Chapter 12 – Living Together
462 19 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the whole questioning about my name, age, and all sort of details in the Hyperion, it was decided that I would be living together in the same dorm as Himeko. Normally, Theresa wouldn't allow a man to ever step into Valkyrie Dorm. However, once I told her that I will only follow the deal if I would be around Himeko, in a literal sense, she reluctantly agrees with it. 

Well, one of the reasons might be because I told them that I can safely cure Himeko of her 'sickness' so long as I'm around her. Of course they didn't believe me at first. I then told them to leave us alone so that I can cure some of her symptoms, before they could reject, Himeko took the bait. Though she appeared strong, she also didn't want to die young—at least before having a family.

When I was alone with her, I didn't rush to do it but instead, decides to talk to her. I asked about her life, her motivation, and all sorts of things in which she honestly answered. It was there that I learned a few things that neither the game nor manhua had. When I have nothing else to ask, I told her the treatment is done to which she responded back with the most hilarious look I ever seen on her face.

When the people and Theresa walked into the room alongside their medical specialists, they were pleasantly surprised that Himeko's lifespans had mysteriously increased by a few years. That was the deciding factor.

While we were speaking, I was half focusing on the task of healing her with my herrscher power. And as I expected, it works exactly as I thought. Specifically, I siphoned the leftovers Honkai energy in her before healing the corruption that it had done to her body. I wanted to fully cure her on the spot, but without a bargain chip, I don't think they will listen to me so I refrained.

Also, though there's bomb planted near my heart, it doesn't mean that I can't use my herrscher power at all. I'm limited in what I can do, yes. But my hands isn't exactly tied cause of it. In fact, I can just destroy it before it can explode and turn me into mincemeat. It's all about giving them the assurance that I won't use my power to hurt them. I'm sure they themselves knows that the bomb they planted won't put a scratch on me.

When I read the manhua, I found it unbelievable too that Mei didn't mind having a mini-bomb planted near her heart. And when she awakened her herrscher power again, there were no mentioning about her heart exploding. I believe the 'bomb' is nothing but a reminder to inform Mei that her herrscher persona might take over her body. That was why I'm not afraid of doing the same.

Though honestly, I'm feeling excited about it somewhat. I have lived in a lot of different kinds of situation, living on the edge is also one of them. Isn't it both exciting and interesting of having a bomb that can explode anytime if you use the power that exceed the limit of it? 

St. Freya High, Valkyrie Dormitory.

The moment I stepped into the room of a single valkyrie, I wasn't surprise to see how messy it is. She coughed in embarrassment upon noticing my gaze on her empty alcohol bottles stacking at the side. 

"I think you ought to clean your room for a bit, don't you think?" I said with a chuckle. 

"Hmph, if you don't like the mess, why don't you help me instead?" She harrumphed as if to hide her embarrassment away.

"Well then," I nodded before taking a brief look throughout the room, locating where the trash is. Once my short inspection is done, I snap my fingers and everything in the room were immediately rearranged by an invisible force to its rightfully place. Items that she didn't need or simply trash were put together in the same corner, while those that she might needed were put neatly in the living room. 

"Well, aren't you useful?" She muttered in amazement at the sight of everything happening in front of her. "What kind of herrscher are you anyway? Lightning? Void?" She curiously ask while guiding me through her dorm. 

"What do you think?" 

"Well, you had only shown me that you can fly and move stuff around with just a small movement, so Herrscher of Physic?" I let out a small laugh at her response which caused her to glare at me.

"You're not wrong, but not right either. Let's just say, something as simple as that is something I believe any herrscher can do. As for the real answer, that's a secret for you to figure out."

"Well if you want to keep it a secret, then you do that. Anyway, this will be your room from now on. It's pretty small considering the other rooms, but you don't mind do you? It's not like I'm holding a grudge or something."

Upon stepping into the room, I take a quick look and just as she says, it's a small room with a single bed and some space enough for two furnitures. It also has a window, fortunately. Overall, it isn't bad in my opinion. Heck, it might be better than my own room.

It's quite dusty but that's as to be expected for someone who had trash everywhere in her dorm. "No, it isn't that bad. With just a bit of clean up, it will be ready for me." 

She nodded her head. But then both of us Suddenly heard the sound of the door unlocked to which we slowly walk out of the room heading back to the living room. I already knew ahead of time that there will be more people living in the same dorm, so I'm not too bother when I sees Kiana's group alongside Theresa. 

Though that didn't mean the four has the same thoughts as mine. The moment they saw me, their reactions vary. Kiana for example; that looks in her eyes feels as if she's glaring at her rival. Bronya didn't show any obvious reaction, but who knows what she's thinking inside that small head of her. Just as that thought crossed my mind, she starts staring at me with that indifference eyes of hers. Mei however seems like she wanted to say something to me, probably something to do with me saving her three days ago.

"What a surprise, I thought your dorm was messy when I last visited." Theresa said, breaking the silence in the room. Himeko coughed in response but choose to remain silent about that embarrassing topic and instead, decides to introduce me to the three girls who obviously didn't know about me.

"This guy here is Miyamoto Kei. I'm sorry to say this, but he will be living with you guys from now on. Don't worry, I will be watching him so that he won't do anything that will arouse suspicion on him, will you?" She then directed her last question at me, which I nodded. I don't plan to do anything to them to begin with. If any, I will just protect them silently in the background. Or maybe I can train them myself so that they will be prepare for future events?

That's something to consider but for now, I need to make sure they feel welcome to my presence before the whole planning. 

If you enjoy the read so far, don't forget to favorite, or comment, whatever suits your taste!

Also, you might want to check out my patreon if you're interested for more chapters ahead of the daily release!(5 Chapters)

https://www.patreon.com/NeetGuy

12