the beauty of where we live
54 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The training ground was silent. Not even the people watching had the courage to speak as they watched the tension between the two beings.

A warrior who had defeated the guild master in one blow and a being never seen before, but her beauty was divine.

Orered: Are you ready?

Paarthurnax: Of course, and please leave when the fight starts. It's for your protection.

Orered: Of course, it wouldn't come close to a battle of this level. Are you ready, syra?

Syra: I am prepared.

Orered took a quill from his pocket and said that the battle begins when that quill touches the ground.

Orered dropped the feather into the air and stepped out onto the high ground, away from the battle.

Paarthurnax and Syra seemed to be in a coliseum, many people watching. Even though they were totally unknown, they already cheered for each other.

When the feather was about to touch the ground, paarthurnax said: I have protected the arena so that no magic can harm anyone. It's a high-level barrier, so don't hold back.

Syra's eyes opened wider than usual, and a smile she had on her face quickly turned to a serious look as the feather had touched the ground.

Syra was the first to take the initiative.

A fireball that had the size of a small house appeared on the battlefield and was launched towards paarthurnax

The audience got excited again.

"Can you defend yourself from that?"

"She wasn't a warrior?"

Paarthurnax created a water bubble around his body.

When the fireball hit it, more than half of the water dissolved by the high temperature, the rest of the water started to boil, but the fireball disappeared as the heat was gone.

The hot water did no damage to paarthurnax. With telekinesis magic, the remaining water paarthurnax threw at syra.

By reflex, she dodged away from the boiling water.

Paarthurnax would have to keep his distance and not allow syra to move.

*glacial*

A spell covered the entire arena floor with ice. Syra had trouble standing upright but used her slime body to dissolve the ice she was standing on.

Paarthurnax used his wing, so he didn't need to use his foot, and with that, he gained even more mobility.

Nobody had a disadvantage in this situation.

Syra would have to approach paarthurnax and start a melee battle to prevent him from casting magic. Still, now she couldn't get close to him fast enough without receiving two magic attacks, but as paarthurnax wouldn't cast anything that could attack, she decided to go with all her strength.

All the grass had frozen, and she couldn't use spells to control them and hold paarthurnax for a moment. Syra has wind spells to accelerate her speed, but that would make her lose her balance if she tried to make a direct attack, but it would be easily defended, then I would have to use some rogue skill or some Shadow Magic.

Syra used her wind magic to boost her and cast a shadow spell, creating illusions of herself and advanced.

Syra was using another skill along with the illusions, *switch*, which allowed her to switch places with any illusions she had created.

Paarthurnax realized that the illusions had the switch spell, which prevented him from making a direct attack. It could only provide an illusion and give syra an advantage if he could use AoE attack spells for everyone to take damage and disappear, but he couldn't.

Paarthurnax noticed that Syra and her shadows were faster than usual and felt the strong wind Syra used to get closer.

So she used an ice skill.

*Frost aura*

Being a defensive spell, if someone stresses in the caster's 10-meter area, it would have a cold effect that slows the enemy's movement. As syra was using wind magic, this effect would combine with the wind spell, and it would start to cool down to the point of freeze, creating the freeze effect.

Syra was getting closer and felt the air grow colder each time she got closer, but she didn't care and entered the magic area, she felt her slime body freeze, but that didn't slow her down so much and allowed her to. Make an attack even though it was almost freezing.

She kept teleporting into the shadows to make her attack unpredictable.

Paarthurnax saw several syras around him and knew that the sword attack would attack him, and then he would have to do something.

Paarthurnax would have to avoid the blade's attack, so he would have to predict where the attack would be. Each side of her body was surrounded; there could be an attack from 4 sides. paarthurnax worried about an attack on his back and only had time to cast a defensive spell to stop syra from attacking, but it would only be on one side, so he used it on his back, a golden shield filled him to protect his back, but there were still three parts to be attacked

Knowing Syra knew that a frontal attack would not be typical for Syra, she creates a weakness in the enemy. Protecting her coast would allow him to take care of the other areas. Paarthurnax then extended his left hand to avoid the attack.

