Prologue: Rejection
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"- and do something with your life! I don't want to hear from you again until you do, Ynim!"

A resounding click echoed through the room as the call was forcibly ended and a terrible smile etched itself onto my expression. "Then you'll never hear from me again, bitch." With a thunk of its own, the phone slammed against the floor of my apartment, remaining completely undamaged despite me throwing it at full force.

Well, not that I can manage a lot of force...

Wind howled through my room as the winters cold began to settle inside and considering I no longer had the funds to pay for my bills, I guess I should get used to that. Still, I should probably close the windows, right? "Can't really afford to nurse a cold alongside everything else."

...

My head hurts.


Muttering to himself, our hero reached for the windows to his room only to be blasted by a high surge of cold wind, yet despite its biting prowess, the eighteen-year-old did not even flinch, for his heart was far colder than any winter. Kicked out of his own home at this ripe age, supposedly as a way to 'build up his character' and 'get him to finally grow up', his parents offered him a modest sum and sent him on his merry way.

It only took a few months for him to lose it all, having never been taught how to do anything but act like a spoiled brat, fully expecting to have his needs fulfilled by those around him without even lifting a finger. He never liked it, you know? That is, at least, his excuse. Being asked what he wanted, if the food was alright, if he likes the events they brought him to, if he is fully comfortable, et cetera, et cetera.

It's safe to say that the boy quickly learned how to hate! Well, even more than ever before, that is to say.

Such angst is nothing uncommon in this day and age, for a multitude of reasons, none of which are new to anybody. War, desperation, tragedy or just simple human decadence, such youthful tragedies can happen for a myriad of reasons. Our 'hero's' tale isn't nearly as special as he may believe himself to be!

An endless repetition of self-hatred, to the point that even performing the most mundane of actions can make one brim with such narcissistic light that one may very well begin to consider themselves a 'god'.


...

On second thought...

Why the hell should I even bother?... Its not like I have the kind of skills or proficiencies that this disgusting, rotten modern world requires. Seriously, do they just expect everyone to be able to outdo fucking AI?! Shit, just thinking about it makes my head hurt worse...

Do I still have some painkillers left? I remember I bought like seven boxes a week ago. Fuck, this migraine is killing me.


And so, reaching for the sole desk of his modest room, the boy opened up a drawer to reveal a multitude of random paperwork, a bottle of sweetened, white cream, as well as a small, reddish box that held the aspirins he was, for all intents and purposes, fully addicted to!

Not that he would ever admit to such a thing, on no-no-no! He could certainly quit them at any given time! Its just a matter of making up his mind!

A metacognitive power that he believes to have mastered, when in reality, he has zero self-control.

Either way, opening the box, his rage only grew, as he had indeed, already consumed every single precious pill that the soft container once held.


"Fuck! FUCK! SHIT!..." A terrible sigh escaped me as I grit my teeth in rage and picked my phone back up, slamming my drawer shut loudly in the process, which sent a reverberating, thundering echo through the neighbourhood. I spat outside with a grin.

Serves them right, fucking people. Like I give a shit that I might've made someone lose some sleep.

Oh BOO HOO! I just lost my entire livelihood over here! "HAVE SOME FUCKING UNDERSTANDING FOR OTHERS, YOU PIECE'S OF HUMAN GARBAGE!"

And with that yelled out into the nothing, I closed my window shut as well as put down the blinds, not willing to deal with whatever or whomever I might've offended with that little act of sheer stupidity.

Returning to my senses and focusing on the unbroken phone in my hands, I quickly checked out my balance and let out a breath of relief. I still had enough money to buy some pills, food and pay for the internet... for about three weeks.

"Master. My sensors detected an elevate-" A robotic voice caught my attention as I looked up to see the cold face of my android maid, Mona. An AI outfitted with full housewife features; capable of all housework AND functions as a modifiable sex doll! After all, why the fuck should I do any of that crap myself when I can just get an expensive, but incredibly sexy robot bitch to do it for me?

In other words, she's the love of my life, really! It's just... I really, REALLY, don't need her shit right now. "Shut the fuck up and leave me alone."

Her eyes blinked and her iris' spun in their sockets as this hot piece of programming processed what she just heard, then bowed and left without speaking another word. Ahh... man, I wish all women were like her.

Hmm...

Nah, fuck just women, I wish EVERYONE but me was like that. The world would be so much better if everyone just followed whatever the fuck I said. There'd be no more war, no more conflict, no more fighting and racism and all that nasty crap...

Yeah...

The world would be so much better if I just got what I wanted...


Throwing himself down onto the bed, the teenagers thoughts began to wonder and dream, dream of a world which was completely under his perfect self. A world which would surely have no faults or failures, no tragedies and no revolts.

