Chapter 5, Bar 7… 3 months previously
354 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Fran sat alone nursing an OJ and Lemonade in the alcove at the back of the Bar. Keenly watching the new comers nervously. She jumped a little as her phone dinged, grabbing it she sighed as she read the message “Just got off the bus b with u in 5 mins!” 

 

Mel was finally here. It had been 3 long years since they had last seen each other. Fran was going to tell her how she felt… but what bothered the most was how had Mel changed. She just didn't know!

A few minutes later Mel walked in the door carrying a sports holdall and pulling a medium sized suitcase. Fran was shocked… Mel looked great , in fact just a better version than when she had left …. She waved her friend over.

“Oh Mel so good to see you again”, and then more quietly “ … what happened …. Or should I ... say didn't ?” she queried with concern in her voice.

“Let me get a couple of drinks in and then I’ll tell you all about it!” said Mel with a big grin.

Mel returned from the bar with two drinks.

Sitting down opposite Fran she slid a drink to Fran.

“Mel.. you're looking good … I might say glowing … amazonian ?” raising her eyebrows

Mel grinned “It’s all the special training I have to do.”

Quietly Fran enquired “I don’t want to be nosy … but you were going away to  …. transition.” Fran whispered furtively..

Mel drank deeply from her cider and paused before looking her friend in the eyes  “Yeah well , … there was a change of plan...” she trailed off.

“Your mentor put you off didn’t she ?” Fran whispered in concern. 

“Well yes and no, I had started the required counselling for the legal and medical stuff and had been at it for three months when I started the meditation training. I had an honest to god epiphany. Meditating on my memories of my experiences I realized that changing me was not going to change the world or the people in it”

“There’s also the insurmountable problem of my magic being affected and I wouldn’t be able to train for 3 to 6 months after I start the medication.” 

"And I found away to indulge any gender shifting I might want ..."

Fran looked dubiously at her friend, “... but after all that .. soul searching and stuff… you were so certain when you left! It sounds like someone put you off.”

“Look Fran, that stuff with my parents was so intense” her hand reached out and rested on Frans lightly “Do you know what really made a difference to my life?” she asked softly. “You, just you Fran. I hate the word ‘just’ but if you had not been there to catch me I would not have taken the chance to get away from it all. My parents called it ‘running away’. I call it ‘rest from living in hell’. I am training with the Special Combat Team now, gained acceptance as an apprentice Witch to our Coven, and finished my Power Engineer degree.’  

“I feel awesome Fran” She smiled at her best friend. ”Oh a metric Ton of debt, but despite that I feel amazing now … gods it’s good to see you in person and not just texting”. Mel paused “So what’s new with you in the last month?”

What followed was a fun night of endless talking (increasingly loudly) and various drinks as the friends really reconnected.

Fran asked Mel (slurring a little) if she wanted to try "something special" it was made by R&D in the food lab. Apparently Judy Spriggan herself… a post drunk drink to help with hangovers …. It might be the Food factories next Big Thing! 

Mel half carried Fran and her luggage to Frans home. Struggled big time with the door on one hand and Fran on the other. Then she gave up .. whispered a subtle spell and the door clicked open. 

After depositing Fran on the sofa, Fran reached over the back and  opened her hiding place.  As she reached in Mel noticed over her shoulder a long velvet bag with a drawstring at its neck … it looked like her own sex toy she had left behind 3 years ago… She pretended not to have been looking when Fran offered her the plain looking bottle of slightly purple liquid. 

“Grab the shot glassessss” Fran shout whispered .. Mel grabbed two shot glasses from the small cabinet at the other end of the living room. Then sat down on the sofa and poured each of them half a glass. 

*How much?” She queried.

“As much as you want… but its not great on flavour” .Fran sighed

After dubiously sniffing the glass and giving it the side eye Mel sipped it. Its taste was not pleasant and also very strong, Mel was pretty suspicious, convinced it would only probably make her even more drunk.

Fran drunkenly wrapped an arm around Mel and swigged a bit of her drink and drew Mel closer staring into her eyes .. slightly slurred 

“You know I had this plan … oh it was a goooood plan … it was a sexy plan … well with two people as sexy as us how could it fail to be sexy you know!?.” Fran took another sip.

Mel looked at her friend and smiled … “you should stop drinking or we may regret it… You will with the hangover I’m sure you're going to have!”

