Ch4- Man in the mirror
115 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What happened while I was sleeping?” I asked.

“We all woke up, strolled around in this little isolated place that we inhabit” she said.

I looked around to see a barrier on my right. It was like glass, almost invisible if it weren’t for the sunlight reflecting on it. Behind Hyun Jae and Daniel was a neat orange house. It was a two story high building. Above its door was a giant board that said “trading center”. On the right side of the building was a three story building. It’s door was facing towards the Trading center. And above its door read “Inn”  Behind those two houses far away a glass barrier could be seen. That barrier was connected to the previous barrier I saw. It stretched into the ocean and its end could not be seen by my eyesight.

The door of the trading center swung open. Or rather it was kicked open by the woman standing behind it. The blue twin tail haired woman in swimsuit sprang out of the place as she drank a can of juice. After she was done she threw the can on the sandy beach and looked at me.  

“Finally, took you long enough to wake up. The name is Tuya. Nice to meet you”
Tuya’s picture:


“Amoria” I said quickly.

“Hey, stop littering” said Daniel and picked up the can from the ground.

“Oh sorry, didn’t know that there was a cop around here” said Tuya and stared towards the sunset as she muttered:

“What a beautiful angel”.

She looked at me with a sweet smile and talked.

“So, wanna introduce yourself? Your job, life, hobbies. According to Antonio, we’re a team”

“I don’t have a job. Not currently at least. How many of us are here?” I said.

“12 in this area. There is probably plenty of other people in the wishgame. But the barrier is blocking access to them. And we actually saw other players behind the barrier. But the barrier is also sound proof. So we interacted with writings on a board once” reported Tuya.

“Did Antonio say anything while I was sleeping?”

“Oh, he said he was gonna speak with us through the tv screen soon. On the first floor of the inn” said Tuya.

“Oh yeah, it’s about time for that, isn’t it?” said Hyun Jae from behind her.

Daniel, Hyun Jae, Tuya and I walked towards the inn. The inn was a barren wooden building, reminded me of all the western flicks I watched. Tuya was the one to rush and push the door open for us. I carefully looked at the steps below, hoping that it wouldn’t break down due to my weight and climbed up. The lighting of the inn was hollow, amour of beer and alcohol was in the air. A man was sitting on a chair in front of the bar of the bartender with his back towards us.

“Hey, the sleeping beauty woke up. Don’t you wanna say hi to our new teammate?” asked Hyun jae.

“No, maybe later. I’m not feeling well” said the man with a deep voice.

“Oh yeah, your voice really does sound more burly and lower than usual. Didn’t know alcohol could do that to people” said Daniel sarcastically.

Indeed, the man’s low voice does sound a little unnatural. I hoped that he was alright. I walked towards the man in hopes of seeing what’s wrong…wait…no way. A familiar face was being reflected on the glass container that had drinks behind it. That face and those eyes. It was Drake!
Drake picture:

Source: Artbreeder.

Boiling rage of fire ingulfed my body. I grabbed hold of the man’s shoulder and pulled. The chair under him spun around, revealing the face of the man, the myth, the legend, that damn bastard who masterminded my nightmare. His cheeks were bulging and puffy. Before I knew the cause for this, he spit the liquid inside his mouth towards me. My reaction was slow. Something splashed on my face and I retreated. It was beer. When I opened my eyes he was gone.

“Hey, where are you going?” asked Tuya. I turned around to see Drake’s back as he sprinted out of the inn.

“Damn you!” I cried and left the inn after him.

1