1.11– People Beyond the Wall
47 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

...

...

"...haa...ah...ugh–" 

Holding his injured arm, Ro ran towards the direction of the cave, where the people of Rouran Tribe went to evacuate.

He was in a hurry. He really has a bad feeling in his heart. He quickened his pace, and ran without stopping. Blood flowed from his wound, dripping down the ground.

He only has one thought in his mind right now, and that is to get to the cave immediately. He didn't know the situation of the cave after he left. 

That day, when the Invaders retreated, those who fought for the front lines came to the cave one by one. There were also those who didn't manage to evacuate on time and hide in their homes, and the others who came with them from the start, but went back to the tribe to look for others, and this includes old Ji.

When old Ji and the others came to the cave, little Ken was carrying little Bori Kahn in his arms. 

Little Bori Kahn was asleep, no, he was unconscious. Little Ken said that little Bori Kahn was in too much of a shock after his mother died in front of him that old Ji decided to stun him, so they could get him back to the cave. 

The leader was injured and was brought back by Ping Gou and Qu. The leader was recuperating by the entrance of the cave, so when old Ji and the others came with the leader's son, the leader immediately learned of the news about his wife. 

His wife is dead. 

The leader didn't say anything, he just stood up silently and went to get his son from little Ken. The leader carried his son deep into the cave. 

Their leader must have been sad and angry. Their tribe lost many people and things that day. 

It only take one day to destroy everything. 

Two days later, Li Mo came with his group. After the Invaders came, Li Mo brought a total of one hundred warriors, who specialized in stealth to sneak inside the enemy camp. 

They were the reason why the Invaders retreated. At first, Li Mo's mission was to collect information about the enemy, and not to engage in battle. 

When Li Mo came back two days after, Ro felt his back cold after hearing what Li Mo and the others had seen on the enemy camp. 

The numbers they fought that day were just the surface of the enemy troops. Rouran Tribe has a total of 1097 people. With thousands of people, Rouran Tribe was already considered a town, but Rouran Tribe is at the center of rivers and lakes, and where masters of all walks of life were born, and the tribe itself is relatively hidden. So although the Rouran Tribe population grew and grew as time passed, nothing changed– well, until now.

According to Li Mo, the invaders were from a certain Empire behind that "wall", and the number of those invaders exceeds their number by five times.

"That wall was built as a mark that an Empire was finally created." Li Mo said. 

"That's right. Before, there is only kingdoms fighting each other for territory. They all wanted to unite the whole country, creating a whole Empire. My Grandfather said, that it was really chaotic at that time. The war lasted for 6 years, and it brought suffering for many poor people. Drought, epidemics were everywhere but all they cared about was the war." Father Kahn said. His solemn voice echoed in the cave, and everyone can't help but listened to what he have to say. 

"At that time, Murim couldn't stay silent anymore. You all know that people that came from rivers and lakes have a silent rule of not interfering with the things involving the people beyond that wall."

Hearing what father Kahn had said, they all nodded in understanding. It's a silent rule in Murim. They don't know why this rule exists, but everyone unconsciously obeys it. 

But there were rumors that if you get involved with people beyond that wall, you will die. Of course, no one really believed. It's just a story used by the elders to scare the children when they're naughty. 

Who knew there was actually a story.

"The war lasted unexpectedly long, and no side seems to win. One Kingdom has an advantage of numbers and won the battle by overwhelming the enemy forces with numbers. While another Kingdom won by tactics and strategy, able to win even without losing a single soldier. The war was in stalemate for a long time, and it exhausted both money and people. That's why, when the Masters from rivers and lakes decided to interfere with the war, everything changed."

The world of Murim is not as peaceful as it looks. In fact, Murim is just as deep, maybe more frightening than what those Kingdoms could do. After all, no one knows who was luring under the deep water of rivers and lakes. No matter how clear it is, what you see on the surface might not be what it seems to be.

And so, many masters of different works of life went to serve different masters, and the war escalated to another heights. 

"But in those chaotic years, a certain Kingdom who was dimmed weak, won the war." Father Kahn looked at everyone, one by one. He bowed his head, and didn't speak again.

Silence came back. Only the sounds of the bonfire could be heard. 

It was Ro broke the silence.

"...then, that certain Kingdom...is it the one who attacked us now?"

Li Mo answered: "Yes."

"Fxck! What bullsh!t!! Why the hell are they doing this?!" Ping Gou angrily said in between his clenched teeth.

"It's not just us. I heard them talking about the tribe with only women in the east. If I'm not mistaken it's the Mazokou Tribe. But before that, I also heard that they subjugated a small village." Li Mo explained.

Father Kahn touched his chin, looking thoughtful: "Are they planning to expand their territory?" 

"Seems so. I heard they called it 'the great expedition'."

2