Paarthurnax leaned to the left to try to block the attack. All clones disappeared when they tried to attack paarthurnax, and Syra's sword was standing in paarthurnax's hands.

Syra didn't seem surprised to realize the defense of the attack but was glad that her sword was saved as it started to slip in her hand. The sword she was holding fell from her hand, and a conjured dagger appeared in her hand.

The dagger is made of purple spectral magic; its blade was a bit curved. This dagger ignores physical resistance, so paarthurnax would have to dodge the attack, or it would take damage.

Paarthurnax saw the dagger heading towards him. His hand was busy as he held the sword and would have to do something else to defend himself.

*Holy Spirit*

With the spell cast, she didn't allow low-level spells to attack him. The dagger tried to pierce the barrier but couldn't be able to break the defense.

Paarthurnax used his *glacial* magic and launched a fire over all the ice. A vapor began to take over the battle compound.

syra and not even the audience could see

The audience started screaming because they wanted to see what was going on.

Syra tried to attack paarthurnax one more time, but her hand went straight to where paarthurnax was, which meant she could receive attacks from all directions, even from above or below the earth.

Syra would have no option but to use her slime vision, but she would have to undo this body, and also, this would reduce the area that paarthurnax could do something to her.

Reverting her body to a slime that possessed all of her body colors inline shapes.

The colors of slimes determine what element they possessed and could use magic.

Green depending on the hue.

* Green slime with tiny black pigments: they are slimes that stay in holes in specific places in the city, there are garbage dumped, and there are holes that are sewers. These slimes feed on this garbage.

* Light green slime: represented the nature and affinity that these slimes have, has houses that use these slimes to fertilize their garden.

*Dark green, midnight purple: it was toxic slimes. There were cases of people being killed by touching toxic slimes.

*Browns were earth slimes, had some slime cases that could turn into clay slime if they stayed too long in muddy places.

Other slimes had a variety of uses.

Besides the element, it determines the magic he can use. However, syra had all the slime colors in her body.

Now that syra was in her original form, she could observe in 360, but there was still fog in the way to help her cast a divination spell.

*Predict attack, the aura of life*

Predicting attack helped her have a chance to block the enemy's attack, and life allowed her to see the aura of people.

Paarthurnax was flying over the arena. The fog won't be a problem.

*Geokinesis*

Paarthurnax started using magic to control a terrain as he wanted. Paarthurnax created a 15-meter hole under the earth, which had several thorns that pierced even Adamantite as if it were just a leaf paarthurnax strengthened the thorns even more.

A platinum-level mage would have exhausted his mana in just manipulating the earth freely as paarthurnax did, but creating several thorns stronger than adamantine and reinforcing them would have spent many mages' mana in just making a few thorns. Still, paarthurnax created thousands and even reinforced them.

As there was a ground-up, he started to move the earth, creating an extremely loud noise. Everyone could hear the magic, and Syra too, but she didn't have time to react, the fog covered her vision, and she didn't know what was happening.

The fog began to settle. Everyone wanted to know what happened, but the battlefield was empty; there was no one.

There was no one on top of him, but below was syra and paarthurnax, the walls were with thousands of thorns, and paarthurnax spoke:

Paarthurnax: give up. These thorns are more rigid than they look and will only attack if you attack me.

Syra saw that around her, it was dark, so she activated her night vision and understood her situation. Thorns could pass through her body without even doing anything to her. Even being just a slime, it wouldn't do any damage, but as there were thousands, some could attack her core. By the amount, it wouldn't take long for some to hit.

~ this is foul play. You said you wouldn't use attack magic, but this defensive magic is something you created now just to put me in checkmate. I won't lie; that was awesome. I loved it~

Syra: you won... amazing

Paarthurnax: it was no big deal; I just used your slime body to my advantage

Syra: That's why it was awesome, you knew I would slime to avoid attacks, and that put me in that situation.

Syra went back to her body, she couldn't see it being equipment down here, so it would probably be up on the battlefield.

Paarthurnax and syra came out from under the earth.

Syra was without her clothes, so paarthurnax, before leaving, cast an illusion spell to not cause any problems.

Syra: I could keep this magic forever. It's so much better than wearing clothes.

