1.1– Up Coming Storm*
240 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"EEEKKKKK!!!" A falcon soar through the sky. It's strong wings slash pass waves of winds and swirling tides of clouds.

Despite the large covers of dark cumulus clouds that hide the wide endless blue skies and golden sunshine of the sun, the dark shadow of the falcon still lingers flying, circling the ruined tribe below.

"EEEKKKKK!!"

Smoke rises up to the air, fires slowly being extinguished. However, silence seems to conquer this land once more. Death still stood as a winner.

Bodies piled up and were scattered all over. Houses were burned and ruined down to dust. Arrows pierced everywhere. Swords soak with blood on the ground. These swords failed to protect their masters and failed to slay their masters' enemies. Now, these swords were left like a pile of garbage to rust.

In the middle of this ruins, a child lay on the ground covered with blood. Her long black hair was drenched and covered with blood and dust. Her clothes were tattered and ragged. Her body is full of scars and wound. Warm blood still continue crawling on the ground from her back that was slice opened by a sharp sword.

Whether she is dead or alive, no one knows. Her eyes shut tight and her fingers neither twitched nor showed any signs of moving.

Only this seemingly majestic bird knows. This child is still alive.

Flying across the sky, above the ruined and destroyed tribe, a falcon soars and swiftly shifts body to fall. It spread its wings, like a knife, it sharply made its way towards the unconscious and dying child. With a swift movement, it flaps its wings and softly lands beside the child's head. It turned its head to the left and it's golden eyes gazed at the child on the ground. It then twisted it's neck to the other side, making it's other eye reflect the child once more.

The falcon seemed curious as it observed the figure of the child. It continuously moves its head, looking from the left eye then to the right. Then it moved its head closer and tapped the child's forehead with its beak as if trying to wake her up.

But there was no response.

Tap. Tap. Tap. However the child still didn't respond. No matter how much the falcon tries to wake up the child, the child's eyes don't have any signs of opening up.

Aggrieved, it shouted a fierce sharp cry, "EEEKKKKK!!!".

Observing a while more, the falcon moved closer and it tucked down and rubbed its head under the child's jaw and between her neck, as if to comfort the dying child– 'everything will be alright'.

The falcon then raised its head again, and faced the child. A glint or resolute light flash by it's golden iris. The falcon then opened its beak, and a surprising phenomenon occurred that was once told in a legend.

Blinding light came out of the falcon's beak, turning into sparkling golden beads. The falcon then hurriedly placed the golden bead into the dying child's half open mouth, and the golden bead automatically turned into a liquid, sliding inside the child's throat.

Immediately, as the child swallowed the liquid fed by the falcon, the dying child miraculously woke up.

With fluttering eyelashes, her heavy eyelids slowly rose. Dazed dark globe eyes stared in the air, completely unaware of what's happening.

"Eeeekk!" Attracting the child's attention, the falcon called out loudly. It gazed gently as it looked at the child slowly turning her head to its direction.

"...h-hayabusa..."

Hoarse voice soft sounded with harsh breathing from painful torture coming from the cuts and bruises all over her body.

Rubbing its head on her cheek, the falcon responded with intimate gentle comfort.

"...Hayabusa..." Large drops of tears drop from the child's eyes. Knowing what the falcon has done to save her. The child can't do anything as it regretfully mourns her own uselessness as she witnesses her own guardian slowly losing its life. With one last shriek of cry, the falcon lay beside the child.

Wind blows, stroking the falcon's feather. But unlike how it was before, the falcon stayed on the ground without moving. It's golden eyes no longer have its own unique glimmer.

Sensing the falcon had already fallen beside her, the child cried. Her throat hurts like it was being scratched by sharp nails. Her body hurts, pain shot stabbing her everywhere.

But the pain in her heart and soul can't compete with all these superficial wounds.

She didn't know why this was happening.

The child looked up at the dark clouds gathering in the sky. As of feeling the wrath of the child under it, thundering noise could be heard, impatiently wanting to strike out and let out a roar of thunder with slash of lighting on the ground.

...

...

...

Meanwhile, somewhere beyond the deserted lands, thousands of tents lining up in an orderly manner surrounding the much larger and more luxurious looking tent out of all tents with this army camp.

Inside, a majestic looking dragon chair sat a man wearing golden armor. His eyes reflect that of blood and war. He has an aura of a ruler, as well as the aura of a killer. Murderous intent surged out from his body unable to keep it in, after going through so much excitement from the ongoing expedition.

Suddenly, the man's ears twitched as the sky let out a loud roar of thunder. He looked up with his chin propping against his clenched fist.

"...a storm is looming over."

 

14