Chapter 2 – Fountain episode
176 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2 - Fountain episode

 

"What?! That's impossible." He was also about to pop his eyes out from shock. How could his sister even achieve this?

"This was six months worth of her certificate." His father said.

"Six months?!" She was able to win a thick stack of certificates within just six months!? He didn't know how to react. She has been acting weird these days, but he didn't expect such a change!

"Father, are you sure this wasn't made up? Maybe she paid the professors?" Victor entered his room and Michael followed behind.

"I asked that question to her adviser as well but she just congratulated Yvonne for her change, she thought that she changed for the better." Both Michael and Victor were very skeptical,  but the evidence before them was solid. As they continue to argue whether it was real or not, a girl was already sleeping in her room soundly.

Demi woke up at the usual time and wore her red blazer, this was a characteristic that confused Nova, she would always wear hot clothes even in summer, one time was when she still wore a black turtle neck even though the air conditioning inside her room was broken. Nova wasn't sure why? As far as the fluff ball knows, humans sweat, but not Demi? Nova was sure that it was just her personality and shrugged it off. The day started differently because of the female lead. She was the talk of the school, her innocent look, and pure natural beauty.

"My name is Natalie H. Williams, you may call me Nana, I hope we get along!" She was cheerful and bright in many ways.

'Why did she *stand out* again?' I asked Nova which was sitting right on the window sill on my left.

'Hmm. She was too good for her own good.' Even though that sounded rhetorical she got the meaning of what he said.

'Then how did the other *leads* stand out here?''

'The school prince is a cunning character and really attractive as well, he used that for his own advantage.'

'And the other lead?'

'You mean Alastair? He was smart...really smart for this world's standard.'

The female lead sat on the front of the class, she felt eyes on the back of her head, both of admiration and jealousy. The boys were interested and the women felt a sense of competition.

'Oh, sweet dear! I can already feel the spiritual energy!'

'Wait, wasn't it supposed to appear only when they interact with each other?'

'Yep, Prince already encountered her earlier in the office.' They already did? Then, weren't we supposed to be there?

'The energy wasn't present for long, so even if I wanted to I couldn't get to it at all.' As he spoke to me, Natalie sat (as expected) next to the supporting female-lead, that's what I call them so I could grasp the situation easily. The girl next to her is Hannah which according to Nova, always supported Natalie. Hannah was naturally attracted towards Natalie, not in a sexual way, but in genuine and pure admiration, Hannah was a character that was bullied, she had a very view of her self value, this contrasted to the bright, confident, and headstrong female-lead. She was like those mediums used to show how good the female-lead really was. They met in senior year, which is this year, and easily clicked, they were inseparable. Our first two classes went differently because everyone was staring at them, she was beautiful from head to toe and everyone wondered why she would approach the ugly duckling.

Right after the bell rang, Nova and I went to our first position, the garden. This is where Natalie first met the campus prince, Lucas Alexander Wertheimer. This was one of the "peak points" of their interaction. This was the first time Natalie was physically attracted to someone. She was originally saving Hannah's *ss from the bullies, but Hannah saw this as pity, got insecure, and turned her away. Natalie genuinely wanted to help her but was turned away. The school prince, who was in the corner of the building encountered her. According to the first impression, Natalie saw a man that embodied the word "Pristine", she saw her on the corner of her eye and fell in love at first sight when she saw his hazel eyes. Lucas, on the other side, didn't get any strong impression from her, she was just one of the students in school. Lucas's personality was cold and arrogant in nature, he didn't see anyone else but himself.

Nova and I leaned behind a tree in the garden which was placed in front of the fountain where the scene would begin.

'Did you bring what I asked for?' I asked the fluff ball which was sitting on my shoulder.

'Yep!' He handed me the strawberry lollipop that I told him to fetch for me. If I'm going to stay here and wait for I don't know how long, I might as well get something to eat and nibble on. I leaned my left shoulder on the large tree when I heard a splash. Hannah's books were thrown in the fountain and an argument started. Hannah continued stuttering and telling them to stop.

"P-please, I didn't do anything wrong-" She was caught mid-sentence because of a slap, the fake nails of the girl scratched her face. The sound of the slap rang across the garden and tears started falling from Hannah's eyes.

"You're desperate aren't you? Who would've thought you'd talk to the school prince!" When Hannah didn't reply, the girl pulled her hair and dumped her head on the fountain. I soon recognized who the three girls were. The one in the middle was Janine, she was the main antagonist and the two beside her were her "supporter". She would be significant to the story once the characters reach adulthood, it's what you can call the "main plot". We were currently in the prequel of the story. The first meeting of the protagonists and the backstory of why Janine and Natalie had bad blood.

'DAAAYUM, these seventeen-year-olds sure do be getting aggressive.' I joked. Even though it was meant to be a light comment, it felt heavy in my chest. This situation reminded me of what my aunt and her daughters did during my childhood.

