Way of the Sword
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We finally arrive at the dormitory area. I walk to the training room, opposite the cafeteria. There’s a small group of students doing an 8-cut drill with steel blades. I glance back and I find all three boys gazing in pure awe. If they weren’t totally sold on the idea of joining us, they were now. I can’t imagine how many movies they’ve seen with men with katanas doing generally badass things, but it seems like they at least had something resembling a childhood. I walk over to the recruit supervising them-the drill leader, as he was designated. “Marcus. We have new recruits. Show them around.”

“These little runts? Aren’t they a little bit on the young side for our tastes?” He looks over, raising an eyebrow.

“Don’t care. They got approved and they’re joining now.”

Marcus crosses his arms. “Fine.” He turns to fully face the three orphans. “You three, sit against that wall and watch. I’ll try and get you sorted out once we’re done with this training session.”

The boys sigh, perhaps disappointed that they’re not getting to swinging a katana around immediately. They go to their chairs perhaps slightly dejected, but as they sit down and watch the show, I can still see the wonder on their faces. This is gonna be the best time of their lives.

Well, if they don’t die too soon, anyway. I turn around and walk off, tending to other things that day.

1