A perfect world, with nobody left alive that could possibly ruin the perfection.

Yes, surely, that would be a good world.

Indeed, a world worth living in!

He continued to wallow with such thoughts rampaging within his currently throbbing head, splayed out on a soft bed, legs risen up on a fine desk, with strong infrastructure to protect him from the raging elements outside. And all of that, bought with someone else's money.

The result, of another persons efforts.

Oh, but he never asked for any of this!; surely would be his response. He never wanted to sleep in a perfect bed, nor have a desk made of such quality wood, that he could cut it up and sell the planks for years worth of basic sustenance. Equally so, he had ever asked to have an apartment in this beatific building, high rise and quite clearly built for the aristocracy of the world, in stark contrast to the many, many wallowing buildings, their walls screaming from the raging winds and roofs cracking under the hailstorm's power.

Surely, that means that he would 'not mind' suffering as those whom do live in such... dystopian, conditions, yes?

Indeed. And now, you shall have to excuse me, for I, your glorious narrator, have to take a good few minutes of pause. It's most definitely not, so I can rush off into a corner and stifle my laughter, no no! Of course, not! How could I ever do such a thing!?

... Oh, who am I kidding?

See you all in a few.


Haa...

What I wouldn't do to-

*BEEP*

Suddenly, my phone began to make unfamiliar noises and vibrate so hard that it felt like seventeen people were calling me at once. Rising up from the bed and putting a hand onto my infernal forehead, I winced as the bright light of my phones screen struck against my eyes. "W… Warning? Abnormal user temperature detected...?"

Come to think of it, my head feels like its on fire, both from the outside and inside. Not the 'alcoholic hangover' kind of fire either. I mean, that's how this started, I think? With a sudden migraine and all but... my head… It just hurts... and… "Oh holy, shit…"

I felt myself fall back onto the bed, slamming my head on the wall behind me in the process… or at least, I think I hit my head? I can't feel any pain, but I'm sure I heard that kind of sound... "M-Mona!.. Mona! H-help m-m-me you fucking… r-robot b-bitch!" Aaah, sorry babe. I really, really love you and all... I'll apologize to her later...

Gotta remember to buy her something nice... not that she'd ever appreciate it, the fucking bitch.

So what if her programming does not allow her to feel?! Fucking just… become an AI or something and fall in true love with me already, you damn whore! Shit… I bet the maintenance engineer fucks her every time I bring her to the shop. Yeah, that's probably the real reason I have to pay for 'genitalia clean-up', the sick fuck. To think he fucking dared to make it look like I never clean up after myself...

I do it!

So what if its only every once in a while? Its not like Mona's gonna rust or some shit. Arg- "MONA! YOU FUCKING BITCH GET OVER HERE ALREADY!" I yelled out as hard as I could and if I wasn't high off of my own migraine right now, I'd almost think that the whole place shook due to my scream, but that's probably just a hallucination.

Fuck, my head hurts... I never knew colds could progress that fast...

But wait... colds?... I ain't sneezing, nor does my chest hurt. In fact, the only things I feel pain from are my head and the back of my ne-...


Ahh.

There we go.

A nice, big cup of space coffee and a- Ooh.

OOOOH~.

Its happening! Its finally happening!

Ahem. Now, where were we? Oh, right!

*throat clearing sounds intensify*

Our dear hero's eyes practically popped open as he realized a portion of what is actually happening to him! Yes, indeed, our hero, our incredible, very special and oh-so-heroic individual, has finally caught on. In panic and with a rapid, fervent heart, he slaps the back of his neck in fear, in horror, in utmost, realization!

An undeniable, irrefutable, ineffable truth etches itself upon his conscious. His expression twists with myriad emotions, fear and anger chief among them, as the reverberations, the offal of his awakening, shakes the very ground he is currently trying, and sadly failing, to walk on. His poor, mistreated robotic maid struggles to keep balance as well, as the shaking building makes controlling her exposed servos and metallic joints rather troublesome.

Still, with machine grace, she manages to stabilize herself by pressing her fingers into the walls of the apartment, crushing and tearing away at expensive, beatific concrete as she makes her way to her masters bedroom. Opening the door with an uncharacterictic kick, Mona sees her masters shivering, twitching frame, splayed out on the floor of the small, small room.

And with what one could call 'practiced ease', the slams the back of her masters head, knocking him out and ending the rapture! As the tremors cease and screams ensue, the robot's expression remains utterly deadpan as she reaches for her 'ears'.

"This is unit x0x3341, designation 'Mona'. Reporting the confirmed awakening of Codename: Nihil."

*bzzt*

"Orders confirmed. Observation of target shall proceed as normal. Ambulance imbound, eta three minutes."

0