Paarthurnax: It might be better, but it's just an illusion, here are your clothes later on as we'll have more to do.

All the crowd watching saw paarthurnax standing, and syra was on the ground With his sword down. The audience already knew the winner, as besides she was still flying in the sky, syra was only in her regular clothes. It looked like she had lost her gear somehow.

Everyone tried to imagine the battle because they saw nothing after the fog, but by the noise that everyone was trying to explain what had happened, but it was just their imaginations.

 

 

Orered approached Syra and asked, what happened? I couldn't see anything.

Syra: nothing, I just lost to him

Paarthurnax landed next to her and said: well, I had to do something special just for her and her performance was amazing. No one could get to a point to attack my soul.

Syra: close? I never feel like I was close for you to get an attack.
Paarthurnax: You're right, but this was as close as anyone could come to making an attack on my soul

Syra: close? I never feel like I was close for you to get an attackPaarthurnax: You're right, but that was as close as anyone could come to making an attack on me

Orered: Has a wizard managed to defeat a warrior of that level? His power must be equal to the ancient hero of legends, even though he is a swordsman. His power is told by Bardo in his lyrics and what was written in the books was something only a hero can do.

Drorn heard these words and broke into a cold sweat as he knew which hero he was referring to, and knowing the truth only left him more scared, as the spells cast he had never heard of or seen anything so powerful.

~a human could never achieve power like that. I was a fool to believe the hero was human, I just read books and heard from some beings who have long longevity that he was human, but such power is something no one could have beyond a... demigod. what I'm thinking, something like that wouldn't be allowed by the great gods.~

Paarthurnax: Well, I think we've proved our power. Let's go back to the office to talk.

Many spectators were frustrated because of the end of the battle. They couldn't see anything, but it was something that left everyone breathless at times during the battle, and that was enough to know the power of an Adamantite adventurer.
The two guild leaders and paarthurnax went to the meeting room, and orered spoke.

Orered: sorry for doubting your strength, but it's something you can't believe with a person with a Gold ID. A lot of people have tried the same scam, but none have succeeded.

Paarthurnax: Well, with all that ready, can we access the tower?

Orered: Of course, after we change your ID to an Adamantite, you will have full access and my support if you need it. But there's something I want to ask. What is the real reason for an Adamantite warrior to want to enter the tower? In the king's letter, it said that you are looking for treasure. Still, if that really were the case, you would just evolve in the adventurer ranking and start making money with missions of your level, besides your carriage that not even the king has one like, it was only selling it if you needed money.

Paarthurnax: a nice deduction even though it's pretty obvious. Yes, it is correct. This is something that even money cannot buy. We want to reach the top of the tower and look for something interesting to me.

Orered: It could be a arrogance of mine, but can you speak what you seek?

Drorn was curious too and began to listen carefully as it is something that paarthurnax said would help him with the nation's elf's problem.

Paarthurnax: simple, I want to get the golem that commands that tower

Orered and Drorn were confused and frightened by this, as they hadn't even reached the 5th floor without losing a large part of their strength, plus he says that a golem commands the tower, this shows that paarthurnax has knowledge about the tower up to the upper levels.

Orered: How do you know if this is really true?

Paarthurnax: Shouldn't the master know how to control his subordinates?

Orered and Drorn didn't understand what paarthurnax said, but then they just ignored it and changed the conversation until their IDs were ready.

They asked what had happened in the battle, and paarthurnax and syra explained the details and hid their true identity. This left them even more surprised by the strength of the new adventurer group Adamantite.

A woman who worked at the guild came into the room and gave the cards carefully to orered, and together she had a small necklace with a dark stone and blue tones. It was an Adamantite necklace.

Orered: Here's your Adamantite IDs. With this around your neck, not even the king could wield full power on you, and you never had to kneel to anyone, but I don't think anything like that was the case for you.
Paarthurnax and Syra put on a necklace and received their IDs so dreamed of by all adventurers.

Orered: You could at least be happy. This is something that 0.0001 of adventurers can be happy to receive
Paarthurnax and syra were not particularly impressed as it was not something that interested them.

Drorn: I think that's to be expected from paarthurnax. But even syra is like that.