'You want to help?' Nova asked.

'That'd ruin the spiritual energy from appearing.' I calmly said. Nova could sense small grief and pain from the girl beside her. Nova wanted to throw away the opportunity and save the girl Hannah it that's what Demi wanted, but he didn't want to touch on the matter anymore, he thought that it might hurt Demi.

"What the hell are you doing?!" And here comes the female lead saving the day. She pulled Hannah from their grasped and in turn, was almost scratched.

"What is it to you b*tch?!"

"Bullying is bad!"

"Bullying is bad- nye nye. What do you know country bumpkin? Don't tell me you're also interested in the prince?! The audacity!" The Delany, Lucas's family, and the Wood, Janine's family were old money, their connection dates back to the 1900s. Janine knows that she would be Lucas Delaney's bride, that she was meant for him. These feelings originally dated back at her 6th birthday when they first met.

"Even if she approached this Lucas or whatever =, doesn't mean you get to do this to her. So what if she's ugly? Or if she's dumb and stupid? That doesn't give you the right to bully her." This statement made Hannah embarrassed instead of feeling comforted.

'Pft- are they five-year-olds?' Honey, let me tell you one rule. You never, ever, point out someone's insecurities if you're trying to defend them. I told Nova as a matter of fact. If you're trying to comfort someone you just first met, you don't spew sh*t about them when you barely know them, that's an activity to do only when you get close enough with the person.

"You better go away or your precious prince would know how rotten you are." The argument continued. I slowly tuned out of their senseless argument and focused on Hannah. The poor girl was bullied and discouraged then her insecurities were all pointed out by someone she barely knew. When the heated argument died down, Janine threw Hannah's bag at Natalie's face which was already wet from the fountain. Hannah got pissed at Natalie and when she was about to turn on the corner, she saw Lucas. Here comes the male lead! Hannah was startled and even blushed, she just turned around and went the other way. She was walking so fast that she didn't even see me and bumped straight at me. Her stuff fell down and she picked it up. When she saw me she lifted her head up and saw me, she was embarrassed for some reason.

Demi noticed the scratch on her face which was slightly bleeding. She reached out for the pockets of her blazer and handed out a band-aid. This has been a habit of hers that she picked up from a classmate back in med school, it was convenient. She would bring different types of band-aids which helped her in different situations. Hannah glared at her, taking in the sincerity as Mockery.

"Are you mocking me?! Do you think that I'm pitiful? Have you ever known how painful it is to be ignored and be directed by disgusted gazes?! You little b*tches don't even know what I've been through! I have been patient for too long! I always try to give consideration to you guys that maybe you're having problems with your family, how about me?! Huh!? You've used me enough and now you're mocking me?!" Hannah burst out a long speech that too much energy. She was catching her breath after that and looked back at what she has done. The girl before her was a new student in the class, she doesn't even know that I'm being bullied! She was embarrassed when she realized this and didn't even know whether to apologize or not.

"You done?" Was the only thing that the new student told her, Hannah didn't really have any information regarding this new student, she was just there, physically. Hannah remembered that this girl, Yvonne was it? She was always out of it, she liked staring outside the window and wouldn't even listen. She despised her at first, during her elementary days. She didn't really have anything against her now that she returned for senior year.

"You should speak your mind sometimes, that way, you won't get pushed around." Demi bit her lollipop and slipped the band-aid inside Hannah's pocket and patted her shoulder as if to encourage her. She went past her and left just like that. Hannah didn't know what to feel, she was conflicted. She knew Yvonne back in 2nd grade, she had a crush at Lucas then. She didn't know why she returned in her senior year.

Hannah continued to be in a daze as she thought of Yvonne. The original Yonne was in love with Lucas in elementary and middle school days, and in 8th grade, she transferred schools, she went to the sister-branch of St. A school which was K school. The original Yvonne wasn't supposed to be enrolled back here, she was supposed to be sent to America. She was just a part of the prequel of the story, a girl that showed how Lucas was admired from a young age, that at an early age, girls already caught feelings for the boy. Yvonne Bella was to only appear two times.

'Did you catch it?' I asked Nova whether he got the energy, I didn't see the event happen because Hannah bumped into me. By the time our interaction ended, the two protagonists were already gone.

'Should I tell you what happened?' Nova, somehow, wanted to tell Demi what had happened, but she really didn't care, as long as the energy was absorbed so they can move on to the next event.

The fluffy guy was still hesitating whether to tell her or not...' She told me not to, but.' The fluffy cotton looked back at the garden, specifically the spot where the two were. Nova also looked in the window of the building that was also facing the garden. The large garden was at the center of two buildings, the Chemistry building, and the business building. Nova wanted to tell her about the two instances that weren't in the book he wrote.

7