Chapter 4 Power Leveling
93 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should I include side stories for world building?
  • Yes Votes: 13 61.9%
  • No Votes: 8 38.1%
Total voters: 21

While pumped full of adrenaline and energy from the stat increase I decide to go hunting for some larger prey than flies. Maybe some mice if I can find some although back at my old home they hardly ever were found in the tunnels. I search, this time by sound, for living prey. I listen for a scratch, a breath, a footfall. As I search I kill quite a few bugs that increase my level progress to 60.5% all together, while the bugs are steady they are too little and I’m not getting progress fast enough. I hear heavy footsteps ahead along with loud clanging sounds and the strange yelling of giants.

I rush ahead to see what is going ahead cause of all the noises and the smell of blood. I see two giants wearing shiny covers and carrying shiny objects, one is holding a glowing stick and I can feel the heat from it all the way down the tunnel where I’m watching from. The two giants are attacking multiple of those giant rats that nearly killed me, they are attacking with the strange shiny objects in their hands that seem to be like a large claw or something, similar to the stick the green giant carried, and they allow them to attack the rats at a distance and stronger. A giant rat loops around one of them and attacks the giant’s back but its teeth bounce off the shiny cover it’s wearing and the giant swings around lopping the head off the giant rat. The giants after killing all the giant rats collect their teeth and look at something one of them is carrying. After looking at the thing they are carrying and discussing with strange sounds for a second they turn around and walk off.

I approach the bodies of the giant rats and I start to eat.

*DING*

Title Gain:

Cannibal

Effects:
Str + 1, (since cannibalism is normal for your species no charisma drop), + 1 Skill Point

Good job on the title :) not all will be this easy plus this one was easier because those giants killed the rats for you but +1 Str is really good right now :)

After eating the bodies and feeling my muscles tighten and strengthen from the title effects I have an idea. Dragging the bodies back towards where I was hiding in some plants and after moving some dirt and green fuzz from the walls to make my hiding spot harder to see I cut up the body to let more blood out. I wait in my hiding spot to see what comes along to eat the bodies. After waiting a little while a large armored bug crawls up and starts eating the meat I left.

The bug is large twice my length and nearly twice my width. It has many legs each tipped with a sharp point. It has thick plates interlocking on its back protecting it. The pincers it has are large and sharp looking just as deadly as they are. My instincts are telling me to run away the moment I see it but my mind has another idea. I wait for its pincers to be turned away eating its food and thats when I move.

“SPRINT” I rush up to it faster than I’ve ever moved before and I leap onto its back teeth first clacking against its plates trying to rip one of them off. The bug is surprised by the sudden attack and cant see me on its back but it can feel me so it starts violently throwing its head and body back and forth trying to throw me off. My claws and teeth grip onto its plates for dear life finding the small gaps between the plates. I swing back and forth barely holding onto the insect as it tries to throw me off and then I feel something give… the plate I was clinging onto is flung from its body fleshy strands tearing as it is thrown off with me still clinging onto it. The bug lets out a high pitched screech as I slam into the wall and feel a crunch. Intense pain floods my body as I fall to the ground (-3 HP). Through the haze of pain I know if I stop now I’ll die so I move just in time to dodge a tackle from the insect and it jumps at me. Its head hits the wall when it misses me and I jump onto its back as its stunned and start biting the spot the plating came off and its flesh is exposed. As I move around I can feel the pain of where my bones must be broken but I ignore it as I keep biting into the bug as it shrieks and thrashes in pain. I dig into its body under the plates and with one final wail it stops moving dead *DING*

Killed: Giant Centipede Lvl 5
Gained: 30% level progress + 1 skill point

Level Up: +1 Skill Point

Bite has leveled up to 3
Sprint has leveled up to 3
2 Skill Points Awarded

Congrats on killing that absolute beast of a centipede :) it might not have evolved yet but it was right on the cusp so good job :)

With the extra experience from killing the centipede as I learned its called all I need is to kill a few more small bugs and I can gain another level. Pushing through the pain I kill some of the slower moving large beetles that were attracted to the blood of the Giant Rat and Giant Centipede until… *DING*

Race: Sewer Rat
Lvl 3/5 0.1%
Hp 5/5(+1)
Mp N/A
Str 3(+.5)
End 1.8(+.3)
-For .9
Agi 16(+1.5)
Int 11(+.25)
Wis 6.8(+.3)
Cha .15(+.05)
Luk 13(+1)

Free 1

As I feel my body grow stronger I also feel my bones heal and move back into place. I feel as if my whole body is brimming with energy and my body has grown much stronger. I put my free stat point into str because while my speed is enough my strength is nothing compared to any of the creatures I’ve encountered.

Race: Sewer Rat
Lvl 3/5 0.1%
Hp 5/5
Mp N/A
Str 4(+1)
End 1.8
-For .9
Agi 16
Int 11
Wis 6.8
Cha .15
Luk 13

While the level up feel like power rushing through me evenly and empowering my whole body using the free stat point feels like my muscles being inflated and packed more at the same time. I look back at my body and see I’ve grown nearly as large as the Alpha in my old home, with my muscles bulging slightly under my fur while also being toned. I do notice that some of my fur has little patches of thinned fur through where you can see my skin and my skin is cracked somewhat, this must by “Flesh Rot” but my Fortitude plus my natural resistance must be working cause I haven’t felt any different despite showing signs of the disease.

9