Chapter 9 – Nicknames
230 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Delta was the first to reach his dormitory, so he pulled off his clothes and stepped into the shower, letting the hot water envelop him, blanketing him in steam.

He showered quickly, scrubbing off any dirt that had accumulated on his body before stepping out and drying himself down. 

He looked in the mirror, checking for any facial hair that might have grown. The person he saw in the mirror was still alien to him, seeming far more well built then he had been as a child. He had jet black hair that fell over his eye because of the water, and he still had two eyes rather than a large scar down his left one. 

Delta was in good shape, faint ab lines running down his stomach. His arms were relatively slender, but he was in better shape than most people he had met. Either way, his current physical shape wasn't even close to what it was when he was a mercenary, and he had already felt the repercussions of that when Athena had gotten into his room.

He decided then that he would go for runs in the morning and lift weights after class until he got back into his ideal body shape. He opened the door to the bathroom and stepped out into the dorm room’s hub where Arlo and Arthur were standing along with the silver-haired girl from before and someone who seemed to be her lackey. 

The four stared shocked at Delta, who stared back confusedly. The silver-haired girl began to blush whilst her follower simply shielded her eyes politely. 

It took a few seconds for Delta to realise that they were surprised at the little clothing he was actually wearing, but in his defence, mercenaries would often change in front of each other as privacy was often a luxury on the front lines. 

He quickly walked over to his bedroom and pulled on the clothes he had worn on his first day at the academy. He still had no clothes other than this and his uniform, but he knew there was a shopping area on the school grounds for students to spend their money at, so he could pay it a visit with his new-found wealth.

Now that he was decently dressed, Delta returned back to the common room, where the four had sat down, introducing themselves to a fifth member of the group who had arrived recently. He was standing as far away from the four as the room would permit, and stank of rotting fish and decaying corpses. 

Delta put two fingers to his nose, trying to block out the horrible smell that had permeated throughout the room before finally giving up and sticking two cotton buds he had found in the bathroom into his nostrils.

He sat down beside the silver-haired girl, putting his feet up on the coffee desk and leaning back onto the sofa. She looked over at him, still slightly flushed by his peculiar entry, before turning back to the newest arrival.

“Now that we’re all here, allow me to introduce myself! I’m Arnol-”

“Lil Fatty,” Delta corrected.

“Huh?”

“That’s the name I’ve chosen for you.”

He pointed at the other four, starting with Arlo before moving across and ending with Veronica. 

“Brat, Side-character, Edgy and Lackey. You’re now Lil Fatty.” (ED: So just to make it clear for everyone, 

Arnold is Lil Fatty(the one who was late to initiation)

Veronica is Lackey

Arlo is Brat

Diana is Edgy 

Arthur is Side-Character)

 

Lil Fatty looked at him for a moment before finally saying, “What’s your name then?”

“I’m Delta.”

“Then you shall be Alpha”

Delta chuckled, clearly rather fond of the nickname, but strangely, the rest of the group began to nod instead.

“I think that’s a great name for him. Really suits his bloated ego,” Arlo quipped. 

“Agreed. If my name is going to be Lackey, I’ll have to remind him about the egomaniac who came up with it.”

Delta sat up, mouth wide and hand on heart in mock heartbreak. 

“I vote against it?” he added hopefully.

“Nope,” they all echoed back.

 

Suddenly, a bell rang overhead, echoing from an alarm in the corner of the room. The girls sighed before getting up, packing their things and getting ready to go. 

“We have to go now, because Lower School rules suck, but let’s make a group chat so we can keep in touch,” Diana said as she pulled out a small pen-like object made of a silver metal, then pulled it apart so that the stick split apart in the middle, a blue, somewhat transparent window appearing between both halves.

She quickly scrolled between the many screens before reaching one with a green background and a white pair of winged sandals in the middle.    (ED: The original idea was a white bird…. Good thing that was scrapped, now it’s just called messenger. XD)

The device was a more advanced version of the mobile phones Delta knew of, and went by the name Crystal Tablet, or CT for short. Delta had grown accustomed to mobile phones back when he was a mercenary, but since he didn’t have a device now, he added it to the list of things he would have to buy the next day after classes. 

Everyone took turns tapping their numbers into Diana’s CT, letting Lil Fatty read his CT out from memory instead. When they got to Delta, however, they were shocked to find that he didn't have a Crystal Tablet.

“I’ll buy one tomorrow after class, so add me to the chat then.”

They nodded, before saying their farewells for the night and heading towards their own rooms. 

The time was near midnight now, so they decided to get some sleep in preparation for the next night. 

11