Chapter 12: Catfished
45 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You are willing to hire us, and pay us? Even have a place to live? Buahaha you little girl? How are you able to do that?” asked the bearded man who was overwhelmed by emotions at first, but soon logic kicked in. Disbelief shocked him at how he was almost persuaded by the ungrounded promise.

“ho ho ho, right now, money isn’t the main issue, just starting the business. I’m planning on opening a restaurant for now, and I will need people to help me”

The 4 bandits looked at her as if she was crazy,

“Are you kidding me girl? You are just a fucking little girl! Where do you expect to get the money besides from your fucking dad? And a fucking little girl opening a business? That’s a fucking joke right?”

I was angered by this statement knocked his head with a fish a couple of times, before dropping the fish, letting a ‘bang’ sound as it dropped to the ground.

“Money? I got it here and this master over there will be giving me more”, I said as I proudly opened up the bullies of the catfishes, letting the gold bars drop out one by one.

Zheng Fui stared at the gold in disbelief, feeling tricked once again, his face blackened. While the scarred man bandit’s face instantly turned red with anger,

“You! YOU! YOU HID IT THERE ALL ALONG! YOU DID TAKE THE GOLD!”

“Ahaha, minor issues. You see I needed more money to start by business, and I just happened to find some gold! Now you can work for me! Isn’t that a win-win situation?”

All of the bandits felt like coughing up blood at this point, towards her face.

Zheng Fui couldn’t help but ask, “And I still need to pay you 2000 gold?! Give me back the jade!”

“Well the promise didn’t include any restrictions. So too bad Master Fui, next time make your deals more clear cut”

Now, Zheng Fui felt like coughing up blood too.

“So where are your children?” I asked, staring at the four of them.

“…how did you know we have children?”

“You shouted that you did just a while ago, mister”

“…are you going to take them to get the branding too?”

“No, I’m worried they would be hungry while waiting for you guys”

“You don’t need to know this information” the bearded man said, as he refused to risk their safeties in the hands of this young wicked girl.

“Okay, you take those 5 fishes then. I live in Fai’s residence in the city, you can come look for me tomorrow if you are willing to work for me. But if you aren’t willing to work for me then I better not catch you kidnapping people again! I will be on the lookout for missing people around this area, and if there are any, my drawing skills are famous in this area for being realistic, so better watch yourself” Xu Fai said, as she started to untie the ropes on the arms of the weakest one.

Zheng Fui grabbed her, and asked,

“Are you actually going to let them go? They are criminals you know that right? What if they kill us as soon as we untie them?”

Xu Fai went closer to Zheng Fui, who inched away from this dirty creature, but Xu Fai just went closer and hooked his head down causing him to break out in shivers and almost retched at the smell of the mud mixed with fish. She whispered to him before he can breakout,

“Hehe, you are good at running right?”

Taken aback by her question, he stopped struggling, and asked “Run? Yes… I suppose so”

“I’m only untying one, and the rest he can help untie. We run in the meantime okay?”

“…I swear meeting you is one of the unluckiest moments in my life. I won’t report them for now, and I will use it to blackmail you in the future” Zheng Fui concluded, as he broke free out of her grasp and started leaving first before she could respond.

Sigh, this young master is actually quite crafty too.

Finally, releasing the first bandit, I started running with the golds wrapped in my stomach as if I was pregnant.

Author's note:

HEHE get the title?? xD 

Sad news, I will be updating slower now :( I have an exam coming up T_T back to reality 

3