Fran grinned at her friend and leaned in and gave her a quick little kiss on the cheek. ”You worry too much.. This is Judy’s special brew .. she’s a genius .. this drink has her secret ingredient in it! “ she drops to a whisper …”Eye of Newt!”

Mel looked at her own glass with disgust, not feeling so good… “ eerrrr . really ?”

Fran giggled “ Well the jar says Eye of Newt!” “ there’s even an exclamation mark! “ Fran continued in  conspiratorial whisper 

“Omg .. it was part of a plan to uncover some real industrial espio.. espino ..esppp...  spying!”

“Good plan too. Caught the guy red eyed! ..”

Mel grinned at Fran “ you mean Red Handed?”

Fran looked at her drink and then back into Mel's eyes .. “ yes... that’s the one “.

Fran paused a moment seeming to make a decision

Fran mumbled, “I had a plan …” looking sheepishly away. ”I was going to be all shy and flirty with you… then go all blan .. blat … obvious  seductive and take you to bed and ride your new cock… “
Mel was stunned .. Fran rambled on .” but you don’t have one yet … I know we could always just fall into bed naked and enjoy ourselves like I wanted to before you left “

Mel slow blinked “woow” she thought… Fran wanted her.. that was an OMG revelation!. In her inebriated state Mel was in no condition to think straight and it was clear Fran was too far gone.

If the shock hadn’t sobered her up it had at least kicked into gear the “We have Had More Than Enough” thought processes.

Mel hugged her friend and whispered in her ear (nice ear) “ Lets get us sorted out and in to bed to sleep, just in case we are going to be in for some uber big hangovers” Trusting the words of someone drunk is never a good idea … she had the scars to prove it.

Fran was falling asleep and was no help as she was half dragged to her bed room.

Laying Fran on her bed Mel finally managed to take off Frans shoes. 

Trying to wake her turned out to be hopeless and so the attempt to get her to drink some water as failed. Mel proceeded to positioned her friend in the recovery position and covered her with some of the duvet.

Mell shook her head in despair, suspecting Fran was going to pay a heavy price in the morning even without a hangover. She put a glass of water on the bedside table and went to make her own bed on the living room sofa bed….

 

Some time later ….

 

Mel had groaned and got up when her alarm on her phone went off “Note to self - turn off the alarm” she was contemplating the next week of preparations before she started at the Lab with her new job. She groaned again at the bright light from the kitchen and made her way there and started the morning with a tall glass of water, it was nothing special - straight from the tap - but the first one tasted amazing and the second just finished it off and hit the spot. She stared at the glass in amazement as the faint aroma of magic dissipated. She began remembering "The Special Brew", if this was the work of her new boss Judy Spriggan she had lucked out, World renowned chemist and her senior witch mentor. She smiled a big happy grin. It was good to be back home.

 

Fran woke to the seductive smell of a bacon cooking... “mmmm” she moaned .. Leave the comfy warm bed for food.  It was hard. Her head hurt, it wasn’t the hangover she had expected. No nausea or a mouth like a floor mop or aching muscles. Then she remembered they had been drinking Judy’s special brew … well they called it that but it was really a wine ,,,, ok if you were honest it was cider, wine made from apples. The smell from the kitchen called again and the glass on the bedside table came into focus … oh yes.. Need a drink!. The glass was a pint, it was warm but it tasted amazing as she chugged it all remarkably fast. Woow, the room spun a moment and stopped. The pain from the headache faded away to a small niggle … there was a faint aroma of magic in the air quickly overpowered by the Bacon!.

 

Fran stretched as she walked in to the kitchen

“You didn't have to cook breakfast”  she smiled “but its great surprise!” she laughed.

Mel grinned back at her as she dished up the bacon and poached eggs. 

"That Brew of Judys is amazing… I assume that's why we don't have hangovers." Mel grinned.

Fran laughed, "Yes, it's a mild healing potion triggered by drinking water a few hours later.  Still trying to work out if we can market it to the world but I dont think it's going to be possible."

Fran reached over to the kitchen sink and poured herself another glass of water … chugged it down like a pro, burped and smiled the biggest happy grin at Mel.

It was sooo good to have Mel home!

 

A sexy amazing Mel … yeah, sometimes you get Lucky.

7