Chapter 3
612 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This idea had been approved by everyone, but Su Su had just seen someone die in front of her. She couldn't accept their cruel plan and was about to stop it.

Suddenly, the system let out an ear-piercing sound.

〚Warning, warning! The host will be OOC, please get rid of this idea!!〛

Su Su instantly felt a splitting pain in her head. Her hands under the table grasped the corners of her skirt tightly, her knuckles turning white.

Although Gu Jingxi was talking to the other people, he had always been paying attention to Su Su. When Su Su's face turned white, he immediately asked in concern, "Darling, what's wrong?"

Of course, Su Su didn't dare to speak the truth. Not only did she not dare to, but also showed a domineering expression and said, "Dad, your daughter is so powerful, what can't I do?"

Gu Jingxi laughed loudly, acknowledging Su Su's arrogance.

While the two were talking, the guards standing by had already pushed forward the enormous cage holding the beasts.

In the giant cage that could hold several tens of people were three ferocious wolves. They had been starved to the point where their stomachs lay flat. When the wolves saw the people outside the cage, they bared their fangs with a fierce look. Their greedy stares were locked onto each person, their heads banging against the cage walls, trying to reach the food in their sight.

But since the cage was made up of countless pieces of wood as thick as an adult man's arm, their banging had no effect at all.

After the guard had placed the cage in the center, the clan head that had previously proposed the idea waved his hand to let the guard drive the group of slaves into the giant cage.

The kneeling slaves turned pale. One of them, who was only a bag of bones, struggled and shouted, "Please, no! I don't want to, I don't want to die!"

But his struggle was useless. Two guards joined hands to easily drag him away.

The clan head who had indirectly caused that scream said darkly, "So noisy, cut him down."

As soon as that sentence fell, the shouts stopped abruptly and Su Su watched another life disappear before her eyes.

The blood splatter covered three feet and her stomach turned, almost vomiting. She quickly shifted her gaze away and it happened to land on Chu Mo, who was looking up at them.

Separate from the panic and fear of other people, Chu Mo's dark eyes were filled with anger and hatred. The strong emotions seemed like they would turn into a real flame that would burn them all into ashes.

Su Su couldn't bear to look directly at him and subconsciously turned away.

Because someone had already been killed, although the remaining slaves trembled in fear, they still walked into the cage under the guards' watchful eyes.

Chu Mo was the last one to enter. Although his face was just as pale as the other slaves, Su Su could see that he was not the same as the others.

His back was straight, both like a white poplar on the edge of a mountain cliff and like a nobleman with a good background. Even if he would encounter terrible things, no matter how embarrassed he would be, he would not lose his dignity nor face.

Although Su Su knew that Chu Mo would survive against the combat beast, she still felt extremely anxious.

She stared unblinkingly at the giant cage, where Chu Mo was facing against the three wolves.

These wolves had already been starved for several days, making them fierce and violent. As soon as Chu Mo and the others entered, the wolves attacked without even waiting for the cage's door to close.

Two of the frightened slaves were instantly killed, while the rest tremblingly tried to find a hiding place.

However, after the three wolves killed their prey, they only wanted to eat and didn't attack again. This made the surrounding audience feel dissatisfied and they immediately urged the guard to remove the body from the cage.

The wolves were robbed of their food and forced to attack again.

For the audience to be more exciting, the cruel patriarchs didn't give the slaves any weapons, letting them fight the wolves with only their bare hands.

In a short amount of time, five or six of the 10+ slaves had already died, with the rest forced to evade the wolves' rapid attacks.

The long withholding of food made the already hungry wolves even more irritable, increasing the wolves' attack speed.

Like the others, Su Su gave her full attention to the situation inside the cage, but unlike the others, she was not excited nor thrilled. The other people were excited by the blood inside the cage, but Su Su was worried.

After Su Su watched Chu Mo cooperate with the other surviving slaves to kill the wolves, her heart that had been hanging in the air finally dropped to the ground.

Several clan heads were quite dissatisfied that it was the slaves' victory and angrily criticized the wolves. They then killed the guards who had captured the wolves to vent.

Su Su smelled the increasingly strong stench of blood in the air and nearly suffocated.

"Since there are so many survivors, why not try another test?"

"Right, the three wolves were too weak, not interesting at all."

The six slaves who were kneeling on the ground looked at them, who were still not finished, disbelievingly.

"It's been a long time since I played a game of torture. How about doing it this time, too?"

"There are only six slaves, it's not enough."

"What's the matter? Just take a few more from the slaves' area."

"It's entertaining comparing our ideas, how about whoever will suicide first?"

This group of people had already sentenced them to death with four lines, and one of them had even passed out directly.

When Su Su had read the novel, she had already thought that these people were very cruel. But when it came to actual anger, there wasn't much.

After all, they were only in the novel and not real people.

But right now, hearing what these people were saying, anger exploded from the bottom of her heart like a volcano.

She could feel Chu Mo's tangible fury and felt a little guilty. She didn't even have the courage to lift her head up.

"Then I'll pick the slaves first," said a middle-aged man with a potbelly as he stood up. He walked towards the slaves, his eyes on the angry Chu Mo. Chu Mo's face was twisted with anxiety.

"I think this slave isn't bad at all. If no one else wants him, I'll take him!" The big-bellied middle-aged man hurried forward, grabbing Chu Mo by the hair.

Just when Su Su was about to stand up and stop him, Chu Mo grabbed the middle-aged man's hand and broke it.

"Ahh—" The middle-aged man screamed, clutching his broken hand with a distorted expression of pain.

The others were stunned by this sudden situation. It seemed that no one had thought a slave would have dared to be so bold.

Su Su was also slow to react. She had even temporarily forgotten the scene's description in the novel.

Unlike other people, Chu Mo would rather die than be trampled on like this, so he had already been resolved to die.

Su Su was glad that she was not the first to choose Chu Mo just now, or else she would have been the one with the broken hand.

She watched Chu Mo, who was glaring at the middle-aged man. His dark eyes, flashing with coldness, made Su Su shiver.

"Quick, bring someone to hold him down! Break his hands and feet!" A frightened patriarch yelled anxiously from the next table.

The guards at the side immediately rushed forth and held down Chu Mo, who was struggling desperately. After holding him down, four of the guards pinned his limbs down separately.

Seeing that a guard had taken out a stick to crush Chu Mo's hands and feet, Su Su knew that it was finally her turn on the stage.

"Stop."

***

TL Note:

If you thought this chapter was shorter than the previous one, you're right: In the raws, this chapter has 2221 Chinese characters while Chapter 2 has 3979 Chinese characters.

1