Consequences
7.6k 15 124
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Karlsson left, I had less than a minute left on my invisibility, so I couldn’t stay around and watch the aftermath. I walked outside, to the back of the building, and dropped my invisibility. Then, I went home.

The whole time my mind was occupied by one thing.

What the hell am I doing?

Karlsson’s a piece of shit, that much is obvious just from the tiny bit of dialogue between them that I heard. I don’t feel bad about breaking them up at all. Even if I fail to dominate Ms. Sinclair I firmly believe her life is better without him in it. That being said, I broke them up for the sole reason of “having an in,” and left her sobbing uncontrollably on the ground. It’s pretty hard to feel good about my actions with that hanging over my head.

I’m… doing something bad, aren’t I?

It’s really the first time this has ever fully hit me. Even after dominating Carolyn, the game didn’t quite feel real yet. Now, however, I can see that this is a real thing, with very real consequences. Can I really do this? Just… butt into women’s lives, change things how I see fit, snag their hearts, then go on to do the same thing to other women?

Eventually, there has to be a limit, right? There’s a limit to how many women I can satisfy, sexually and otherwise, and how many of them will be okay with me sleeping with other women? I want to have a harem, but… who the hell wants to be in a harem?

These kinds of thoughts consume my mind for the rest of the day, until finally, I fall into a fitful sleep.

The following day, I arrive at school without a great answer to any of these questions, but with my resolve restored. I’ve already begun my domination of Ms. Sinclair, I can worry about moral problems afterward.

Or… so I thought.

*Sniff* “Okay class… today we’re going to be watching a… uh…” *sniff* “ a video on how concrete is made.”

Ms. Sinclair looks awful. Instead of upbeat and excited to be teaching, she looks downtrodden and weepy. Rather than her standard cute-yet-professional look that she normally goes for, she’s wearing a loose tank-top and some slightly dirty sweats. Her hair, which is obviously unwashed, is tied into a greasy ponytail.

I also can’t help but notice that the mousy girl from yesterday is conspicuously absent.

She loads an old DVD into a projector, walks over to her desk at the front of the classroom, and plunks her head directly down onto it.

“If you have any questions… don’t.”

I feel like shit. Even though Karlsson treated her like trash, if she’s going to have a breakdown it might’ve been better to not do anything. I’m supposed to seduce her but… isn’t this just preying on the emotionally vulnerable? I mean maybe I should just…

Stop being such a timid little bitch and do something?

Suddenly, a thought shoots through my mind. Just as quickly as it came, it was gone. Unlike my normal continuous stream of consciousness, it felt like a bullet traveling straight through my head, gone as quick as it came.

But, it was right.

I have a tendency to get way too deep in my own head and paralyze myself into doing nothing.

Rather than sit here and worry about how bad of a person I’m being, I’m going to make Ms. Sinclair forget Karlsson ever even existed.

After Chemistry ends, I leave quickly. I’ve got some preparations to make.

I make long, confident strides down the hallway, towards the back exit of the building. No one leaves this way, so I shou —

There’s a sudden, sharp pain in my side, as well as a powerful force slamming me into a locker, knocking the breath completely out of me. I’d been completely blindsided.

“What the FUCK was that, huh?” A slightly deep, but undeniably feminine voice says.

I’m disoriented for a moment before my eyes refocus, and I see the woman who attacked me. She's currently pressing me harshly against a locker by my shirt.

She’s as tall as I am, and has short, spiky hair, dyed a seaweed green. She’s wearing mostly black, giving her a very alt-y look. Behind her is the mousy girl from yesterday, who seems utterly mortified at what’s going on. I respond,

“What the hell’s your problem?”

“My problem!? The hell’s your problem? This girl comes to you, baring her heart,” she gestures at the mousy girl, who at this point is quivering uncontrollably, “and you just… do THAT?!”

I think there’s something I’m missing here. I’m 99% sure she’s angry that I sent her friend on an expedition to Poundtown, but what’s this about her ‘baring her heart?’

“I get the feeling there’s something of a misunderstanding here. What do you mean by ‘baring her heart?’”

“You damn well know that you...”

Finally, the mousy girl pipes up. “H-he doesn’t.”

“You didn’t tell him? Seriously?”

Minnie responds, “I'm sorry...”

Spikes, as I’ve taken to calling the green-haired one, lets out a sigh, but tightens her grip on my collar.

“That doesn’t change anything. Sinclair’s her fuckin’ idol, man. I’m a righteous person, so you’ve got like… 10 seconds before I end you. Explain.”

Let’s see what tricks I can pull out this time… yeah I’m fucked. None of my powers are useful here, and even if they were, I’m not supposed to reveal the existence of the game to uninvolved people.

Time to start talking and hope for the best.

“Mr. Karlsson and Ms. Sinclair needed to break up, and I thought your friend would understand that.”

Her grip loosens a little. “What do you mean?”

“Karlsson’s an abusive asshole, and Sinclair was way too pure to see that. He was doing terrible things to her. I’m sorry that your friend got hurt, but I couldn’t let him hurt her anymore.”

Her grip loosens a lot, “What kinds of things was he doing?”

Honestly, I don’t know. He seemed like a dick, but other than that I don’t know anything. The fact that this seems to be working surprises me. I was honestly resigned to getting my ass kicked.

“He was uh… making her do things she didn’t want to do?”

“That bastard.”

“And I… uh... wanted to stop him?”

Spikes has loosened her grip almost entirely and isn’t pinning me against the locker anymore.

“And you needed Minnie to traipse in there because she’s Sinclair’s favorite student?”

“Uh… yeah?”

She sighs once again. And releases her grip entirely. 

“What’s your name?” Spikes asks with a penetrating look.

“Sam.”

“Alright then Sam...” she makes a show of gingerly dusting off my shoulder before placing her hand on it. “Thank you for helping Ms. Sinclair.”

“You’re welcome?”

“But this one’s for Minnie.”

I don’t even have a moment to flinch before her fist makes contact with my stomach, causing my soul to leave my body. I drop to the ground, struggling to breathe.

Spikes leaves, dragging the mousy girl, evidently called Minnie, with her.

I’m in agony. I knew that she was strong from just her grip strength, but damn! I’m gasping for air and my lungs are refusing to accept it. I feel like I’m going to die, and this is just from a gut punch!

It’s several minutes before I’m able to even sit up straight again.

As much pain as I’m in now, I don’t have time to waste, especially after that bit of fun. I’ve got a few things I need to gather to continue things with Sinclair.

Also, Note to self, don’t fuck around with Spikes or her friends.

 

Hello, readers! Sorry about the delay between chapters. Life's got me fucked up. I've written the same chapter for Taming Monsters and Other Cool Shit like 3 times and I'm not happy with how it's turning out. For now, I'll be releasing chapters of this and trying to make something I'm happy with releasing on my other series. Thanks for reading!

P.S I'm interested to hear what people think about Spikes. I like her, but think she might be a problem for some readers. If you really like or dislike her, let me know. If it's a little too early to tell, don't worry, she'll be getting more development a little later.

124