Orered: Use these IDs responsibly. Remember that a king can give an order, and you could just refuse that it wouldn't cause any problems unless it's something extreme, like innocent murders, attacks on towns or cities, or something that would be considered treason to a nation like trying to kill a king. Remember, the law of a country changes. Depending on the country, you can cause something serious without even intending to, so be careful.

Syra, Drorn, and paarthurnax left the guild and returned to the inn

The group went to paarthurnax's room

Paarthurnax: well, you were a big help Drorn, I will help you as soon as I finish everything in this country. Now you can go back to your guild.

Drorn: I know my words have no value, but beware when you enter this tower. There are several cases of experienced warriors dying.

Paarthurnax: don't worry about it. We'll take care of ourselves.

Drorn: see you later.

Paarthurnax teleported him back to his office.

 

 

When Drorn returned, the guild was having a lot of noises, screams, and confusion; when he came out of his office, one of the women working in the guild yelled at drorn.

Woman: leader, where you were, we need you now in the king's hall, several people were looking for you.

Drorn: I went out for a while; what happened here?

Woman: This is urgent. The kingdom requires your adventurers' help.

Drorn was confused, but if the king called him, it was something serious.

Drorn: explain it to me on the way to the palace.

 

 

_______________________

 

 

Paarthurnax and syra were in the same room. Syra was still lying on the bed that was paarthurnax.

Paarthurnax: Is your bed terrible? Do you need us to change your room?

Syra: No, I was lying here.

Paarthurnax: I don't sleep in what the races call "conventional," so if there's anything you want in this bed, know that I haven't even touched it.

Syra: It's not weird. It's just that being in the same room as you help me think about the future.

Paarthurnax: future? What do you mean?

Syra: what can I do to help you? How can I one day, in a fight to stand a chance against you?

Paarthurnax: don't think that way. What I said was true in the training camp; you were the only being in this galaxy that came the closest to attacking me in battle.

Syra: You're right, but take into account that you only used defensive magic. I could be easily destroyed if you didn't hold back; even so, you held back in this battle too.

Paarthurnax: syra listen to me.

Paarthurnax lay down beside Syra on the bed.

Paarthurnax: I don't want you to think about how you're going to help me. I want you to know that you're helping me.

Syra: but I'm not doing anything.

Paarthurnax: Please let me speak first. I knew that in the age of creation, there was no such blue ball with water and the two moons that orbit this planet you call Earth.

Syra: what are you talking about? What do you mean, age of creation?

Paarthurnax ignored her and continued.

Paarthurnax: A being who called himself God created all this, and I was created by him too, but that was something that was a lie.

Paarthurnax: I've been around a lot longer than you can imagine. I've been around since the creation of everything. I am what made possible the creation of all life, death, thinking beings, stars. Everything you imagine, I make creation possible. I am innate from the universe and other realities. But I was allowing the creation of everything with my power, but beings called specters took my freedom and made me a slave. These creatures stole the power of my body and soul, and they called themselves Gods of creation.

Paarthurnax: I often thought it was their creation, and as a creation, they should obey them. This led me to give all my power to them. My power was divided into 8, but infinity divided into eight is still infinite. I owned a necklace that limited my power, combined with the change in my memory. I turned into your puppy that gives its paw to its owner.

Paarthurnax: but everything changed when an equal being of my kind appeared in front of me. We created several species together, we made other dragons, and every time he created something, we got stronger, but the being called alduin knew he had something wrong with me. Body and began to investigate, but this would lead to his prison, which is to this day, the beings we call gods knew this and attacked him, almost killing him, but we managed to escape. I discovered the whole truth in this one, and I could start my retaliation for everything that happened.

Syra couldn't understand everything, and it was something that paarthurnax suddenly said

 

Syra: This is something I need to think about, I can't understand the meanings of these words, and if it's true, does all this mean that you want to destroy what these "gods" created?

Paarthurnax: I ask you to understand the meanings of my word, this was something that my power made it possible to create, even though it is something made by beings I hate, and I thought about destroying everything, but I would lose something I care about, alduin and my sons.

Syra: children? That is to say.

