isn’t the 24th century! I could die of concussion! Aren’t they just kidnappers?! Did they want to turn into a murderer too?!

Hmph, he won’t die from this external injuries. I’m not that strong actually, but I know where to hit from experiences, making them easier to surrender.

Just as I was about to grab Zheng Fui to run, the bearded man was holding a tiny dagger and aimed at Zheng Fui. Seeing that, my instinct was to knock the dagger off his hands but instead I got slashed on my hand.

God dammit haven't I bled enough? Now both hands have open wounds on them! How can I cook like this!?

Having me block for Zheng Fui, he couldn't help but he changed his target to me and started slashing the knife ruthlessly into my way.

While I tried to back up hastily, without the chair I was vulnerable to the dagger.

Oi oi oi this is getting dangerous! I need to a stable footing!

Author's note:

I've noticed that I tend to make grammar errors here and there, and my eyes somehow skims it over T_T, please feel free to point them out!

3