Chapter 1 Beginnings
177 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Writhing darkness, warm, wet… home. I wake up in my den, my family all around, warm, I can feel them moving. It is time to work, the den needs food, the babies need food, we need food. We move spreading out leaving the den through the crack in the wall. The air fills with many smells but overpowering over the rest is the smell that comes with the tunnels, under the leadership of the alpha, the strongest, we have discovered most tunnels nearby the den. I look left and right seeing the rough walls and the thin walkways on either side of the water, we know not to drink this water though as those of my brethren that did die.

We spread out to collect food and the alpha stays in the den and eats our tribute, I see them running in all directions, some of the braver ones even swim across the water to get to less traveled areas. While we have mapped out the tunnels nearby there are always changes, new food, new dangers, and new obstacles. I move to the left after leaving the den and continue through the maze of tunnels searching for new food in the safer areas we have control over. Some of us go the same way as me, others different, but the goal is the same, food. I hear clicking around the corner and growling from ahead. I hide as I see a large creature on two legs storming by. One of my brethren hides poorly near some mushrooms and as the giant goes by it kicks them sending them flying against a wall killing them. It lets out a hearty growl “HA!” as it kills my brethren in an instant. I smell food coming from the large creature though, the smell of blood, the smell of flesh. I follow the giant watching from the dark as it turns a countless corners bringing me far away from the mapped tunnels. It stops, looks around, and drops a large objects it must have been carrying into the water. It flees quickly but I remain, the smell of flesh is coming from the object it dropped.

What it dropped floats in the water. I jump onto the object, the overpowering smell of flesh and rot taking over my senses as hunger boils up from within. I bite and… nothing its dry I can taste some blood but its not meat, but that smell, I keep gnawing through the dry stringy fibers and then… wet. I hit the flesh under the thick stringy skin and its amazing. Fresh. I burrow through the meat my mind overcome with the pleasure of eating such a large portion. As I eat I realize the meat is another of the giants but this one dead. I don’t care as long as its food. I keep eating and eating, gnawing away at the flesh, I should have stopped eating and brought the rest to the den but it was too good and there was so much anyway. I keep eating the juicy insides till I get to a large wad of flesh filled to the brim with blood. I decide to eat this last bit and then stop, even though I’m full to bursting already. I dig into the chunk and the meaty parts are extremely tough but my teeth make quick work of it blood flows across my body dyeing my fur crimson as I keep eating. One last bit is left before I head back, it was too tough to bite through almost stone like but the smell wafting from it makes me yearn to eat it. I try to bit through for the next few minutes but cant, I decide to swallow it whole, it will be fine its not too big around the size of a beetle. I swallow it whole and as I do I feel amazing, the warmth flows through me and with the comfort of the corpse around me I cant help but want to fall into a deep slumber to digest this bountiful harvest I’ve eaten, and I sleep.

I wake up to an unfamiliar sound *DING*

Congratulations user you have consumed a Seed Of Potential to start your journey to greatness please think “Start”

I’m confused. I don't recognize the symbols appearing in my mind but I understand them.

“START” I think. Or at least I think the meaning of start.

Race: Sewer Rat
Str: 1
Wis: 6 (+5)
Lvl: 1/5 43.5%
End: .33
Cha: .1
Hp 1/1
Agi: 13
Luk: 12
Mp N/A
Int:10.5(+10)

These are your stats :) Stat changes since before you absorbed a Seed Of Potential have been displayed. To continue the tutorial please think “Skills”, “Titles”, and “Quest Log”

Quest Get:

Finish Tutorial

Finish the tutorial

Reward: Level Up, Title, Extra Skill Point

I’m confused, I’m not sure what is happening but the knowledge being pumped into my mind tells me its a good thing.

“Skills”

Skill/Level
Effects
Hide Lvl 2/5
Hiding is more effective
Bite Lvl 1/5
Teeth are sharper during bites and bite strength up
Seed Of Potential Lvl 1/1 *New*
Grow and become the best :)
Skill Shop Lvl 1/1 *New*
Use skill points on new skills

Two of these are new. They seem to be related to whatever is happening to me.

“Titles”

Title
Effect
Seed Of Potential Fused
Get Skills Seed Of Potential and Skill Shop

Hmm. Whatever this seed of potential is its changing me my mind is getting sharper and also these crazy things are happening. Only one thing left to finish the quest it gave me. “Quest Log”

Quests
Progress
Finish Tutorial
3/3

*DING*

Quest Finish:

Finish Tutorial

Status: Complete
Rewards:
Lvl+1
Title “Pupil” +5% exp gain
Skill Point + 1

“I’ve finished what it asked me to do so now what, I'm hungry again so I’ll eat some more of this body I guess.” I eat till I'm full but I don't eat as much as the first time I ate it. I climb out of the corpse and look around. The body I slept in seems to have floated down the sewage river as I have no idea where I am. The tunnels are all uniform so it seems familiar but no other rats are around and I don’t recognize any of the details I use as landmarks. I’ll have to find a safe place to stay at least for now because all this change has drained me mentally. I look both ways down the tunnel and decide to turn right.

*DING*

Quest Get:

Find A Home

Find a safe place to stay for tonight
and stay there at least one night
safely.

Rewards: Extra Skill point

8