Paarthurnax: yes, you are a daughter that I and alduin raised. I searched all over the universe to see if it has children of mine, but none existed on another planet, at least until now, but there were already two people who were my son on this particular planet.

Syra: I can't understand, I want to, but I can't

A few drops of Tear ran into Syra's eyes. This showed that she was struggling, but she didn't have the strength to continue.

Paarthurnax: OK, you don't need to understand now. Everything has its time; you will be able to understand everything. That's why I don't want to destroy everything because I would lose someone like you if that happened.

Paarthurnax teleported her to the top of the highest mountain on the continent, the hill he slept on for 1500 years, and showed Syra the horizon.

Paarthurnax: This is something that was made for you, you must rule everything, and I will follow everything, I will see your power create your first star, and I will help you master it to reach a level you could never imagine.

Paarthurnax saw that Syra was crying, but it was not a Tear of sorrow but of happiness.

Paarthurnax transformed into a dragon, her true form.

Paarthurnax: Climb up. Let's see your future realm from a perspective outside this blue ball.

Paarthurnax used the necessary spells to take syra off the planet.

Syra trusted that she would be fine and just star-watched as she left the planet.

Paarthurnax took syra to a point where you could see all the beauty of the earth. The two were watching everything. Days had been spent with them watching the whole world, syra and paarthurnax were in the vacuum of space, but they could talk and could move around freely.

Syra: After these days here watching everything, I want you to know that you shouldn't let anyone treat you as just a living being like that king treated you. he wants to kill you for not treating him with respect, but he is the one who should lend himself to you. Why do you let people do something like that to you?

Paarthurnax: he was someone created by one of the beings who stole my power. You know I pity them. That's the truth.

Syra: anyway. I will work so that no one can disrespect you. Can I call you master instead of just paarthurnax?

Paarthurnax: This is not something I like for a child to call me, just call me what you want, but just paarthurnax is fine

Syra whispered low to herself: father.

Paarthurnax listened but just ignored

Paarthurnax wished he had done the same thing to Zina but thought it would be the wrong thing, now he realizes it was the wrong decision, and he would never let what happened to her happen again.

Paarthurnax looked at Syra and felt the soul of Zina, but it was her fault trying to make him think he still had a way to resurrect her, but he knew he couldn't.

Paarthurnax: I have something to give you

Syra looked surprised at what he had said.

Because as if created from nothing, a complete armor appeared in front of syra, the armor was all closed, even the joints, and the area to be able to see from the helmet, there was no way to walk in that armor, that's what she thought.

The armor had nothing flashy because of its black hue. It was just fully enclosed armor.

Paarthurnax: I know you always wanted something like the armor you saw, but this one I made especially for you, thinking about everything.

Syra took the armor, but she thought it would be harder than a sword, but she felt like it was just normal clothing when she touched it. It didn't have any hardness in the armor; the opposite, it felt lighter than a feather.

Syra took off her clothes and donned her armor. She felt like she was a slime again, walking freely in a field with nothing to hinder her movement like clothes.

Paarthurnax: Try becoming a slime.

Syra turned into slime, which made her even happier. The armor was still on her slime body and still had the same moving as before; it was free.

As syra admired her armor, she went to paarthurnax's paw going towards her. She only saw the blur. She couldn't even think of doing anything. The speed scared her, but she had no wounds, nor had her core been destroyed, something that would be easily broken because of speed.

The core is the most sensitive part of a slime. Any physical or magic attack could break a core. As slimes had no way to defend themselves in their forms, they were vulnerable targets, but now everything changed to syra, who had armor like an attack of paarthurnax could break the defense.

Syra: even if I lost the battle, you still gave me armor.

Paarthurnax: Now that you know a part of the story, I must protect you

Syra: You did something impossible and created an armor that can protect a slime. I want you to know that I love you with all the strength of my being.

Paarthurnax just watched her. He wanted to stay here with syra longer, but he had to get his golem.

Paarthurnax: let's go back

Syra confirmed and climbed back onto paarthurnax's back. 

alllllllo, every time i change the way to say hello :D just ignore my schizophrenia. I don't know why but this chapter took longer to translate than usual and I didn't even procrastinate. but i hope you enjoyed

3